Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Blunders and cute/funny beauty stories...

I thought that it would be fun to start a thread where we can share funny, cute, heartwarming or slightly embarrassing beauty stories.   

I have two to kick off the thread.  The first one, Is a cute story.  My oldest girls are 4 & 6, yesterday it was pretty cold here, so they decided to play "beach".  As I was cleaning from dinner and taking care of my one year old I could hear tidbits of their role play.  What caught my attention is my oldest said, "After the beach, do you want to go to the makeup store?"  My four year old quickly responded with, "Sephora!  Let's go to Sephora after the beach so we can get new makeup!"  I thought that it was cute and I didn't think that I took them to Sephora that much (I try to go by myself so I can actually look instead of having to tell them to stop swatching).

My second story is funny, but if you ask my husband he wouldn't agree.  He was giving them a bath tonight and told them that they could use a bath bomb from Lush.  Normally, I do that bath bombs, but I had to fill out some papers for their school, so he decided to.  When I was finished with the paperwork, I went into the bathroom.  When I walked in the tub was filled to the brim with bubbles and there were bubbles on the tile wall and some overflowing onto the floor.  I asked my husband if they decided on a bubble wand instead because it looks like they went overboard.  His response, "No, that was a bath bomb.  You know the cone shaped one."   It was a bubble bar he threw in the tub and instead of breaking a piece off he threw the entire bar into the tub, not realizing that bubble bars don't just come on sticks.  He told me that he won't be doing any more baths with any type of bubble bars or bath bombs because there are too many products to try to keep straight. Lol!

Re: Beauty Blunders and cute/funny beauty stories...

Oh my God I can't imagine that! Shaving is bad enough with just shaving cream 🙈

Speaking of shaving. When I first tried shaving I had no idea how you were supposed to clean the razor. Guess who had cool little slashes on her thumb?

I did the exact same thing!

I make my own lip balms and also solid perfumes, but I put both into chap stick type tubes. Anyway, one day I wasn't paying attention, and started slathering on the lip balm, only to realize that it was actually my coconut lemongrass perfume!  It tasted beyond awful and made my lips burn for a long time after.  Now I use a different colour tube for the perfumes. 😝

Ooh...these are commercial products, but for a while, I was using an acne spot treatment and a lip balm that came in similar squeeze tubes.  One night, it was late, I wasn't wearing my glasses, but my lips were chapped and tight.  I slathered what I thought was the lip balm on them, but I was wrong!  My lips were screwed up for a solid week.

Ah the things we do while half asleep 😂

Sorry the mix-up happened - sounds terrible!

But all that sticks out in my mind is how amazing the coconut lemongrass perfume must smell!

@BaseballMommy @alexasteph I used a solid melt & pour lip balm base, and added coconut fragrance oil and lemongrass EO, along with some vanilla flavour oil (because I didn't have vanilla in fragrance). It does smell nice, and a very easy DIY. 

That coconut lemongrass perfume sounds like it smells amazing though. 

This reminds me of a mistake I made while brushing my teeth half asleep. I used my dad's shaving cream instead of toothpaste and didn't even realise it until I came out of the bathroom and my mom asked me how I brushed my teeth since we were out of toothpaste 😂 

@ZSahar, oh no! I've almost used my face wash for toothpaste so I can definitely relate.

XOXO,
Marieke

Jumping on the brushing teeth train - I used regular toothpaste but I got my tooth brushes mixed up and brushed my teeth with my jewelry cleaning toothbrush! I was halfway through before I realized it. Yuck, yuck! I'm telling myself it's ok because the cleaner is a mild one, but still...

@ZSahar More times than I'd like to admit, I've confused my FAB cleanser for my toothpaste. YUCK!!!

I can see how the fab packaging can be easily mistaken for toothpaste lol that must be disgusting!

What's embarrassing is how many times I've done it! I use the Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief, and it has a sturdy stand-up tube, just like the FAB. They're not even the same size, but when I'm tired... 😝

35 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • wing.jpg
testing