officegal

Beauty Disasters

The other day I worked extra slowly on my makeup to achieve flawless complexion, radiance and illumination. I had already finished my eye makeup when, in a moment of feeling clever, I thought it would be fun to try using Benefit High Brow on my lower waterline to make my eyes look more alert.

BAD IDEA!

Instantly my eyes turned super red and teared. I ended up having to remove everything on the lower part of the eyes and re-conceal the under eye area.

Have you tried to be extra clever with your makeup, only to end up with a disaster instead? Confess!

sofiagreeneyes

Re: Beauty Disasters

(0) Hearts

The summer before eighth grade I realized that I could reduce the size of pimples by drying them out with a dab of liquid sensitive-skin hand soap on pimple-spots before going to bed. A few days before the first day of school my friend slept over and we decided to sleep on air matresses on the bottom floor of my house.  Before bed I was too lazy to go get the sensitive-skin hand soap from the upstairs bathroom and thought I would just use the soap that was downstairs.  That morning I woke to find excema all over my chin and above my lip where the two pimples I was treating had been.  That was the first time I got excema and now I have been prone to it ever since, PLUS it didn't go away until a week after school started.

Now I use Clinique to get rid of pimples, and I have never let hand soap near anywhere other than my hands since!

adorablevillain

(0) Hearts

Mine happened I am sorry to say very recently so I can even blame being young & stupid...

I have been having some acne lately and I read online about using this sulfur mask I have as a spot treatment overnight and figured I'd give it a try.  WELL I also have rosacea and apparently the combination is a BAD CHOICE - when I rinsed it off in the morning I had BRIGHT red circles under where the "spot treatment" had been.  Worst part is I had to go to work that way and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it! Arghhhh!

makeupbytaryn15

(0) Hearts

Well, this was like a month ago, but when I was putting on my BareMinerals LOOSE eyeshadow, in cupcake<3 I accidently dropped like half of it onto my carpet!! </3 and I was like OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG and I started freaking out! Hahah it took me about a good half hour to clean it out of my carpet WITHOUT letting anyone find out <3

chewcifer

(0) Hearts

yes, i thought i would try a serious smokey eye. i was going out to meet a friend from grade school who i just found on face book and we hadn't seen each other in 25 years. when i was doing my makeup, i thought i would do the foiled eye, i had just bought that kit from bare escentuals. well, that looked terrible so i thought i would do an all black smokey eye. that made me look like an angry raccoon so i finally wiped my face clean and started all over!

retroglam

There was one with my hair,I was about to go out & it was really sunny outside. So,I thought I should try this new hair cream (BIG MISTAKE)By the time I reached my destination,my hair turned from good to GREASY!! I actually had to go & wash my hair at my cousin's house. Also,a couple weeks ago, I was used to use a certain facial wash then the next day I woke my hole face was covered with pimples. And my daily disaster is about applying my black eye pencil & ending up with a raccoon/bruised eye look. 

saintniky

(0) Hearts

I have really oily skin, especially in the summer. One day I got this almay foundation, without knowing that it was oil based, I went to my friends house and she was like WOW! Your tan is so nice.. I was thinking, what is she talking about I haven't been in the sun. I went to the bathroom and noticed that the foundation was not only darker than my skin tone but my face was bright like a Christmas star.I then realized that when I bought the foundation the lighting wasn't good and when I applied it the light was horrible, instead of in the bathroom. I applied it in my room light which was very dim. So I grabbed a bunch of tissue and started to pat my face,I got frustrated to I just wiped it all off. I never used almay again. I was so embarrassed cause her house was pretty crowded and I felt like I had a lot of eyes on me. SMH! lollz

gabbagabba

[ Edited ]

