Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Tell her that you have started celebrating the Canadian Thanksgiving instead, and 'oops' she missed it 😛

Oh dear...that is just a terrible situation to be in. 😞

where your needs/wants are pretty much steam rolled over

Oh no, that's so frustrating! I'm sorry. I'm sure everything will work out, but ordering pizza is always a great backup plan 😉

Sorry I left out that she wants to come over for BREAKFAST! We're not going over for Thanksgiving dinner until 5:30. So much for sleeping in as I've already been asked while she was in the phone if "is it okay" and I said "whatever" and that led to "she said it was fine" WTF?? Obviously the don't-piss-my-wife meter isn't working at the moment. I don't have anything in the house except for bagels and when I asked when is she supposed to come by I was told "she'll call ahead." Great.......

WHAT??  This is insane. The way I see it, give she invited herself with no notice, your choices are to serve her the bagels you have, or your husband goes to the store to get what is needed and prepares the breakfast, since he said they could come and they are his parents.  😛

I'm sorry you're in this situation.  Let us know how it goes.  Good luck.

It'll either be crappy with me bucking up and later drinking too much at dinner to try and relax or I'll be"blamed" for her not coming over since we ran out of time i.e. I didn't get back quick enough with groceries/wake up early enough. Husband is asleep and if I let him cook we'll all be sick with food poisoning - I wish I was joking!

Not to mention the house now needs cleaning. I mean my home is clean, but you always have some things to tidy before letting people in your home you know?

Oh well - at least I am blessed enough to have a warm home with food and other comforts whereas others aren't as fortunate. It's been a super stressful month (we had a co worker pass away unexpectedly among other things) and I was looking forward to relaxing since I had my schedule planned out for the weekend. I'm the type of person that freaks out when plans get interrupted - I feel like a brat for complaining as I've obviously forgotten what this holiday is about. Well off to the store since I'm awake - I think I'll make omelets.

Ugh, I'm the same way. I have my schedule planned well in advance since I'm so busy--so something like that would really throw a wrench in my planning. Sorry you have to deal with that 😞

Complaint-shaming. 

I belong to several beauty forums and interact with a handful of blogs (mostly subscription box related), and I've noticed an increasing intolerance for any perceived "negative" commentary. In many cases, when someone relates an opinion or experience that's less than enthusiastic, it's almost guaranteed that several people will jump in to tell that person why they "shouldn't" complain. The site or blog owners are the only ones with the right to dictate post or comment contents, and yet most of the complainer-shamers are fellow users/members who cite "negativity" as justification.

To be clear, I'm not talking about hyperbolic complaints like "omg _______ subscription box is the WORST b/c I got lipgloss instead of lipstick fml" or insults to specific members, but rather about very legitimate causes for complaint - things like a considerable value discrepancy, products that aren't as advertised, cancelled orders, customer service issues, etc.These are frustrating issues, and I can understand why people want to air them - sympathy, advice, caution, reassurance.....the list goes on. 

While I can understand not wanting to read a litany of angry rants, in some situations disappointment, frustration, and even anger are merited. It's wonderful when things work out for the best, but that just isn't always the case - why is it wrong to voice disappointment when standards are not met? I feel like the "no complaining!" people want everything positive all the time always, and that's just not realistic. If one prefers not to expose herself to "negativity," it seems easier for that individual to just not read the complaints rather than invalidate and censor all those who make them.

Post-script: I recognize that on a very literal level this post itself engages in what it denounces, in that it complains about the complaint-shamers and prescribes a behavior they "should" follow (skipping over "negative" posts). It's meta-within-meta. But this is the thread for our gripes and sore points (which, if memory serves, people have complained about for inviting negativity), so here I am. I honestly am not trying to "start anything" -  this is a wonderful community and I've enjoyed engaging with ALL of it - the celebrations, the advice, the hauls, the counsel, the excitements, the complaints, the joys, the disappointments, the support, the peeves, the tutorials, the rewards, the anticipations, the frustrations, the tips....thank you for all of it. ❤️

Yup totally sounds familiar... It can't all be sunshine, lollipops and rainbows 😄

I totally feel you on this one. Luckily here people tend to be really supportive as far as I've seen. It's sad to see that kind of nonsense. 

THIS! Def. agree with you!

It looks like MANY people act like company 'shills'.

I don't think they want everything positive but rather get over-defensive about their choice. They see that...whenever people post complaints about products they are choosing, hence 'THEIR' product, they become over-sensitive and think that their choice is being attacked.

Its the psychology of 'my personal choice being attached so I must step in and protect it'. 

I never owned any ABH eyeshadow and the BF killer deal on eyeshadows are killing me but hate $17.95 shipping. Sigh! Why cannot they offer lower shipping. How the hell Tarte and Elf can offer so much cheaper shipping 😞

When being in Canada sucks lol #firstworldprobs

@jesscheems hey at least we got Disney-lookalike Primer Prime Minister. LOL

Primer Minister.. Freudian slip? 😉

Spell checker?

Arr close enough! 

Spoiler
FacePalm

Shipping costs are literally infuriating. I understand them in most cases, but in some cases they are absolutely ridiculous.  -__- I wanted a $25 KVD t-shirt (from her High Voltage shop). To ship this thing to Canada bumped up the price to $85!!!! Are you frickin' kidding me?! That is outrageous. And the most infuriating part is that I damn well know it doesn't cost $60 to mail a t-shirt, but they don't give you any other option. Seriously ridiculous. 

It should cost no more than $10, depending on the weight but I think they probably either choose super-expensive courier or just flat shipping 😞

Peeve at myself... When I buy something that is final sale and then I feel buyer's remorse because I went a little overboard... Why must I have no self control?!

Okay I'm mad at myself. I saw on Trendmood that Kylie was releasing all new products today and one of the lippies called Dancer caught my eye. I was more curious how fast items would sell out then actually buying something so I put one in my cart and waited 30 minutes (minimized in the background on my desktop) and it finally let me thru. Well after waiting all that time and being shocked that it was still in stock I picked it up. I feel like I need to go to confessional or something. I swore I would never buy anything from her and I broke it 😥. It was after waiting all that time and it being there still it was like I just HAD to buy it. Oh well it's only $18. I need a bath - feeling dirty 😄

*This is not a dig at anyone that likes the Kardashians. I'm mad at myself*

2 Replies
testing