Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

maybe it will magically go back up at midnight I can only hope

My pet peeve lately is that I can't make my eyeliner look even lately! One side will point straight and the other will point up slightly. Its not something others would notice in person but it bugs me. I have hooded eyes and they are slightly different. ugh haha

Random peeve...

Tried a Formula X polish weeks ago and it stained my nail this horrible yellow! It's a pain waiting for it to grow out!  My nails are naturally really white so I very much hate this yellow highlighter color 😄 😄 😄

Oh no! That womps!

@veronika23 did you happen to use a base coat & was the colour you used a darker one?

I used to be a 24/7 polish wearer... and got stuck in the cycle of painting over the nails to cover the yellowness, and making it worse... 

I've been polish-free for over a year now (with a short period of gel polish in a few months ago for 2 weeks). Love I don't have to worry about chipping my polish, removing it when it looks bad, and my nails stopped peeling and grow much faster nowadays. I stopped painting my toes, too...it was just too much work to keep everything looking nice. Chipped toe nail polish looks terrible!

@k617 no base coat... It was a darker color and I was just swatching it.  I own a lot of dark colors by other brands and never had that problem.

Oh man I can't go without painted toes... get a pedi like monthly LOL  and yeah chipped toe nail polish looks terrible. Glad mine lasts like a month! 😄

@veronika23 Yikes! A swatch did that to your nails?! Crazy!!

@k617 yup!  Wasn't too happy. I think I'll stick with brands I really love like Cirque Colors. I am so impressed with them. Same goes for ILNP.

This happens to me too, with any nail polish I use on my toes. Now I always have to have my nails painted or they look yellow 😞

Long flights. Hate them. For so many reasons… But, let’s keep ‘em beauty related… They mess with me inside out. My skin goes crazy. My everything goes crazy. Then I go crazy. Gah!

upload_5044898191402303212.gif

LOL the gif!!

Oh man, I feel you! Flying just throws my skin all out of wack, it gets super dehydrated and then starts overproducing oil so compensate. And then I get painful deep acne along my jaw. And what makes it worse? I travel for work. I fly regularly. 

@lyravega ugh flights wreck my skin. It becomes oily yet dry at the same time. And I swear it makes my zits come to life. I can get on a plane zit free, but once I arrive and look in a mirror, there they are. My very scientific claim is it must be the cabin pressure. 

For me it totally depends on the airline I'm flying. I can handle longer flights if they provide entertainment and alcohol haha. Thankfully I haven't had any skin issues while I fly, but I can definitely feel a littler dryer while I'm in the air. I prep with a moisturizing mask the night before I leave and drink TONS of water before taking off, but not so much I'm needing to use that awful plane bathroom every 20 minutes. 

I feel your pain @lyravega! I started bringing a bottle of hydrating mist with me, it seems to help.

Flights aside, the change in climates when I'm traveling also makes my skin go crazy 😞

Change in climate is the worst! That messes me up even more! But, this time it was especially bad. I’ve no idea why. I had absolutely great, fantastic, amazing time! But I am happy to go back to US as I hope my body will go back to its normal self asap!!! I can’t deal with everything that is going on on my skin, and internally, anymore… Time to go home… ( Which is funny… I was born and grew up in Europe! Dableep?! )

OK, I keep seeing this blogger(?) IG'er(?) post about her collab with X company. I feel like it was announced MONTHS ago and she showed photos of her looking at colours, laying things out, etc. But to date, no palette, and she has had her IG followers vote on EVERYTHING. The palette layout, the palette outer casing colour and now EACH SHADOW COLOUR!

I get the whole "you guys are helping me make this happen"! but... seriously? A palette is great when all the colours work well together. Sure, every time a shadow colour is voted on they're from the same family, but it's not that they only have subtle differences. This palette could become a huge mess if the final colour combo doesn't work.

To date, there have been 5 votes since July... I believe there are 10+ shadows in the palette. Oy.

I seen this too and thought it was silly!

@k617 its funny that you say this because I was thinking the same thing! I vote on the colors I like, but then wonder if they will work together in the palette? I feel like the way I've voted so far is that I like the two colors (for each voting group) TOGETHER, but hell if I know if I'd like them with the other pairs I've picked, hah! At least so far the colors seem to be a bit different than every other orange-red-maroon offering which has been out lately.

I thought it was nice and engaging to have her followers decide on various aspects of packaging, but I agree somewhat that choosing each eyeshadow color for the palette is borderline overboard.

Anonymous Insider

Hah wouldn't go as far as to say she's a blogger considering most of her text is emoticon (unless she has a blog I have no clue about....). I honestly try to ignore it (and all her other posts about her secondary IG). What makes it easy is @veronika23's constant vigilance and updates to this board 😄

I really liked the vote on the palette layout and packaging because I thought that involved the community in a really fun way...the colors are a bit much though. You're right in that I'm not too sure if this will be cohesive enough.

1 Reply
testing