Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Right! When I ordered the other day there were three non-perfume ones... Enough

Biggest pet peeve is when ordered samples get swapped out for perfume vials (extremely sensitive nose). I understand if samples go OOS and get switched out, but I pick skin/hair care samples for a reason (easy packing for vacation!). 

EDIT: And also when they don't sub out ALL of them. My order was a Boscia sample, Guerlian sample, and GlamGlow sample.  I got: Nirvana Rose vial and L'Occitane lotion sample. No third sub.

10 out of the 12 Sephora samples are fragrance vials. Out of the 10, 4 are colognes. Come. On. 

The fragrance vials are my least favorite. One day my pile of fragrance vials will consume me.

I got the new Hourglass blush palette today and I was so excited for it, but I'm kind of disappointed. I was really curious about that middle nude shade and unfortunately the pan is almost all highlighter. I know that's the risk you take with a marbled product like this but it's so annoying!  Don't get me wrong it's beautiful, but I can barely pick up the actual color. It's possible but it's not what I wanted. 

Of course I'll still get use out of it though and the other two shades are perfect!

I didn't get the palette yet for that reason. When I buy the Hourglass bronzer or Incandescent Electra I have to buy in-store and check the inside before purchasing because  of the color swirling discrepancies that can happen.

Hopefully once you've taken off the top layer there will be a better blush:highlight ratio underneath. That's definitely fluctuated throughout my use of the older blush palette anyway. My Incandescent Electra is almost all highlighter at this point too, but it didn't start off that way.

That's very true!  Hopefully it changes a little bit once I use it.

Anonymous Insider

When UPS delays your delivery because it's raining.  If I have to go to work today UPS, so do you!

(It is raining pretty steady and has been all day, but still, this is hardly hurricane weather and everyone else seems to have made it outside to get their work done.)  Ok, rant over.

That sucks! I love my UPS guy, if its raining or if it rained he puts my packages in a plastic bag.

That totally sucks! I got my packages yesterday, they were a little wet but atleast they arrived. Rain all day yesterday and looks like today might be the same but not as bad 😞

Almost stepped into a puddle on my way out of the car - disaster averted.

I hate that too! My tracking says my package is out for delivery since 3 am but it's already almost 6 pm and I haven't gotten my package yet 😕

@veronika23

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for my rude behaviour. I am sorry! 

🙂

sorry.jpg

thumb-up-terminator+pablo+M+R.jpg

When you place an order, box gets delivered, and you've received completely different items than what you originally ordered! Why Sephora, whyyy? 

Two pet peeves today...

1.  Trying to de-stash my sample pile and your face deciding that it isn't going to happen (segue into #2)

2.  Zits all over at 41 years old

omg yes! I am constantly trying to de-stash, but then I'm like "ooh, but this has such good reviews" or "I was intrigued by this one!" and the never actually giving away OR using any because you have so many!

I dislike how the May Lindstrom Jasmine Water bottle is black, glass, and heavy.  I can't tell when I am close to being finished with it.  Since it's heavy, I feel like lots is in there, but I shake it and notice that a lot is missing.  I don't want to be left with nothing, but I also don't want to buy a new one when I don't need it.

Bath & Body Works never having free shipping to Canada.

upload_4058129342227788400.gif

Love this gif!!! 😄

Rushing to order nail polish and accidentally ordering the same nail polish on 2 separate orders -.-

1 Reply
testing