Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I missed Rouge event as I slept in and woke up at 12:00 noon from hangover 😞 

Why it had to be so early? Even my classes aren't that early LOL

I went to the Rouge event with my mom today. Wasn't impressed with the sets and the SF sets weren't in yet. I didn't end up buying anything and I was looking for a Tarte palette off course lol but it wasn't in stock. I went to the till to get my free Sephora lipstick mini with my mom and that too was annoying because the SA said if you don't have the email I can't give it and I would have shown her but then she told my mom she had to be a BI and assumed she wasn't for some reason so we had to put our cards on the counter lol. It was just not a great experience. Felt like I was begging for the freebie and it wasn't even a great feeling to ask for it even though the email specifies that you could get it free without purchase in-store. Literally felt like I was asking to steal something. Rant over.

Edit: Oh and the SF give me some lip wasn't even available and supposedly there was a 'limited' amount of stock...

When you stop in at Sephora to finally look for a new concealer and realize that the one you like best was a beauty steal at Ulta earlier this week.

when you head out wearing flip flops in a rush and only realize later that your feet are grossly dry and your dark nail polish is noticeably chipped everywhere

Me all the time! I'm not allowed to wear open toed shoes at my work so my feet get ignored for the most part. But when I go out outside of that I suffer for ignoring them haha

My pet peeve is when I see online thirteen year olds who are 10x better at makeup than me. I'm so jealous at that age I wore blue mascara

Seriously!  My daughter is so much better at makeup than me!  LOL!  I don't think I was allowed to wear makeup at her age...

White winged liner FTW. The late 90's/early00's were a strange time in makeup and fashion...

Haha all I had was chapstick. 

I thought I was fancy with my lip smacker on a lanyard... 😄

I wore a STREAK of pearly WHITE highlighter...glad that's behind me lol I still use that highlighter but I blend it subtly in a 'C" shape

to anyone wondering, it was benefit high beam LOL

ABSOLUTELY SAME but mine's watt's up

Ha, I had frosty pink lipstick and blue hair mascara! The times have definitely changed.

I used to put glitter in my hair! Thank goodness that's behind me

When your so-called friends act like you're rich and should treat them more because you can afford to go to college, no student loans and still afford nice makeup and skincare.. Ugh! But they also travel, starbucks almost everyday, got the latest iphone, have expensive phone/cable/internet plans--all of which I don't do or have. I made sacrifices so I can afford my beauty "luxuries"/addiction plus with my sensitive skin that flares out a lot, I get picky with certain ingredients and textures. And I can't share my excitement of my hauls with them anymore coz they might feel like I'm bragging when I'm not. 😕 

On the other hand, I'm glad I found this community, I don't share a lot here but just reading your posts makes me feel better. 🙂

No judgement here, just love of makeup 🙂

True! Thank you 🙂

Screenshot_20160908-144019~2.png

Excuuuuuuuuuse me?!? I resent that! 😛

Yeah I really these types of statement... those and the "I don't wear makeup I'm better than you attitude"... Why is it always some kind of competition. Can't people just let other people be and do what makes them happy... ugh.

this honestly has nothing to do with cost of cosmetics but level of skill 😄 ridiculous comparison seriously

anyway who cares buy Sephora because you like the brands and color or don't if you prefer only drugstore...it's not a competition

Honestly though. I'm sick of being shamed for spending however much on my cosmetics. 

testing