Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@etscore1 I am getting that subject line too. My moolahs are currently looking for a new retail space. 😆

@angel7594 10% ebates at Neimans is the front runner for me at the moment.

When I actually do the math on the difference between 4% and 10% is when I truly realize how cheap I am. lol.

Anonymous Insider

@etscore1 It's all about change in a coin jar...doesn't mean much in the moment but four months down the line it means you get to buy something else with that savings 😉

Nice! Thanks for that info. I am so cheap sometimes that even a 1 or 2% savings has me rubber neckin'! 😄

I was so eager to wear through all of the super fun shades from the KVD ELL mini set, but my lips were just not having it. I needed to take a break from the formula after day three. 😞 

But I've been babying my lips in hopes that I can wear Echo (the navy blue shade) for a night out with friends this evening. Let's hope that my Jack Black/Bite lip treatments have fully resuscitated my poor chapped lips!

Ok same repeated line @AllysonJo But if you exfoliate your lips and apply a lip balm before wearing KVD or any other liquid lipstick, it might take a little longer to dry but your lips will remain very comfortable under the lipstick.

Unfortunately, my lips are just ultra-sensitive. I exfoliate and wear balm under liquid lipsticks and still experience drying. Thanks for the advice though, @fatimamummy! I think that I just need to limit how often I wear mattes. 

I ordered the Mega Pro 3 palette with the early access.  Ulta's shipping is so bad, though, that it might not actually get to me until the 3rd.  A day after it launches in stores.  Oy.  At least, I console myself with not having to go to the store.

That is the only thing that annoys me about Ulta!! They are the slowest to ship, and I am not going to pay the $9.95 to upgrade to 2 day shipping. I did that once and it still didn't leave the warehouse for 2 or 3 days 😞 but I do love everything else about them 🙂

I hate to whine about this, but customer service is driving me crazy right now:

1.  Part of my Sephora order was cancelled.  I don't really care that much, it's just a body wash, but I needed to find out which of my payment methods they're charging because I paid with a combination of two gift cards and a credit card.  Since half my order was cancelled they won't need to charge all three.  I sent an email to Sephora because it isn't urgent.  A minute later I get an automated response telling me how I can buy gift cards!!! I assume I got this because I used the phrase gift card in the body of the message a few times.  I would rather wait a couple days for a real response than get an automated one that has nothing to do with my order.  Again, I didn't really care part of my order was cancelled, but not I'm annoyed.

2.  I ordered an iPad case from Nordstrom (strange place to buy this item, but I had a gift card and they had the case I wanted).  Got it in the mail yesterday and it looks slighted used/worn.  I'm not picky, and it may have just been a little dirty rather than used, so I ignored that fact.  However, this is a keyboard case and I can't get the keyboard to work.  So I contact Belkin to trouble shoot.  It took five minutes to get someone in live chat.  When I finally did, he took five minutes between each question he asked me.  After half an hour all he had told me was the warranty info, then disappeared for another five minutes.  I finally shut the chat down and boxed the case up to send back to Nordstrom.

I feel like the universe is trying to send me a message that I should stop buying things.

I recommend posting to Customer Service part of BT. You will get a pretty quick reply. I've had excellent service using that part of BT (the mods are on top of that section of BT, although I'm unsure if they are so quick on weekends). @mw23

Just realized that the Stila minis have half the amount of product as the KVD minis. In terms of price per shade they are close (Stila is still more expensive) but in terms of amount of product, Stila is more than double the expense per ounce as the KVD. Mostly this sucks because I wanted all 3 Stila sets and now I'm sad.

The Stila sets are not as good a deal as last year's, right? I thought I remembered last year a Stila set of 6 for $30, which was SUCH a great value... or have I got that wrong?

@JazaChaiThey were the same price. However, I just checked all my liquid lipsticks and the KVD full size have double the amount (or close to) of the Stila, Smashbox, ABH, Colourpop, and Sephora Lip creams. Also more than JS liquid lipsticks. The only one that's the same (that I own) is the new Too Faced Melted Mattes. I guess I just never noticed, and didn't think to considering the KVD are so slim.

1) I realized I only needed one quick spritz of perfume only after I had already done three, so I had to be that chick with too much perfume all day. Lesson learned.

2) I realized I have stocked up on shampoos that are fading my hair color too quickly, but now I have to use them up before buying more of the color protecting formulas. Again, lesson learned.

3)And just in general agitated that some of my favorite products keep flaring my dermatitis, which is more under control but still somewhat an issue and can't do anything about it because I had bad reactions with what I took to try to get it to go away. So I just have to deal with it.

I'm also dealing with your issue #3. Currently am not using ANY products on my face at all. 😞 This too shall pass (but the sooner the better)!

BAD EYELINER! especially winged eyeliner when it's just a line and not filled in or anything.

I personally love hollow eyeliner!  My hooded eyes won't allow me to do it easily, but I find it quite beautiful. 

A single swipe of eyeliner can be quite beautiful as well.  

There are many ways to apply eyeliner besides the thick filled in wing.

If we're talking about a failed attempt at eyeliner, try to be patient with people whilst they acquire their makeup skills:). We all start somewhere and, depending on your eye shape, it's not always easy to see that your eyeliner doesn't touch your lashline until your eyes are more closed.  

Trying to order shoes online and trying to figure out what size to get and if it'll fit. I'm trying to order some cute booties but depending on the shoe I'm between a 9.5 and 10. I'm annoyed because I have the worst luck with high heels and still try my luck. At least with this order I'm doing store pick up and if anything I can look for the other size if it doesn't work out. 

I hate this too! If I buy online, I usually go up half a size because I figure it's easier to make a shoe that's a little big work rather than a shoe that's a half size too small. I also tend to buy from brands I've purchased from before.

I wish all the shoe companies had a regulated sizing system!

This happened to me yesterday! Ordering from Nordstrom - every review says this shoe runs big so order half size or full size down. So then I deliberated for way too long over which I should choose, half size or full size lower than my usual. I hate making decisions. 🙂

testing