One time me and my really good friend were hanging out at this outdoor mall.  We were acting really crazy, trying on super high heels and stuff like that. We got kinda bored so we decided to go into the sephora on the other side of the mall. We went in and immediately started putting on sparkly eyeliners, eyeshadows and tons of blush. We looked RIDICULOUS but still walked around the mall, giggling at the people staring at us.  We were having a lot of fun until we ran into both of our friend's mom, who was really strict and uptight. It was super awkward because she gave us a wierd look and asked us if our mom's knew we loooked that that.:smileyvery-happy:  It was super embarrassing but we laughed looking back on it later. :smileyhappy:

lacqueredup

(0) Hearts

@jmotaku I've had that problem ... when I thought it was just me~ so I was told by a friend to use Vaseline/Smith's salve  if ever that happens again now I know what to do!

silversm

(0) Hearts

I remember in high school when I started wearing makeup, I wore a dark brown/ almost black lipliner with a really bright yellow gold colored lipstick.  And to make it worse, I globbed on clear lipgloss to make it shiny.  It looked like I was drooling I had on so much gloss.  I will never forget those days.  I also used to apply eyeshadow from my lash line to my brows.  Normally that's not bad, but they were really bright colors and it wasn't blended.  It was just solid color.  I also had practically no brows at all and I would draw them on with eye liner.  Looking back now, it was really scary.  Thank goodness I have finally learned about makeup and making it flatter you instead of make you look like a clown.

xexilia

My big mistakes were hair related; One I never saw coming, the second, I had a pretty good idea was a bad decision.

Firstly, the first time I dyed my hair, I chose a turquoise blue by Manic Panic (My first mistake.)  I was 13, so my parents felt I needed their approval to dye my hair, so I just went ahead and dyed it away, by myself, in the bathroom, in the shower itself, so I wouldn't make a huge mess (The #1 "Why You Can't" reason.)  This, of course, was my second mistake.

My third mistake was applying the dye over unbleached, medium brown to dark brown hair; The dye may have been turquorise if I had bleached or white hair, but I didn't, and I didn't know that, so I dyed it regardless, in the shower, with the water running.  The fourth mistake.

For the record; Manic Panic is, hands down, the worst dye I've ever used.  Special Effects is far, far superior if you're choosing odd colors, but it's a little hard to find (Hey Sephora; Carry it or make it!)  Also; Turqoise would still turn out green on bleached-blond hair, since blue OVER yellow will become. . .green!

And that's exactly what happened; I had splotchy, green hair.  My saving grace was the fact I used Manic Panic, which even on dyed hair only lasts about five days (Washing or no, oddly.)

The second mistake?  I shaved my head a few years later, for no real reason other than the idea of it scared me sh!tless.  I knew it was a bad idea, I was 99% positive I'd look bad, and I was right, but it was sorta-still-worth-it for the experience and ability to honestly say I did; Also, you totally lose all fear of hair disasters, because you know you can just shave it all off!

naturalbeauty21

(0) Hearts

this happened to me yesterday. i was picking out a new cream foundation and i could't find one my shade. the closest one was supposed to be one shade darker than my skin but when i got home i realized it was almost 3 shades darker! i didn't have any other makeup to wear because i had ran out. well, my skin wasn't looking its best so i decided to just wear it and hope people would think that i got a tan....worst idea ever. not only did i look fake and cakey but it was running down my face even though i had used primer, powder, and setting spray to keep it on. i wil be returning it and get a refill on my other foundation. luckily only a few people ever saw the disaster.

nanobear18

(0) Hearts

ok so b4 my jh started(it is going good so far) my bff cupcakeluv and i had a sleepover.and we went to sephora in morning.i got posietint,the urban ballerina mini collection and tokidokis glitterati liner in marrone. i went to go check out but my mom ran up with my to a mirror and started wiping her hand all over my face cuz i messed up my mascara!so embarressing! and then we went home and cupcakeluv put posietint on my cheeks and she did one big streak on my cheek!!i didn't know u have blend posietint on ur cheeks as soon as u put it on so i went around for awhile with a bright pink streak on my cheek!!!:smileyvery-happy:

clairebear1997

(0) Hearts

I used to always wear eyeshadow that matched my clothes. Then, I heard that you weren't supposed to do that, but 
I still did and one day I had put my makeup on but changed my outfit from the first time, and went to school with a brown shirt and jeans with teal eyeshadow on! Everyone told me I looked like a clown!!! 

beautygeek97

OMG... one time when I was in 5th grade I decided that I would wear makeup to "impress" this guy that I liked. So I went to the Fred Meyer and got all this makeup stuff and wore it to school the next day. Lets just say that I looked lke a clown...

