Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@nikki25gee ~ This happened to me last time... I thought the SA was giving me a gift card since I originally paid with a gift card, but nope, it was store credit! I live chat with CS to put the store credit onto my account ~ thankfully they were nice enough to do that. The other option was to go back to the store and ask to exchange the store credit onto a gift card, but that's too much work.

I was thinking of all the other options as I drove to the other store, but I was just SO upset that I needed some kind of in person satisfaction LOL. And I wasn't even sure if they would give me the run around and make me go to a store anyway.

Thank you though, now I know I can handle it online. 😄 I honestly dread having to interact with SAs sometimes lol. Except the really nice ones, I love them. 😄 @lisainprogress

I will have to miss the rouge sale because my dad got urgent surgery at the beginning of Nov and it will take 3 weeks for recovery. Also had to cancel my trip. Thought I could pull some deals while on vacations *sigh* 

@AmdSeph hope your dad will be ok!

@veronika23 thanks! Its leg surgery so hopefully, it will be fine!

@AmdSeph I'm sure it will 🙂

My order using the very generously granted Sephora Employee F&F discount was cancelled.

I really appreciate the employee who singled out many of us at BT, but I am disappointed that when I used the code provided (within the limits--at least for me in Canada it prohibited use on the KVD vault set) my order was canceled. This is the first time this has happened to me. A little odd?

I'd call and complain. I don't see why it would get cancelled and why it's prohibited. Pretty sure I used a F&F code on a vault before. Doesn't make any sense at all... no explanation?

Hmmm... the vault really wasn't a deal in my eyes (unless I missed something) unless you wanted the autograph from kvd. The products weren't LE and there wasn't a discount so I'd think it was just like buying all those products except you got the case and autograph to go with it. That sucks it wasn't allowed the discount. I'm sorry your order got cancelled 😞

Thats so bad! Did they tell you that you cannot use coupon on KVD vault?

Oh no! Hopefully you can call in a place the order over the phone with the code. 

That's so unfortunate!

Currently growing out my eyebrows and I feel like: 

Herry_2.jpg

HAHA. I grew mine out earlier this year for a month and it was so hard not to pluck the ones that were way out in left field. 

I needed help finding a new foundation (I think MJ changed their foundation as my bottle was watery and icky) and everywhere I turned today at Sephora (I had it narrowed down to 2 different brands) everyone would turn and walk away - WTF? So I had to corner a MUA and get an opinion and he answered my question, but acted like he couldn't be bothered. I would understand if they were super busy, but they weren't. Was thanked for being a Rouge at checkout and that SA was friendly, but it left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I go to that store all the time. Part of me wonders if because I wasn't dresses up (baggy jeans and sweater) and wasn't as gussied up makeup-wise IDK - just made me feel like crap 😞

I feel like this experience is common (regarding getting bad service when you aren't sporting a full face of makeup). I had a similar experience a while ago. I went into the store wearing very minimal makeup (maybe just mascara) because I wanted to have my actual skin matched to foundation...and I was totally ignored by the staff. :S Needless to say, no foundation match happened that day.

For my second attempt, I went in wearing a full face of makeup and a nice SA offered to match me to a foundation I was interested in. So she had to wipe off my foundation in order to apply foundation. Great logic at work here. -__- 

That's so awkward and just rude! I know exactly what you're talking about though. Or sometimes the SAs will have RBF, and that definitely does not make me want to ask them for anything if they are going to be that off-putting. 

oh no don't tell me that, that's my favorite foundation too 

When sales associates are lazy and make little to no effort to help you out...

I went to Ulta with 4 of the freebie coupons. I always go in with at least 2 since Ulta is out of the way for me, so I want to get a bunch of stuff at once rather than drive several times for one item at a time.

Anyways, I tell her about them and she goes "well we probably don't have any", so I started naming off the products and she goes "well, we have the It Cosmetics cream, I know we dont have the butter polish, I dont think we have the mascara oh and I've never heard of the Lancome one".  So I tell her that it's okay if they're sold out, but if she could check (especially for the Lancome since it just came out a few days ago) and this time she goes "oh, well no I mean I haven't seen it so we don't have it", yet minutes earlier she told me she was off for two days in a row.  So AGAIN I ask if there's anything she can do (this was me hinting for her to actually go look in the drawers since not ONCE did she leave the register to actually check), and she could also ask someone else about it, and again she goes "umm no I mean really, I doubt we have it".  Ok listen here. If you KNOW that you don't have it, I get it, that's fine, but you keep repeating that you haven't seen it and that you don't THINK you have it.  Stop being lazy!

Also, other sales associates are usually nice and try to throw in something else to make up for it if the item is actually sold out.  She made no efforts, provided no other options and when I left she just goes "here you go", hands me my bag, and quickly calls up the next person.  Don't work in retail if you don't like dealing with customers!!!

I'm so disappointed that Bite used 2 of the same shades (fig and pepper) in their duos with the bronze and rose gold lipsticks that are in the Perfect Bite set. I really want to get the duos, but I already got and have used the perfect bite set and I just don't see myself using that much pepper and fig. What's a girl to do! Why can't they vary the shades they put in their sampler sets?

After reading that a bunch of ppl's Nordstrom orders got cancelled, I online chatted with Nordstrom CS to ask them the status of my order and if there was any chance of it getting cancelled. She somehow mistakened me and put in a request for my order to be cancelled! -.- Ugh, super annoyed. She claims that everything should be fine b/c she recalled the request, and all of a sudden she said my order status is showing up as "fulfilled" and a shipping label was created, but I don't trust her. Haha, I might end up going to Nordstrom tomorrow and buying my Glow Rida compacts in person and returning (or keeping :p) the ones I get in the mail, if I end up getting them. I'm not taking any chances. LOL.

I'm always forgetting to use ebates -.- It's so easy too. Lol. But I wake up, and get too excited about something being released or something going on sale. End up making an order half asleep, and realizing I forgot to use ebates.

Lol. Or just forgetting to use ebates in general! 😞

1 Reply
testing