Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

That happened to me last week. Prior to that, I had orders with 1 or 2, but I'd never had them all missing. I was pissed, because I ordered the Dior primer the morning it launched. It had to be in stock. Does your order form just say general samples three times instead of the samples you ordered? I am convinced the packers were just like, it does not say what she wants, so she gets nothing!

I've had Ulta and Beauty online forget my samples before, but never Sephora. Bloomingdale's always seems to adds extra samples. 

@notcreative I took a look at my packing slip and it does say specifically which samples I chose! I picked the Dior primer too in both my orders, so I only got one instead.

A friendly mod gave me 50 points for my missing samples, so that was very nice 🙂

I placed a second order for the Dior primer, and it arrived yesterday. I was happy I got one, too. 

It is listed in my account.

Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 10.34.12 AM.png

But not on my packing list.

Sephora sale 081716.jpg

o.O but then how do they know which one you chose!? mind is boggled lol

How annoying!! Lately I've been forgetting to add my samples on here and the bay =( -SIGH-

I placed an order this evening and almost forgot to add samples.  The location for selecting the samples is not in an intuitive spot.  It should be under the list of items you ordered or under (or above) the promo code.

Agreed on this! I'm not feeling the current website design, I still haven't gotten used to it...the buttons for the samples/point perks/promos just seem like they're in awkward spots. They don't make sense to me.

First off- thanks veronika23 for starting a new thread, let the fun begin anew!

Today's beauty pet peeve is UPS related. Why do boxes shipped UPS have that disgusting black dirt on the outside of them?  Do they roll the boxes in something unspeakable?  I hate the thought that my pretties were in a box treated so shabbily. Boxes sent FedEx or USPS all come clean and tidy.

Anonymous Insider

THIS and then I freak the eff out when my parents/roommates/SO leaves the packages on my bed, just because of that disgusting black dust/dirt. 

You are welcome @prettyinpa 🙂

Oh don't get me started on UPS and FedEx 😄  I hate both companies for different reasons lol

This is the one that annoys me:  😄

My OnTrac delivery person does not even knock. I have to keep checking the tracking link or look out the window. Forgot recently and discovered my package at 9:30. It was delivered at 3:27. It seriously sat on my porch in Vegas 100+ temperatures for 6 hours even though I WAS HOME. I placed an order yesterday and meant to switch to USPS shipping. Forgot. Of course, On Trac was selected over UPS, so I get to stalk the tracking link tomorrow.

I really wish UPS was an option on the west coast still. The Ontrac person throws packages at my door; and will not even knock, either. The last time this happened, it was after 8:00 at night. I became quite irritated with their sketchy ways. I only learned recently that we could choose USPS, so now I select that option. 🙂

I placed four recent online orders. UPS delivered one of them. 

I wonder how they decide which orders to send UPS vs. Ontrac.

I'm not sure. There is an option to somewhat select your carrier, but I do not know how they choose when you pick free Flash shipping.

YES!  OnTrac is the worst!

Agreed!! Just recently I had ordered the Marc Jacobs holiday palette and it was suppose to be delivered that day, well 9 pm rolls around...10...11, finally I hear a knock at the day and hurry to the door to find a girl sprinting to a mustang and hurrying off! So sketchy! Like hello, that palette is so expensive    and it wasn't even ontrac who delievered it! Im just so thankful that my package even made it to my house and that it didn't get stolen! I dread odering  from Sephora because I never know if I'm going to get ontrac or ups because it varies! Ugh! 

Yayy new thread! Ok what else bothers me.. I feel like complaining today so I will, lol!

My biggest pet peeve is when people leave negative or 1 star reviews because "the color doesn't work for my skintone" umm okay?! That doesn't mean that the product is bad, don't bring the reviews down because you purchased the wrong thing.

hahaha so true @sabrinas or reviews of products they never even bought... like how do these get approved???

Yes! The ones that bewilder me the most say something like:

"omg......yaaaaaasss so excited" 

Uhh okay, that was helpful... 😄

7 Replies
testing