LOL I loved this question!

<3 beautygeek97

illyluvz

It was school picture day and my parents werent home so i had a cousin watching me. I was looking pal so i thought "why not just cover your face in bronzer?" YAH BAD IDEA i went into school and everyone was asking how i got so tan...i thought this was all  a huge complement...Boy was i wrong.. everyone was just trying to tell me in a nice way what a fool i looked like!! When i got the picture afew weeks later my face looked so fake , and caked on. The best part it is..it was my year book picture!!

nanadill

I came up with a really "smart" idea. It was summer in my city and the Chicago sun was just starting to change my skin tone. I was too lazy to wear my usual summer foundation because its very thick and not good for hot weather. I really didn't want to put that foundation on my oily skin and I was too lazy to make a trip to Sephora to repurchase my makeup forever mat velvet foundation. So I came up with the great idea to try and make my MAC prolongwear foundation (in NC50, mind you) work on my (NC55 or makeup forever mat velvet #75) darker skin. Epic fail. I looked like the neo ghost woman of the graveyard. What's worst, I didn't know it was so bad until I took a picture with a friend and saw my face. After 5 or 6 hours of walking in public that way. Horrid.

naturalbeauty21

i recently had a beauty disaster i was trying out a new eyeliner i got from the drugstore just to see if it had an easier application then the one i already had. i was finishing up my left eye when i got distracted because my cats were fighting, anyway i forgot to do my other eye because of it and later when out to the store. at the register the lady said something to me about it. when i got home i looked in the mirror one eye had kindof thick liner and a wing and the other had nothing it looked like one eye was bigger than the other. it was embarrasing but funny.

msranda

I would have to say my beauty disaster happened early on as a teen when I just started wearing make up.  I had no idea how to apply it and actually didn't have any of my own so I would raid my mother's kit.  Well, she and I are not exactly the same complexion nor do we have the same skin type.  We were going to a relative's birthday party and I decided I wanted to be mature looking and made up, so right before leaving, I put on all this dramatic make up.  I thought I looked sooooo good.  Weeks later when the pictures came back, I could see what everyone else saw:  the foundation was two shades too dark and you could see where I didn't apply it around my eyes and mouth..  I looked like I was wearing a mud mask.  The black eyeliner had ran all the way around my eyes so I had humongous dark circles, the lipstick was a ghastly shade of burnt red and my entire face was so shiny you could almost see the flash of the camera reflecting off my forehead.  I cringe everytime I see that picture.  It has taken me years of trial and error to figure out what worked best for me, and that picture serves as a reminder to never share make up with anyone :smileyhappy:

tenngal

I just read through this thread and am honestly LOL!  I have had so many beauty disasters over the years!  I'll try to make a list and write about some of them.  I'll go ahead and quickly tell you about one that just happened to me the other day in public.  I was wearing my new spiral-curled, long, ponytail hair extensions and I was in a really big hurry to leave the house and obviously hadn't secured it well enough because I leaned over at the mall to pick something up and off flew my 28" spiral-curled ponytail across the floor!!!  I was very embarrassed as I went over and picked up my hair and stuck it back on my head trying to act like losing your ponytail is no big deal and happens all the time to everybody, LOL! 

:smileyhappy:

haylolo

(0) Hearts

It was the night before school pictures and I decided I looked ghostly pale, so I snuck into my moms room and snatched her self tanner. I was young, foolish, and thought I could just play it by ear, not bothering to even look at the instructions. I woke up the next morning suprised to see that my white pillowcase was covered in orange streaks. Though when I went to look in the mirror I was even more suprised to see an Oompa Loompa staring back at me, and when my mom got a look at me....well she decided just to skip picture day and get my pictures done on the makeup date--it was that bad.

Haylolo

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 62 replies
  • 170 hearts
  • 50 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • chewcifer
    • eastakrongirl
    • katie1724
    • Jillie