Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Blunders and cute/funny beauty stories...

I thought that it would be fun to start a thread where we can share funny, cute, heartwarming or slightly embarrassing beauty stories.   

I have two to kick off the thread.  The first one, Is a cute story.  My oldest girls are 4 & 6, yesterday it was pretty cold here, so they decided to play "beach".  As I was cleaning from dinner and taking care of my one year old I could hear tidbits of their role play.  What caught my attention is my oldest said, "After the beach, do you want to go to the makeup store?"  My four year old quickly responded with, "Sephora!  Let's go to Sephora after the beach so we can get new makeup!"  I thought that it was cute and I didn't think that I took them to Sephora that much (I try to go by myself so I can actually look instead of having to tell them to stop swatching).

My second story is funny, but if you ask my husband he wouldn't agree.  He was giving them a bath tonight and told them that they could use a bath bomb from Lush.  Normally, I do that bath bombs, but I had to fill out some papers for their school, so he decided to.  When I was finished with the paperwork, I went into the bathroom.  When I walked in the tub was filled to the brim with bubbles and there were bubbles on the tile wall and some overflowing onto the floor.  I asked my husband if they decided on a bubble wand instead because it looks like they went overboard.  His response, "No, that was a bath bomb.  You know the cone shaped one."   It was a bubble bar he threw in the tub and instead of breaking a piece off he threw the entire bar into the tub, not realizing that bubble bars don't just come on sticks.  He told me that he won't be doing any more baths with any type of bubble bars or bath bombs because there are too many products to try to keep straight. Lol!

Re: Beauty Blunders and cute/funny beauty stories...

Cute but also shameful (at first) story about my two youngest, ages 2 and 4. They see me open up boxes and run over with their arms out for swatches of the eyeshadow......yeah, I love makeup.

@sonnydee that's adorable! I wish I had some nieces or nephews close by so I could have them help me too. 😉 

XOXO,
Marieke

Thanks,@MariekeBT, I was shocked that they picked up on it. But it also bite me in my behind because my 4 year old ruined the chocolate bar by swatching it with a pen. Just glad it was from the perm line.

That is adorable!   I can just imagine tiny arms full of swatches - lol! 🙂  @sonnydee

Thanks @Tamara76. The things we teach our children ha!

I was so tired a few weeks ago that instead of setting my makeup with setting spray I sprayed myself in the face with dry shampoo...

White eyelashes...

Once while finishing up applying my makeup I was interrupted by the phone ringing.  I went to answer it and then apparently forget that I hadn't been quite done before leaving the house.  I stopped at the grocery store before work and upon getting back in my car checked my hair and makeup in my visor mirror before leaving. Much to my horror I realized that I had primed my lashes but had not applied mascara.  White lashes are not a good look for me.

At least I noticed before I got to work I guess?

me every time i try to do winged liner:

wing.jpg

@unfungirl, one reason I'm glad I wear glasses so you can't see when I mess up too much. 😉 

XOXO,
Marieke

hehe i need to try that @MariekeBT 🙂

I have the same problem... 😞 The struggle is soooooo real!  @unfungirl

My beauty blunders usually happen when I have to get up early and do my makeup while still half asleep. I'll completely forget the order I'm supposed to be doing things. Like putting on foundation, powder, bronzer, etc. only to realize I totally forgot concealer, or gelling my eyebrows before filling them in (once I tried to set them with mascara instead of brow gel). XD Don't let me touch makeup until I've had a cup of coffee.

Mine actually involves Lush like you, OP! I have light blond hair thanks to my stylist and went into a Lush looking for a hair mask. The SA gave me one and off I went. I used it 1x/week and noticed my hair took on a pretty ugly orange-brass tone. I had been having a text convo a few weeks later with a friend of mine I hadn't spoken to in a while who just so happened to work at a Lush in the state she lived in. Her reply was "Oh no, that SA should've NEVER sold you that mask if you're chemically treated blond." The mask had red henna dye in it which was slowly giving my hair the orange-brass tone. 

Me, being "smart" figured I could "tone out" the brass by using Daddy-O shampoo that I had on hand. I came out of the shower with PINK hair. (As seen in my avi). I ended up rocking it for a few months, but now over a year later so I didn't damage my hair with so many salon visits, I'm finally back to my original blond color.

That's a mistake that definitely didn't turn out too badly - your hair looks gorgeous in that picture @Melstl!

I also have a kind of embarrassing story. One morning, getting ready for work I was applying mascara but noticed that my eyelashes were not getting any darker. When I looked at the tube, I realized I had applied eyebrow gel to my eyelashes! Luckily it was clear and not a thick product. I am happy to say my eyelashes remain in tact and no damage was done! Always read the label before applying! 🙂 

Best Wishes,

Janean

This is a bit embarrassing, but I had a perfume rollerball and an acne spot treatment that was also in a rollerball that looked similar. I was pretty tired before going to bed and guess which one I grabbed for the spot treatment. Let's just say it was not as effective. (^◇^;)

XOXO,
Marieke

Cute thread idea @Nikkihas3girls!   I love your stories, too!  💗

Thank you so much for the kind words @Tamara76!  I really appreciate them!

This isn't exactly a beauty story but here goes. My mom is very basic when it comes to beauty products (all she usually puts on is lipstick). One day she was looking for a hand lotion and found this tub of mine and put it on her hands. The next day she asked me what was wrong with the lotion because she had little pieces on her hands and they were itchy. Turns out she used a body scrub on her hands without reading the label lol I know it should have been obvious from the texture but like I said she doesn't use much 😂

Ouch, I can imagine how her hands felt.  When I was younger and I first started shaving, I thought it would be a good idea to use salt scrub instead of shaving cream because it smelled so good.  It felt like someone was taking matches to my legs, I don't recommend it....

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • wing.jpg
testing