Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I'm worried that the lime crime velvatine I got from Urban Outfitters is fake too...i know UO is listed as one of their authorized vendors, but the packing on mine has aspects of fakes as well as authentic? so im very confused.

Oh no, what makes you think it's fake? 

I don't know if you can really see from the image, but there are a few differences in the labels (Exhibit A being the legit blush). Plus, Tribulation's compact feels less rubbery than any of my other NARS blushes. Now I'm paranoid that all of my other beauty dot com purchases are fakes. 

narsfake.JPG

Upon further investigation, the mini Goulue that we were given for Rouging has the same face diagram in the lower-left corner. Maybe I'm being over-cautious? 

@AllysonJo Temptalia's photo of Tribulation looks the same as yours. I think they just slightly redid the packaging. 

That's a relief. Thanks for looking that up!

I'm considering going to the mall this weekend, to go to Sephora.  The thing is, I HATE the Sephora here.  The SiJCP is great, but the one in the mall has overbearing SAs who won't leave you alone.  I get that they're trained to do that, but I really just want to shop in peace.  The people at SiJCP are much more laid back, and yet helpful when you need them.  Unfortunately, that store doesn't have what I'm looking for.

Put on your headphones.  Heck, just really listen to music and shop. ;')

Anonymous Insider

I've been breaking out like crazy so I tried using spot fix and I'm afraid I overdid it 😞 It wasn't as noticeable mid-week but my skin is so angry that I dried it out so much and it's super itchy >.< I hate how it's so hard to find a middle ground with skin care (and so easy to go over the line!)

I hate this, too.  I always try to find my 'sweet spot'  with Retin-A and all is great and then wham! one day I get raw or too dry.   I gave up.

Try Marula oil. 

My Beauty dot com order shows out for delivery, but not to the correct city. I rechecked my actual order and I did enter my information correctly.

My Beauty dot com order shows out for delivery, but not to the correct city. I rechecked my actual order and I did enter my information correctly.

Edit, I did receive my package via Laser Ship which I never heard of.

I am lying in bed breastfeeding an almost sleeping baby and my lips are dry.  I am staring at my stash of 300+ lip products and can't do a thing right now.  Why am I not a Jedi?  I could really use the force right now. 

I've been there @heartsmyface  now I keep a stash of lip products and lotions in my nightstand and my kitchen drawer downstairs, my purse, my car, etc....u get the point.  I'm too lazy to run to the one place I keep them stored on my vanity, so better to stash them everywhere u might possibly need them

Oh hearts, if my psychic forces were in working order, I would teleport one over to you post haste. And forgive me for not congratulating you sooner! I just saw a picture of baby Zim yesterday! I'm so out of the loop. What a cutie pie!! Hope he's fast asleep. 

Thanks pixie!  I'm all set in case of future dryness attacks now.  What self respecting beauty loving girl doesn't have a stash of lip balms by the bed?  - besides me last night? 😅

I constantly have to keep re sighing in to BT. What's up with that??? 

That happens to me constantly on my phone.  Not so much on my other devices. 

Yes it's always been happening on my i phone but now more then ever Grrrrrr.

I don't think it ever kicks me out on my desktop but I'm rarely on BT when I'm on my desktop. 

I'm an almost exclusive iPad user these days.  It's way too convenient.  The desktop only comes out if I wanna watch something that requires Flash.  

I can see the security benefits of periodically signing you out on your phone just in case you lose it, but I'm thinking security is a measure people should have the option to take their own risks with.  

Then again, I assume most people have passwords in place so people can't access the contents of their phones in the first place. 

4 Replies
testing