Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Hahah @Anonymous @veronika23 I knew I didn't have to say who it is! 😉

I agree the packaging and layout voting was kind of cool. The colours? Way too much. Maybe she could have put together a few different layouts on her own, and have her followers vote on the overall layout instead of individual colours??

COHESIVE. Yes, that's the word missing from my post!!

hahaha thanks @Anonymous 🙂  I agree with you on the voting of layout and packaging but shades too?? Oh man that's a disaster waiting to happen right there! Guess we will find out soon enough what that thing looks like! 😄

Um, Mascara wands that are just out of control. What is this? I feel like I'm going to poke my eye out. Also, can someone please explain the difference between Intense Black, Jet Black and Extreme Black? 😄 How about Black As My Soul? And $11.99 for Drugstore is bugging me. 

image.jpeg

haha I saw this in store and decided to pass because the tip of it worried me!

Is this an alien probe? 😉

Alien probe always reminds me of poor Butters. Wish I could post the NSFW picture 😄 Poor Butters!!!image.jpeg

Thats like a fearful tool for poking your eyes

I don't understand the balls on the ends of wands. Wasn't there some brow product where the wand was also ball shaped? Is the ball at the end supposed to help get into corners/edges, because I feel like the shape helps 0/10.

Spoiler
also kinda sorta reminds me of lady parts. SORRY if you can't unsee

I also dont understand the different names for black. I noticed the waterproof vs non waterproof versions have different names for "black"

I agree @mella900 Like that Givenchy one. Those spiked balls do nothing for my lashes. A traditional tapered wand works best for me. Some things are just fine as is. 

Hahaha seriously what is up with that wand?? I'd probably stab myself in the eye with the ball at the tip!

Bahahahaha have to agree with all that!!!! I don't get all these weird wands either!!!!  But I would love a black as my soul black mascara 😄 😄 😄

"head like a hole, black as your soul" Now I have that song in my head and I hate that song LMAO! one more peeve 😄

My Ulta order I placed Saturday night has arrived in my hometown.

BUT, it won't be delivered until 'end of the day' Friday!

(I seriously hate myself for checking that 'package tracker page' but I also hate surprises! I am doomed).

When you call Sephora stores to place holds and are told they don't do holds for the sale 😔 

I'll get back to the point of beauty peeves- why are my eyebrow pencils all drying up prematurely?  I have one from Benefit, one from Etude House and one from IT cosmetics and they are all drying up!  They aren't even all that old, the one from Etude house is maybe a month old? I keep the caps on tight and store them in a cool dry place, and they all still feel like they are pulling my sparse lashes out when I try to fill in. Grr. If anyone knows how to rejuvenate these or what I'm doing wrong, please let me know.

You don't happen to have a dehumidifier running in your house do you?

Nope, even the heat isn't on yet, it's been ridiculously hot here in PA, it was 70 degrees today, normal is 54.

It was just a thought.  I can't think of any other reason that would be happening.  Bummer.  

I haven't had a problem with my pencils, I guess I would consider the ABH brow wiz a pencil. BUT I have this problem with the dipbrow pomade. It dries up so quickly even when you close the lid tightly. Drives me crazy. I still use it but it's not as easy to work with

Darn, I was going to try the Dipbrow Pomade next, but if it's going to do the drying up act, it's a no go. Thanks for the advice.

The ABH dip brow drives me crazy too! I've closed the lid so tightly once (to prevent it from drying it out) that the it broke, 😞 Had to buy another one before it even dried out. Lol.

testing