Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I don't know why, but I just seem to run into a lot of ELF fanatics who get really angry when I mention that I've never had a good experience with any of the products. 

And my favorite is when I'm the one who originally introduced them to the brand and suddenly they're acting like I'm the noob XD. It is a shame, I also love talking about makeup, but people who feel the need to be a condescending know-it-all are no fun, and sadly every fan base has them.

I went to Bay and bought Chanel ÉGOÏSTE for my bro. That Asian snob corrected me when I pronounced it in French. Thats why I hate shopping in store. 

p.s. if my post bothers you, move on. There is no need for bullying in the name of political correctness. 

I also hate shopping in store, someone might correct a mistake I made, and I might learn something. 

What on earth?  If someone tells you something bothers them the usual response is to apologize for offending them and to try to do better in the future.  You're not going to garner affection (or respect for that matter) with an attitude like that.  

I'm almost afraid to scroll down and read others responses.  

You bother me in general, so from now on, I will move past all of your posts. You obviously do not know what true bullying is if you think any of us here are bullying you. 

I can't believe you edited your original post to make it even more ignorant than it already was. 

The only peeve you're proving here is your intolerance and that you can't be corrected for pronunciation or bad behavior. I'm coming to realize that maybe I expect too much from people in this forum. Honestly, I feel let down by your actions here considering how kind other members have been to you since the friends & family sale. Enough is enough.

@AmdSeph

Oh dear!  If only "that Asian snob" knew she had so many other, more critical things to correct you on, she might have moved past the French bit.

Perhaps next time.

She was probably being kind @greenchilli. I'm sure there are so many other areas to correct @AmdSeph on but there just isn't enough time for all of it. 

@greenchilli wow you are buthrted by this? 

Does not look like you have better things to do in your life.

I feel sorry for you.You must be fun at parties, bully!!!. 

IF you have bothered to read everything I have said above, may be you would know that I have written. 

@AmdSeph, how does @greenchilli's comment make HER a bully, but YOU are not? She simply pointed out that perhaps there is a better, less offensive, less intolerant way of describing the HUMAN BEING that you had an interaction with. We have all had less than glowing experiences in a store - that doesn't give any of us the right to attack another person based on race or ethnicity.

But then you began to outright attack @greenchilli - telling her that since she finds your comment offensive and she doesn't agree with you, she MUST be a bully. So... what does that make you, exactly?

"greenchilli wow you are buthrted by this? "

Is this a trick question?  *Looks up Google*

Is this in French, because I don't know any French.  Unless you count "au contraire ", which means "in the country".

I was "au contraire" today, making many cow and sheep friends.  

I am sorry for your experience. But you could've just use snob instead of "Asian snob".

@AmdSeph @Babypeachist @greenchilli I don't want to pile on, but I just have to say I do think this is an important point, and one of the things I love about BT is that people are willing to stick up for the right thing.  We all make mistakes, and I know how frustrating that experience must have been for you.  The important thing is to realize when you have made a mistake and move on.  I know people on BT are (in my experience) very kind and accepting.  

My research in college was on implicit attitudes and stereotypes, and not to bore you, but one of the main implications of my research was to avoid furthering stereotypes via implications that align with our implicit attitudes.  What that implies is that while what you said may not strike you as wrong, it does further harmful stereotypes by associating an ethnicity with a derogatory term.  Implicit bias decreases more slowly than explicit bias, so while I know it can feel oppressive to watch that what you say is "politically correct", it is important to create a more equitable, less biased future world. 

All I wanna do is to politely point out, "that snob corrected me when I pronounced it in French" would serve the purpose of delivering you message, unless you@ArvSeph think the salesperson being Asian played an important part of your bad experience. 

I'm sorry that you feel that way. If you say that you stand corrected, does that mean you agree that you were wrong?

I'm also sorry that I'd like to try as politically correct as possible in order to respect those who post on this board and everyone else in general.

Nope, I think you are being way too oversensitive though. 

Like GEE, I am describing somebody!!! 

Nope. I have to stand by @Babypeachist on this one. 

And I wouldn't describe a salesperson as that black snob, white snob, Hispanic snob, North American snob, South American snob, African snob, European snob, Australian snob, or Antarctic snob, either. 

Please add 'South Asian' snob ^ lol @txcatx

@txcatx those dang snobby Antarctic penguins!

5 Replies
testing