Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@lipstick4soul lol 😄 Maybe I should start selling mine for $10 (at least I'll have clear conscience that there is nothing for this price at Chanel's) and give her some decent competition. Can you believe she already sold at least 5 of those!

Wow? Really. I guess people will buy anything....

Trying to find dupes in my collection I discovered one of my TF Melted Mattes is MIA. No idea where it could be and it was pretty much brand new. So crushed.

Lost packages with UPS.  I did a live chat w a UPS agent to find out why my package hasn't been delivered and it's lost.  I was told to contact QVC and open up an investigation.  Yes, there are by far worse things in the world but I was looking forward to using my IT cosmetics brushes that I bought at a crazy sale price.  Hopefully QVC can help.

Oh no 😞 I hope your situation gets remedied and you can finally try your brushes out!

I called my local sephora during lunch about them carrying NARS gel eyeliner...they said they did, so I drive all the way over there after work only to find out no, they didn't and never have. I seriously called?! someone said you had it?? even the website says you have it???

I got to sit in 20 minutes traffic thanks to that 😊😊😊😊😊😊

This happened to me where the website said it was in stock in the store but it wasn't. Fortunately Sephora is not far from me but that is really annoying 

Telling you the wrong thing when you called is super obnoxious. The SA you talked to probably didn't know what you were talking about and mistook it for something else. I have found that a lot of SAs are not very knowledgeable about Sephora products their own store does not carry. For example, right after Burberry makeup was added to the website, but no stores in my area were listed as carrying it, I was in a store and asked if they were going to carry it or knew where it would be carried in stores at all. The SA blankly directed me to the fragrance section. So.... yeah.

There have also been several times when the website has listed a store as having things in stock because the stock has been shipped to them, or because (in the case of new products) they WILL be stocking it, but it has yet to appear on the shelves. I have learned to call and ask about new products to save myself the trip in that case.

I have been getting emails from Sephora that have started to annoy me. The title of the one today was "Did you forget something?" There was also a photo of a finishing powder that I had clicked on earlier while browsing. No, I did not forget anything! I created a loves list for a reason. Don't tell me what to buy! 😄

91a764184924503155655467f74dbb04.jpg

@angel7594 My boyfriend was/is sleeping but I can not stop laughing. I think I woke him up!

The "reminders" are not the best tactic. I get them from various merchants and they range from "we miss you" (oh, do you now?) to "did you forget something?" (I sure didn't!)

PS: I wouldn't mind these reminders so much if Sephora/Ulta did it for deluxe samples/promos (for example a gentle reminder along the lines of "hey this promo code is still in stock!" would be awesome! 😉

I hate these kinds of reminder emails. I like to add things to my cart to see if a promo is still working, and I forget to clear it after I'm done.

I also despise the review emails. A place I ordered from decided they wanted me to review all 5 samples I ordered, but instead of sending one email about the 5 products, they sent me FIVE SEPARATE EMAILS, days apart about each individual product. SO ANNOYING!

@angel7594,  

Amen to that!  I don't like getting these type of reminder emails from any site telling me what I just looked at or what is still sitting in my bag.  

I got one of those today too. Grrrr

I admit I opened it thinking there might be a discount because many companies do it! Damn it.

Agreed. Those emails just strengthen my resolve to not purchase, waiting until there is a sale somewhere. 

But, but....did you forget something? lol 

I have been getting these emails too lately and it is annoying. I hate when other companies do this too! Spammy...

LOL!!

@jesscheems It is spammy, and I am so irritated by it that I have considered unsubscribing from the emails... but I do not want to miss out on the Rouge stuff. Ugghhh. 😞

I just got an email that says "Um, excuse me? Should this be yours?"

I received the same one today, vegchililover. That was a new one! 😉

That is terrible. This kind of aggressive marketing makes me crotchety!

My biggest Sephora email pet peeve is the "Because you need it" subject line. 

upload_3951843245669974154.gif

If I need it, I'll buy it. Probably somewhere else. 

testing