Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:
Anonymous Insider

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

This is so true about selfies.  

I was playing with gold and purple eyeshadow yesterday.  Looked at myself in the mirror and thought I looked like a clown. No way was I gonna go out with that look.

Took some selfies to remind me not to do the makeup that way.  I photographed gorgeously!  LMAO

Ya I totally agree. At a certain point, I truly couldn't tell whether I was making myself look more tired or not, and selfies, webcam selfies, none of that was really helping. I'd look at myself in home light, outdoor light, different lighting situations.

Eventually, my fave technique was.. if I accidentally caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror, what was my first impression? Did I look tired? Did I feel compelled to pat my ring finger under my eyes one more time? Y'know?

When you came across an ad on Kij for someone selling her samples and stating its "worth over $140". Not is not. If you want to sell them, sure but don't put a value on it since you likely got it for free as samples are usually 'not for sale'. 

That's pretty scummy, IMO. If you get samples for free, you can maybe sell them for the cost of shipping plus an extra dollar or two. Honestly, I find sample packets really annoying so just want someone to take them off my hands- no payment required!

So I've been having a  month since my july 10 birthday, dealing with severe depression and extreme anxiety, and recently something even worse. But on August 1st i started taking some leftover medication and then today i was able to get more medication from a clinic recommended to me by my social worker while i'm on the wait list, so at least that's good. they upped my  medication as well, I don't mind, I hope everything bodes well.

the thing is... i went grocery shopping for some veggies for my mom and i bumped into a cousin twice removed with her daughters. NOW. I know kids will say the darndest things but it just soured my mood. "Are you pregnant?" 

Cool.

Sorry! I hope you feel better. Kids are silly and say anything honestly! Don't let it get to you- I know it's easier said than done ❤️ Take care of yourself- eat well and sleep well. Good vibes your way girllll!!!! 

Kids are so darling, sometimes, said through clenched teeth 🙂 I'm so sorry you're having a tough time and I wouldn't wish depression or anxiety on anyone- glad you're able to reach out for some answers. It can be a rough road, but they're out there! Sending positive vibes your way!

I hope you feel better soon, don't let an ill mannered child upset you.  Hugs to you and Luna!

Aww hope you feel ok!

Her mother should have taught some good things to her kids. Thanks goodness my mom always taught me to never ask this question as its 'bad habit'.

Awww hang in there, doll!  Hugs!

thank you, at least something great happened, the doctor i saw, even though it was through med tv, he really listenend to me, i gave him all my info about my past, present, how i felt, how i thought i was feeling and why i left my medication and doctor. and he wants to see me in a week, and i'm glad, because that way he can monitor how i'm doing with the increased dosage. and hopefully i feel loads better.

I just had my lexapro upped about two months ago and I feel SO much better.  I hope yours ends up working the same way for you hon.

Good luck!  

I'm experiencing major BT problems. The site will not open on Chrome at all. I keep getting an error message. So I am forced to use Safari 😕

Anyone else experiencing this?

Anonymous Insider

Yup 😞 I don't know what's going on with my Chrome. However, I found a workaround - if you open up an incognito browser in Chrome, it works for me. Only downside is you have to log in every time you open the window, but if you leave the window open, you'll remain logged in. 

I've tried clearing cookies and everything. I think I'll just have to reinstall chrome to make it go away but don't want to bother at the moment haha

@Anonymous Thanks for your tip! I appreciate it. I really hate Safari so this helps a lot lol. 

Anonymous Insider

@m26430 I opened up a BT link through a google search through non-incognito mode, and it must've triggered something because now BT works fine on Chrome for me  🙂

Oh ColourPop, my heart is broken.  These are three of the four new highlighters; I ordered all four, one is still alive.

IMG_20160823_190930.jpg

Yikes, that is pretty bad! I do wonder how this happened considered their formulas are so soft and pressed in there tightly. I hope CP resolves this for you!

Although I'm sorry to see this, when I saw the thumbnail of this photo, I thought those were all ice creams!

LOL me too!

10 Replies
testing