Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

People/companies who don't reply to your messages and people who waste your time when you are selling items.

A few times now I've sent companies/small business emails asking about certain products and/or it's availability. Never heard anything back... you would think they'd reply... after all you are trying to buy something from them!  Same goes when you try to help someone out and they never reply to you... you know they got the message but guess it's too difficult to reply to it.

Or people who keep asking you a bunch of questions about something you are selling even though all the information is right there in the listing... you pretty much give in to their every request finally accepting their ridiculous offer but all of a sudden they don't reply... basically giving them what they wanted and they can't be bothered to reply and say they aren't interested anymore.

Ahh the joys of selling stuff... ugh.

I feel your pain @veronika23! I've been selling stuff on Depop and it can be so frustrating at times. One minute they msg saying "I want to buy this", then after you've gone through all the trouble of giving details, taking more photos, and getting a shipping quote they just never msg back. -__-

The other thing that annoys me are the people who argue with me about shipping rates. Yes, Canadian postal rates are ridiculously high, but that isn't my fault! I had someone argue with me over the price to mail a parcel to another province, as if I were trying to scam them. I told them to go look up Canada Post prices themselves and then see if I was making it up! After that, she asked me to lower the price of the item because she didn't like the cost of the item + shipping. So I'm expected to take a hit because of the shipping costs? I may as well just give stuff away and let people pay for shipping only. Apparently that's what some people expect. 

@Asche OMG YES!  People expect to get your items for free!!! People make outrageous low ball offers and get mad when I say no... I don't care.. go buy it at the store, you'll pay more! Or asking questions that I would just never ask... none of your business... geeze!  It's like would you go to a store and ask these questions???? Tell them I'll give you 5$ for something that's worth 100$. I'd avoid this if I could but stuck with stuff I need gone.

Yeah...I've been trying to save up a few bucks here or there and also slim down my makeup collection, but at a certain point it's almost not worth it. Especially in the cases where someone is like "$6 SHIPPED?"

Well darling, let's do the math...shipping a parcel is usually about $8 at least...so if I get $6 and it costs me $8 to ship it, I paid $2 out of my own pocket to send you a product. Yeah, I don't think so.  

yeah I swear... ugh.  Did you try local ads?  At least no shipping but comes with another set of problems ๐Ÿ˜„

@veronika23 hahaha yes I did, with some bulkier items! But that was ridiculous as well. People absolutely refused to meet anywhere convenient for me and expected me to travel to them (sometimes they were over an hour away!). Some people are so unreasonable. GAH! 

@Asche OMG yes!!! again! LOL  I swear like I won't travel across the city to meet you for a 5$/10$ item. I swear... I just don't get it.

Anonymous Insider

FedEx SmartPost

UPS SurePost

I've received packages from Australia within the time it took these services to get a package from New Jersey to New York.

Le Sigh.

oh, I hate their discounted services! they can take up to 1.5 weeks sometimes.

UPS has been especially annoying lately. Their 1, 2 and 3 day shipping is taking a few more days than they say it will. 

Oh no ๐Ÿ˜ž I'm expecting something via FedEx SmartPost

Anonymous Insider

God Speed ๐Ÿ™‚

That's insane!

I signed up for paperless statements from Nordstrom, and to reward me for my eco-friendly choice, they sent me a $5 Nordstrom Note ... on paper. Le sigh.

haha silly! I know a lot of companies are pushing for being eco-friendly but yet if you cancel statements and such they still send out their marketing -_-

Anonymous Insider

๐Ÿ˜„ the irony lawl

A little peeve...cactus legs! ๐Ÿ˜„

I am currently recovering from a procedure; and cannot shave my legs because of pain and mobility issues. I really hate having to sport the dreaded stubble, especially in the summer! 

Aw,  feel ya!  I just had my first good shave in months a couple days ago.  I'd been shaving but not very nicely. I can't stop rubbing my legs together. ๐Ÿ˜„

Hope you are ok!  I totally get that... I caved years ago and got laser treatments. Best thing I ever invested in considering I'd shave and not even 24 hours later it wasn't smooth no more.

@veronika23 Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜Š I will be down for about a week. I have always been interested in the laser treatment....especially right at this moment lol!

@angel7594 hope the week goes by fast for you so you can get to shaving those legs ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜‰

If you ever look into it remember that not all machines are made the same and that you would be better off going to a derm or a highly skilled place instead of a beauty spa.  I know plenty of people that it barely worked for them... Also saw horror stories of people being burned ๐Ÿ˜• I'm happy that years later it's still good.  I mean I have those baby blond hairs here and there but that's pretty much it.

@veronika23,

I hope it goes fast too! ๐Ÿ˜„

Thanks for the advice about laser treatment. I would definitely go through my dermatologist, that is frightening about people getting burned! ๐Ÿ˜ž

testing