Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Ugh, no! That's super annoying! Try taking TONS of vitamin C. It's these packets called EmergenC with like 1000% vitamin C. I find sickness goes away quicker when I take loads of this. Get better! 

I was on Ulta's website just browsing when I noticed some perfect five star reviews for products. I went to check it out and noticed that all of the reviews were imported in from the product's website. Looked at several other items and it was the same thing. I want to read reviews from Ulta customers not biased reviews from the product's website. I don't know why Ulta is allowing this. I then went on a department store's website and all the reviews for Lancome mascaras were imported from Lancome's website. Why doesn't web support find this a problem? When will the madness end?

Just got a call from my dad telling me that my horse got caught up in some barbed wire and that he needed to know where my cotton balls were to doctor her up...I told him exactly where to find them. He sent me a picture of the damage, only for me to notice at the bottom of the picture that he didn't use some of the hundreds of cotton balls, he used the last of my Shisedo cotton squares that I myself have been using sparingly. -___- 

Good news is, my Valentine is doing well. Only suffering from some minor cuts. 

Bad news, someone cut a fence in my back pasture that will need to be repaired:/

Great news that your horse is ok. Those barbed wire accidents can be really nasty, I've stitched up a couple in my time.

As for fence cutters, I hope there is a special place in H--l reserved for them. Stock and horses can get out in the road and get hit or cause someone to have an auto accident.

@prettyinpa Thankfully she wasn't cut up too badly but she got it wrapped around her hind leg a few times pretty tightly. The perk of having a family friend be a vet that specializes in large animals, especially since she is one of my 'neighbors' she patched her right up and made sure the blood flow hadn't been cut off too long. She's expecting a full recovery. She's doing very well just a slight limp that remains and the cuts are healing nicely

The fence cutters happened to be ATVers, we followed tracks that led to the neighbor that lives behind me, the same neighbor that accidentally

shot out my beauty room window last year. His grand kids decided that wanted to venture onto new trails. He had them repair my fence this past weekend and they get to help around the ranch for the next month as punishment:) He has also offered to cover all vet costs.

@veronika23 I can't agree more, if it isn't yours you should respect it but unfortunately the younger(15-18 year olds) somehow didn't absorb that unspoken rule when they were growing up:/

@StephaniLynn glad she wasn't injured too badly and you have a vet for a friend.  At least your neighbor is making the kids pay for what they did... hopefully this will teach them to not do it again.

Why do they cut the fences?

In my area, it's ATV riders- they feel entitled to ride on anyone's land, even if it's posted no trespassing or fenced. They cut the fences to ride on the land or cut them for spite because they've been caught before and know the next time they are caught they will be prosecuted.

Or it's hunters who are mad because the land is posted no hunting. Many farmers post land because they are sick of stock killed each year by careless hunters who shoot at deer without checking to see if there is livestock behind the quarry. There are also people accidentally shot during hunting season by stray bullets, don't get me started on that.

UGH.  I swear... It's not your land, go around.  I don't understand people and their disregard for others property.... it's childish and petty.

Don't get me started on hunters. Unbelievable! SMH.

Thanks for telling me though 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Prompted by organizing deluxe samples this rainy afternoon, I'm peeved when no instructions or a clear name to indicate product use are present. I've been looking directions up online for twenty minutes!

I know how you feel, I have tons of foil samples and I think I don't use them cause they don't always have directions on them. 

Each time I go to get my eyebrows threaded, I tell them to just clean it up and to not thin them.

Well, today, the lady thinned my right eyebrow out to a point that it's never been before. At least my left eyebrow is fine but I've never felt this self-conscious about my face before and I have no eyebrow filler products...I suppose I'm just going to use my eyeliner to sort of make the eyebrow thicker for the next couple of weeks. But I'm so sad, it's a minor issue but I'm still so sad! 

Anonymous Insider

Or when they trim the top instead of just waxing the arch like I asked. 😞

Oh my word. Yes. I feel you. 

It's like they want to make your eyebrows like the way the woman threading has hers. I always have to tell them to not trim! 

So some of you on instagram know about this. I was in a car accident on the 14th. I was passing a light and a guy on the u turn was waiting and for some gawd damned reason decided to gun it as soon as my van was right next to his car. If i hadnt steered right my van wpuldve hit full front to his passenger sidr. No one was on his passenger side, he wasnt hurt. Ive bern on muscle relaxants since that day. I feel better today though when i woke up and saw how dilated my pupils were i freaked. Haha.  Everything is fine but now my job kind of fired me. I can go back but with a release form when im at 100 percent which sucks cause i have no doctor and the free clinic takes months for an appt.

@Blackwhiskey,  

That's awful!  I hope that you are feeling better soon! Have you called a lawyer? Sometimes they can help you to get medical care before your case is settled. And of course, in case of urgent need, there's the Emergency Department.

Anonymous Insider

This is a terrible situation. I'm sorry you are faced with this and hope better days find you soon!

I am sorry you are going through this, hugs to you! ❤

Oh my god. I'm so sorry to hear about both the accident and the job.

If you are living in Jersey, there's a free clinic with appointments available I can recommend. 

@Bananya thank you and unfortunately i live in south texas. We do have free clinics but it can take up to a month or so to get an actual appt.

I have a wedding to attend and am super sick. I usually do not care about applying makeup, but it is a formal wedding. How do I apply anything without contaminating my pretties? Seriously, I am thinking of buying cheap makeup I can toss after the event. Was at Walgreen's today for NiQuil and came up with that plan. Will have to go back tomorrow to actually execute it.

1 Reply
testing