Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Okay, so I swear I have aged like ten years overnight.  I'm an older mom (said my obstetrician) and just started losing my baby weight and my skin isn't liking the quick weight fluctuation.  I don't know whether I should just stop losing the weight or to continue and risk having droopy skin.   I'm just feeling a bit sorry for myself today.  

@heartsmyface I was an older mom too.  And I looked awful for about a year after my second baby was born.  But it got better (as I got more sleep and started eating better?).  How you look now, is not how you will look later.  Lose the weight, your skin will mostly tighter and all will be fine.

No, we'll never be exactly the same as pre-baby...but so it goes.

@meganlisa That's reassuring.  I don't remember caring or even knowing to care with my first boys, though I think I bounced back very quickly with them.  Thanks for the encouragement.  I think I am going to will those skin tightening creams to work.  

@heartsmyface Vegetable juice.  For me, nothing else makes such a quick difference in my skin.  But the creams are also good.  I bounced back a lot quicker with my first than with my second.  Somehow, time made a huge positive difference.  And you do look amazing, BTW.  You just might not look exactly the same to yourself.  But to us....

@meganlisa I totally agree with you about the green juice. When I do green smoothies I notice a YUGE difference - so much less dryness and dullness. Not to mention the energy and mood boost... 

Whenever I get lazy with it I see And feel the difference 😖

@heartsmyface

@Grahamcrackers Thanks for backing me up.  I'm nuts about skin care as well.  But the green juices still make a noticeable difference...immediately...

Well it's about time I dusted off the juicer then!  😆 I love juicing!  Well, I do when I remember to.  Reestablishing good dietary habits has been rough.  

And yeah, I probably don't look as different as I feel.  I bet a lot of it is that life has changed so much lately.  

Probably.  But there is something about that baby tired that isn't flattering.  You look great, but are probably just juggling so much change you aren't fully there yet emotionally.  Kids can be so draining, much as they're worth it. 

The juice thing is magic for me!

@heartsmyface You look absoutely gorgeous to me! But from one 'older' mom to another, I totally get it. I had my kiddo at 39 and I vividly remember looking in the mirror at my facial 'situation' about four months post partum and thinking oooooooh dear. It gets better though - give it time. Everything is still in flux. Use it as an excuse to treat yourself to facials and oily potions! And I'm not gonna lie, if you are open to it, a pinch of botox and a wee dash of juvederm goes a looong way. 😊

@Grahamcrackers great advice!  I think I'm expecting too much too soon.  

I'll be doing a consult for juvederm in a few months for sure!  Just waiting til he weans off breastfeeding. 

I don't know what to say in such a situation, so I will send a cyber-hug. And p.s., you are always enviably adorable. ❤️

Thanks😪  I like hugs!  I think I'm gonna go look at pictures of baby owls. image.jpeg

small-Piglet-PPcorn.jpg

IMG_6918.JPG

Sooooooo adorable!!!   

Here's another

polar-bear-hugging-dog.jpg

Ack!  Don't open spoiler if you don't wanna be sad.

Spoiler
that polar bear ate that dog earlier this month cause the polar bear wasn't fed by the owners one night. It was on the news.  

There is problem with polar bear being starved to death in nature during the winter, likely associated the climate change. We might come to the point where we have to formulate polar bear food and feed them somehow to save them. But I know people do not want the bear to associate human with food. So don't know how that's gonna work out. 

Well Churchill is in the direct centre of their migration path so they see a lot of hungry bears come through.  People aren't supposed to walk alone there OR leave their pets outside.  Attacks on humans mean they have to kill the bears for doing what they do- eat.  

Yeah. I heard if the bear comes to the village, people will put the bear into bear jail and only give it water. My college is applying for a grant to save the bears. I really hope she succeeds. 

Bear jail?  They should probably fence off the town.  It's not the Bears' fault they decided to plop a town in the middle of their road.  

26 Replies
testing