Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

8cb0d465b43539ee4bb566a65ee72946.jpg

Nope! 

I saw this in my hair salon and shuddered in disgust. 

OMG WHY!

I have no idea why it is like that, but there other color options are the same. Smith & Cult. I saw them on Beautylish today. It was horrifying. 

ugh, this would drive me crazy.  The second I saw the photo I tilted my head to make it more visually pleasing 😛 

Eww it's not even tilted and in the center! I'd be annoyed enough at the tilt but.. It's tilted AND to the right, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY @Samtian

@Samtian, I could not purchase this because of my OCD. I would get anxiety every time I opened it. 

This fills me with so much rage.  WHY?

Oh, that would be way too irritating for me to use!

Wow, this is gonna be a long one. Sorry!

I just had the absolute WORST experience at Sephora. I just wanted to return 2 things, with a receipt within the 90 day return policy. I usually prefer getting the balance put on a sephora gift card instead of a store credit so I can go home and use it online. I just find it the most convenient for me. Usually, no store has had a problem with it. Yeah, some SAs say that can't do it but they call a manager and the manager just says do it. But today, the SA (who I later found out was a manager) put the balance on a store credit when I specifically told her not to because I couldn't use it online, and argued with me that I could use it online. She didn't believe me, so she called a manager to the register and asked her. I had to show her the fine print on the back that says you couldn't use it online. After showing her this and the manager telling her the same thing, I reminded her that I asked for it on a gift card for that reason. Her and the manager then told me they weren't allowed to do this because they could get fired. This is when she told me she was also a manager, in the words "I don't know what stores you have been to, but I am manager and in MY store, we don't do do that". Wow, what kind of manager does not know that store credits cannot be used online? Whatever. I was fed up, and I told her to stop whatever she was doing and I was going to another store. She took FOREVER, she admittedly told me she did not know how to fix what she had did. Manager? HAHA. The worst part was her attitude, ugh. I was very upset, and she knew it and knew I was going to another store. But when I left, she told me to "Have a nice day!" in the fakest voice.

Long story short, when I went to different store. They couldn't even find the merchandise on my BI account because the "manager" bought the returned items with the store credit she issued me without linking my BI account. The "manager" at the other store didn't even tell me she was doing this, which actually would have messed up the situation even more cause now it shows that I purchased the item with a store credit. Which I didn't!! So the next store I went to, would not even have to honor the fact that I wanted it put on a gift card, they could just give it to me on a store credit if they wanted to.

The other store I went to, NOW THE BEST SEPHORA EVER in my eyes figured everything out for me, gave me my credit on a gift card I can use online (YAY!), and even gave me a free givenchy mascara mini as an apology for the other stores mess up. 😄 I was about ready to be done with Sephora (I was a little dramatic, lack of sleep, midterms, hungry), but it was so nice to be treated like an actual customer at the other store. Thank you to the manager and super nice SA who made my night so much better! 😄

^^This - if you could use it online why would it be called a STORE credit. Wouldn't it just be a gift card or simply a credit that can be used within the company (Sephora.com/Sephora/SiJCP); why do these people not get it? I understand that Sephora online and FS Sephora stores are the same entity, however you never hear someone saying "I'm going to the store" when they're going to plop down in front of their desktop and shop on Amazon. Store credit to me will always mean physically have to use in the actual store credit. Sorry you had to deal with snotty people - I think there's something in the water supply causing foot to mouth disease recently.

Ugh what is it with SA's thinking store credit can be used online... they can't! But my biggest peeve is why??? You are still buying from that store. Here they won't let me transfer my store credit to a gc so I can purchase online. It's a f-ing pain in the butt!

I don't understand that too -.- I paid cash for both things, so I think I'm kinda letting them keep my money by asking for a gift card to use online instead of the cash back I could use anywhere else. It's so frustrating. @veronika23

Yes it is @nikki25gee.

Anonymous Insider

A similar thing just happened to me at an Ulta...returned something and specifically asked for a gift card so I could use it online. The SA said the store credits can be used online, then called over a manager who emphasized the same thing. I was still doubtful because I know I've tried this before and it definitely DOES NOT work but I figured maybe the system online changed? When I got home and checked with my online cart, of course it's a big huge NOPE... now I'm trying to figure out whether it's worth it to go to the store again and sort out this mess 😞

Edit: holy moly just got the best customer service. I was on the phone with Ulta for maximum 2 minutes, and they already processed my store credit into a gift card 🙂

I'm glad they took care of it over the phone for you! 🙂 @keepra

I was thinking of doing the same, but I was SO upset that I wanted to get everything figured out in person. I think trying to explain everything on the phone would have frustrated me more LOL. I don't think I would have had the patience to figure it out on the phone, hehe. But I'm so glad the other store was so nice and helpful, they really made my night. 

@nikki25gee ~ This happened to me last time... I thought the SA was giving me a gift card since I originally paid with a gift card, but nope, it was store credit! I live chat with CS to put the store credit onto my account ~ thankfully they were nice enough to do that. The other option was to go back to the store and ask to exchange the store credit onto a gift card, but that's too much work.

I was thinking of all the other options as I drove to the other store, but I was just SO upset that I needed some kind of in person satisfaction LOL. And I wasn't even sure if they would give me the run around and make me go to a store anyway.

Thank you though, now I know I can handle it online. 😄 I honestly dread having to interact with SAs sometimes lol. Except the really nice ones, I love them. 😄 @lisainprogress

I will have to miss the rouge sale because my dad got urgent surgery at the beginning of Nov and it will take 3 weeks for recovery. Also had to cancel my trip. Thought I could pull some deals while on vacations *sigh* 

@AmdSeph hope your dad will be ok!

@veronika23 thanks! Its leg surgery so hopefully, it will be fine!

testing