Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I'm having the worst customer service problems I think I've ever had. It's all a big Holt Renfrew mess, ugh. 

That's my pet peeve. Huge pet peeve. Ughhhhh. I don't like to be whiny but sometimes I think I need a moment to vent and let out my frustration.

@kilov @dioradict @Asche

here's my resolution in case you were wondering:

I spoke to a supervisor. She sent me a $25 gift card for the "inconvenience". But apparently the CS person I spoke to this morning also gave me the "wrong information". They can't escalate it to put in a request that the gift be added. It's too late.

So. She told me it's impossible to cancel and it's impossible to send the gift. Even though it hasn't been fulfilled or shipped. 

She said I could return it. Well, I pointed out the return policy says no returns on cosmetics. She promised to send me an exception letter to include, so that they will accept the return. I can then replace my order if I wish. 

Absolutely ridiculous. She agreed with me that it's outrageous that I've received the wrong information so many times. 

TL;DR: I won't shop at HR again, never trust CS.

@lachaton - Omg that's just ridiculous, how can they send that exception letter but not send the gift. what if they don't include that letter, wow this is so annoying.

May be you can follow up on their social media so they can fix this.

Or could you not accept the package and it returns to the sender and you can get refund? Or file a dispute with your CC company?  I know these are drastic steps but they are not exactly Customer friendly either.

Their site policy says no returns on beauty so it is like we are stuck there if we order from them even if it is their fault.

I am so sorry you have to go through all these @lachaton 😞 Hugs to you!

"She told me it's impossible to cancel and it's impossible to send the gift. Even though it hasn't been fulfilled or shipped."

That makes absolutely zero sense to me. I'd love to know the "reason" neither of those things can be done. Absolutely ridiculous. I hope you actually do receive that exception letter.

As a side note, I wonder how they can miraculously include a letter in your package, but can't add the gift. 

@Asche @dioradict apparently the letter is actually an email I'll receive, and I can then include in the package I'm returning (I asked, because I had the same thought as you). 

I'm going to wait and see about the letter. Otherwise, I'll decide next steps... sigh. 

It's so silly. Like, it's such a small thing compared to the big picture but this is such an easy way to turn off customers entirely. I'm really shocked at all of the misinformation. 

@lachaton - Hope you get that email soon. 

Can you return it in store or you need to send it back to Holt's? IIRC Holts orders doesn't come with a return label and we have to pay the shipping, that was last year, not sure if they changed it this year.

I was told I'll receive the label and I just have to stick it on and drop it off. I mean... I'm not holding my breath, after all this haha. But we'll see.

Ugh indeed. I've had SUCH bad customer service from Holts that I will not be buying from them ever again. Thankfully we have other options in Canada now.

Ughh no...Why do Holt's suck with their CS all the time? I hope they resolve it by sending you the gift or refunding you @lachaton. Keep us posted what they do.

Their website is a bit wonky at times so I hesitate to order online(thinking of returns in their store in case of an issue).

Nordies or Saks might have had the same gwp for JM, I didn't knew you were looking for it 😞

@lachaton Oh no! What happened?! I was just about to place an order from them...now I'm second guessing that decision. 

@Asche I think the situation is limited to my circumstances (just by chance) so I wouldn't let it stop you. 

I made a purchase for the Jo Malone gift. It wasn't adding to my cart, so I used the Live Chat (twice) - I was told both times that it would automatically be sent to me. I was a bit suspicious, but I was reassured twice that it was fine. They could see the problem I was having, but it was okay and if any problems came up they'd address them (but they didn't anticipate any). 

Surprise, surprise - I get a couple voicemails later in the day saying I need to phone them to cancel the order because I won't get the gift with my current order. I was told the wrong information. but they had put a hold on my order so it wouldn't ship until they talked to me either last night or today.

So I phone CS last night for 40 minutes, and nothing could be done. I was told that there was no hold on my order anymore and it was now released, so they couldn't cancel it. 

Another phone call this morning, and I'm told they can't cancel it but he can escalate my problem and get them to manually add the gift to my order. I'll hear back in 24-48 hours. Oh, but don't worry - my order won't ship. 

Wow -__- unreal. So your order won't be shipped, but it can't be canceled? Fabulous. Can they not just throw the gift in the box and send it your way? Why must things always be so over complicated?

I really hope it gets resolved for you quickly and you get everything you wanted. I always find it so unsettling when I've paid for something and then issues arise. Like, "okay...I've already paid for this. Either give it to me or give me my money back. Don't keep my money but send me nothing."

Yep, pretty much. Stuck in this ridiculous limbo. Just cancel it or add it! 

I'm more concerned about all the times I've apparently been misinformed. 

I'm having issues accessing the US Sephora site. On EVERY PAGE that loads I have to click the US flag at the bottom to switch to the US site. Basically, it keeps kicking me back to the Canadian site with every new link I open.

If I click on items while on a US page, I will either get the "This item is restricted in Canada" and have the option to click "Continue" to view on the US site. Some items, I can't even get there because it takes me to the "Product Not Carried" page and I can't switch to the US site to see the item (it just gives me the US version of the Product Not Carried page).

I'm trying to put together a order to ship to the US and this is immensely frustrating. I've tried opening a private browsing session, clearing cookies/cache...short of trying to access the site through a VPN to mask my IP address, I don't know what else I can do to make clicking around the US site easier!

It was doing that to me the other day too.

@k617 This exact thing happens to me. Recently I got the android app and tried it there, went under my account, picked Canada and went back to the home page. After adding things in the cart to test, I was able to reach the checkout page. I also tried this in the mobile version on my phone and it also worked. Otherwise it really is a PITA on desktop. 

I always get kicked back to the Canadian site. It's been happening for awhile now -_-

Anonymous Insider

Have you tried clearing your site cache and site-related history @k617. If you use Chrome, I can give you directions for it 🙂

I have tried everything @Anonymous 😞 Use IE at work and Chrome at home, same issues on both computers.

Anonymous Insider

This happened to me a while back and I remember how annoying it was...I think I might have initially gotten around it by typing in "?country_switch=us" after Sephora.com/ (so sephora.com/?country_switch=us).

Alternatively, I don't know if you've tried this, but in Chrome, click the three dots in the upper right corner, click Settings, scroll all the way down and click "Show Advanced Settings", click "Content settings" button under Privacy, click the "All cookies and site data", search for sephora.com and click the "Remove all shown" button next to the search bar. 

Also, not sure if you have Canada website enabled in any way in your profile settings at Sephora.com

@Anonymous I will try your tip about Chrome when I get home tonight! And will also check my account association...although I'm afraid to mess with anything in my profile in case I stop getting emails! 😉

Thanks for helping!

testing