Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:
Anonymous Insider

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Yes...that email thing is a bummer, especially considering the 20% and the $25 off $50 is coming up soon 😕

My current #1 peeve:  ME. I cannot believe I have spent the last two or who knows years using these primers with silicones and causing my breakouts.  Here I thought I had adult acne and it couldn't be helped.  

Peeve #2.  Primers that have 'cones in them.  For fun, I went through the entire makeup section in a bigger Target and checked ingredients on every one they had there.  Every primer had this evil ingredient.   Some had no ingredients on the bottle, and I didn't even try.  

I plan to buy the Becca, but I'd like other options. On the other hand, my face is clearing up finally and no more breakouts seem to be appearing.  Who knows how far back I set myself in my life long quest for absolute clearness on my face.  Is it too much to ask?

I'm like you! Every once in a while I'll use a silicone primer just to be reminded that it clogs my pores and somehow makes my makeup slip off faster. I like the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer a lot. I buy the big tube during the sale and it'll last me the year (or close to it).

Okay, so this is a really random customer service peeve-moment.

After reading through the terms and conditions for the MAC's Select Program, I found that the state of Massachusetts is excluded from the program. Random, right?

Out of curiosity and boredom, I decided to start up a live chat with a MAC rep to ask whether or not I, a Massachusetts resident, would still be able to redeem my anniversary gift online. I also asked why Mass is the only state not in participation with the program. The online rep could only tell me that the Mass has exclusionary "laws" (vague, I know).

She then gave me a phone number to call because she was clearly not the one to answer this question. Fine, it's cool. She tried, and I had some time to kill this afternoon. So I called the number and was was connected with an Estee Lauder representative. 

I'm not really hep on which cooperations own what. Maybe Estee Lauder actually does own MAC? Nope. They don't. The very patient Estee Lauder rep gave the standard MAC contact number and sent me on my way.

The saga continues -  I called the number, listened through the automated list of extension options and selected the "questions concerning the MAC Select Program" extension. I was then connected to a new disinterested and dismissive rep. 

Me: "The terms and conditions of the MAC Select Program state that Massachusetts is excluded from the program. Although I live in that state, will I still be able to redeem my anniversary gift online?" 

Rep: "You can go in the store and get the gift."

Me: "Okay, great! But can you tell me why the website says that I will be unable to do this at a store in Massachusetts?" 

Rep: "Fine, let me look for myself." *searches for the terms and conditions* "I don't know, I can give you a number to call to ask questions about the program."

Me: "You've been helpful enough. Thank you."

What? What just happened? MAC's customer service is usually spot-on! I feel like someone out there should know whether or not I can get my dang free eyeshadow or not.

Ouch!  MAC is owned by EL... not sure what dingbat you got on the phone but she clearly doesn't know... it's exactly when you call Sephora and they say it was started in the US..... ugh NO! 

I also find the the chat people on MAC's site are there to help with product questions and colors... not stuff like that and release date.

This is actually something I've ran into a lot... all I kept getting was Canadian law blah blah blah... they don't know... I can tell you one thing though. We have a province here that's always excluded from everything and it has to do with provincial laws... don't ask me what exactly I can't recall but I know it happens.

You'd probably have better luck trying to google your state's law on promotional gifts/contests/sweepstakes etc. 🙂

The rep was adamant that MAC was not owned by Estee Lauder. But dude, I just googled it and MAC's CLEARLY owned by EL, like you said.

How weird. I can always have my gift shipped to Pennsylvania, where my family lives.. so it's really no big deal. But still. Peeved. 

Sometimes people who work for companies have no clue about the actual company... You'd think it be the first thing they'd teach them... ugh.

Yes I'd be peeved too. Happened often here that Canada got the shaft about stuff offered to the US and always with the same tag line blah blah blah law something... so I know it sucks.

Ya it seems very similar to Quebec (Canadian Province). They got very strict rules and always excludes from many contest, programs, freebies etc.

After looking up Massachusetts' retail law, I gathered that the state considers the retailer the consumer in cases of giveaways/freebies, leaving the retailer to pay tax on the free item. 

So MAC is justifiably reluctant to pay tax on my free eyeshadow. *shrug* 

Aw taxes... they just like to squeeze out absolutely every penny they can! 😄

Zits.... in random places like your ear or right next to your lip.  Grr.....

Not beauty related, but this seems to happen to me all the time. Whenever I have a big event coming up I get sick in the days leading up to it. My boyfriend came down with something on Thursday so I spent a couple days taking care of him, and now I've caught whatever he had....and I start a new job this Tuesday. -__-

upload_7127620110989943249.gif

I get sick EVERY month! Just sick again with cold. I was sick last month, and twice in July, April, March, February and Jan... so it is disaster for me. 

Oh for me, Vit C does not help

Ugh, no! That's super annoying! Try taking TONS of vitamin C. It's these packets called EmergenC with like 1000% vitamin C. I find sickness goes away quicker when I take loads of this. Get better! 

I was on Ulta's website just browsing when I noticed some perfect five star reviews for products. I went to check it out and noticed that all of the reviews were imported in from the product's website. Looked at several other items and it was the same thing. I want to read reviews from Ulta customers not biased reviews from the product's website. I don't know why Ulta is allowing this. I then went on a department store's website and all the reviews for Lancome mascaras were imported from Lancome's website. Why doesn't web support find this a problem? When will the madness end?

Just got a call from my dad telling me that my horse got caught up in some barbed wire and that he needed to know where my cotton balls were to doctor her up...I told him exactly where to find them. He sent me a picture of the damage, only for me to notice at the bottom of the picture that he didn't use some of the hundreds of cotton balls, he used the last of my Shisedo cotton squares that I myself have been using sparingly. -___- 

Good news is, my Valentine is doing well. Only suffering from some minor cuts. 

Bad news, someone cut a fence in my back pasture that will need to be repaired:/

Great news that your horse is ok. Those barbed wire accidents can be really nasty, I've stitched up a couple in my time.

As for fence cutters, I hope there is a special place in H--l reserved for them. Stock and horses can get out in the road and get hit or cause someone to have an auto accident.

@prettyinpa Thankfully she wasn't cut up too badly but she got it wrapped around her hind leg a few times pretty tightly. The perk of having a family friend be a vet that specializes in large animals, especially since she is one of my 'neighbors' she patched her right up and made sure the blood flow hadn't been cut off too long. She's expecting a full recovery. She's doing very well just a slight limp that remains and the cuts are healing nicely

The fence cutters happened to be ATVers, we followed tracks that led to the neighbor that lives behind me, the same neighbor that accidentally

shot out my beauty room window last year. His grand kids decided that wanted to venture onto new trails. He had them repair my fence this past weekend and they get to help around the ranch for the next month as punishment:) He has also offered to cover all vet costs.

@veronika23 I can't agree more, if it isn't yours you should respect it but unfortunately the younger(15-18 year olds) somehow didn't absorb that unspoken rule when they were growing up:/

@StephaniLynn glad she wasn't injured too badly and you have a vet for a friend.  At least your neighbor is making the kids pay for what they did... hopefully this will teach them to not do it again.

Why do they cut the fences?

In my area, it's ATV riders- they feel entitled to ride on anyone's land, even if it's posted no trespassing or fenced. They cut the fences to ride on the land or cut them for spite because they've been caught before and know the next time they are caught they will be prosecuted.

Or it's hunters who are mad because the land is posted no hunting. Many farmers post land because they are sick of stock killed each year by careless hunters who shoot at deer without checking to see if there is livestock behind the quarry. There are also people accidentally shot during hunting season by stray bullets, don't get me started on that.

6 Replies
testing