Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

This has been a topic of many rage texts to my bestie when I've been in Sephora.  In my local Sephora, good luck finding a mirror near Urban Decay, KVD, Nars, or Benefit.  It seems like every time I'm in the store, there is always a gaggle of teenagers/early 20-somethings jostling to get a mirror because they are doing their entire freaking face of makeup.  I have watched them do their face and walk out with no purchases (yes, I spend way to much time in Sephora).  It drives me bonkers. Getting a makeover is a different thing.  I don't think anyone is going in and getting a makeover every day.   

The sanitary issue.  GROSS.  I usually do swatches on the back of my hand to get an idea of the product.  But you had better believe that if a SA comes at me with an unsanitized product I stop them.  I don't need pink eye or whatever else could be lurking in the testers.

To refer to this as a feminist act is complete crap.  A real feminist act would be to do whatever you want to do.  If you want to wear makeup do it for you. As a feminist I'm kind of offended she is co-opting the term for this type of behavior. Call it what it is, selfish and gross.

OH.MY.GOODNESS

I have so many reactions, I don't even know what to say. I'll pick the one that thing that really made me angry. "I think you would be hard pressed to find a girl who doesn't refresh in there." 

I would be willing to bet money that the majority of people on BT don't do this. I have never used Sephora as a way to refresh and reapply makeup and never would. If I ever try on a product, it's because I am genuinely interested, not to free load. Ugh some people have no shame. This just makes me really upset because it's why stores hate teenagers sometimes(not that these are all teenagers, they are grown women for godsakes) Being a teenager myself, it's just annoying when I hear people doing such immature things.

I find it gross, and she'll probably end up with dermatitis, an eye infection or something worse, but whatever. I take bigger issue with her justification. I embrace the F word but I'm old school. And I was raised by a feminist that wore makeup and high heels. So I don't see her point. This is just another example of a woman using feminism as justification for her selfish behavior. Me, me, me.  And I dare say, if she was truly feminist, she wouldn't give a flying fig about other people's expectations. But what do I know, I'm old. 

BRAVO!!!! A million hearts!

NAk6C.gif

@pixiedust2, Your mom rocked and you my dear are not old!!

Funny thing @NancieNano  I never wore makeup until a few years ago. I was a surfer chick in the 70s and we didn't wear make up. We just had a great tan and rosey sunburned cheeks. Now I appreciate the effort my mom put in every day. 

@pixiedust2 I was raised by a feminist also. My mother during the 60s went braless hahaha BUT she got up at 4 in the morning to have time to put on a full face of makeup, bright lipstick including false eyelashes and always a very stylish outfit and matching heels and then left for work at 5:30 am for a 2 hour commute on the I5 to down town LA to work. She supported our family of 5 always making the effort to look like a million bucks 🙂

edited: I guess the burning the bras and bralessness must have been on the weekend LOL

@PaletteAddict99, now I know where you get your love for makeup:)

@PaletteAddict99 4 am AND a two hour commute?? Your mom is a superstar. My mom loved makeup and she passed that on to me. I still remember her and my aunt touching up each other's eyelashes every weekend LOL. It was this hardcore black glue, those lashes stayed put for weeks. I seriously don't even know if they still make that stuff! 

@pixiedust2 Yes I remember the black glue haha. They got it at the beauty supply store. 

And us kids used to freak out finding those lashes here and there thinking they were spiders LOL

@PaletteAddict99 OMG someone remembers the black glue LOL!!! Yep, same here about those little spider lashes. Used to scare me to death haha!

This is why I think feminists are just a bunch of twats! 

On the other hand, Testers are just that!  For people to test.  There is no limit or buying expectations.  It is what it is! 

If you don't like....Stay away! Stop worrying about the people that use the testers. It is none of your concern.

If you like...then 'test' away! 

If I worked at Sephora and saw one of these 'daily testers' I would just laugh! Just please, don't act like you are going to buy something and waste my time.   I am too busy secretly hating and laughing at you. 

What a classy statement, Yeah, us believers in gender equality are just sooooo obnoxious.

EYEROLL.

OMG @wheeeee, Twats! You crack me up! I love your posts!

hahahaahah!  @NancieNano

There are worst offenders than these 'tester junkies' at Sephora.

The speakerphone shoppers!

One time I was at Sephora standing in line to check-out the girl at the register was on speakerphone putting in 'her order' at the liquor store.  

Talking so loud and dancing around they had her Alize and how much fun she was going to have at the club that night.  She even TWERK'd on the counter!  They were going to sneak in the alcohol.  hahahahahah!

The SA didn't tell her anything.

I think it should be like other stores. If you are on the phone, you can't go up to the register until you finish your call.

This transaction also took 3x as long as usual. Another reason I avoid in-store shopping.  The ratchet customers. 

@wheeeee, That is definitely a pet peeve of mine. People, not everyone cares about your business.  DO NOT have your phone on speaker. You are Not a RealHousewife of wherever. And please don't speak so loud that people in the next aisle can hear you. NO ONE CARES.  Ratchet.....LMAO.

ahahahah!  @Housewives of wherever. 

Maybe more stores will start installing the 'no cell phone' sign at the register. 

Even a shy employee can just point to the sign for people to get off their phone.  

@wheeeee Yes! Working behind the counter it's really annoying to have a customer on their phone the entire time they are in the store all the way through check out. 

It's awkward trying to ask them if they need help or to fight for their attention when it comes to asking for them to pay/sign. 

Oh and the best part is when they have ignored any of your attempts to help them then stand screaming for help in the middle of an aisle 2 seconds later. 

The joys of retail haha. 

I feel bad for you!  There is no need for this.

Please tell your employer to install the 'no cell phone' signs at the registers.  

True store: I once had a customer complaining that she got a cold sore after using one of the lipstick testers in the store. 

I'm not even germaphobic and I would never put any of the testers on my face. 

@nekoally, I really don't care what samples a person chooses to use, it's their choice. But don't complain if you get a cold sore or other ailment. What did she want you to do at that point? You didn't force her to use the tester.

testing