itsjaimiehere

Backups: Tell me I'm not alone :/

Do any of you ladies have several backups of the same item? For example, I have 5 back-up Beauty Blenders... I know that they aren't limited edition, and probably won't be going anywhere EVER, but I just don't want to be caught without one!

The Hubby thinks I have a problem because I "collect pink sponges," but help me feel less crazy by sharing what you stockpile :smileyhappy: Please? lol

SirenPrincess

Re: Backups: Tell me I'm not alone :/

You should see if someone will trade you minis on the trade thread.

AllyKatVA

(0) Hearts

When I started couponing, I went a little overboard with a few things because they were free or close to free. I also worked for a beauty company for a little over 2 years. As a result:

-My dad has enough body wash for the next couple years. I am being literal.

-I have enough Secret Clinical Strength deodorant to last me for a year and a half, possibly longer. In my defense, I thought I could give some to my sisters, who informed me (AFTER I bought the tubes) that they do not use that particular brand/type. :smileytongue:

-Shampoo/conditioner: Again, probably enough for a couple years. I now have a rule for myself that I cannot buy hair products unless they are free, or I have used up a bottle.

-Body wash: enough for several months to a year, that seems to go more quickly.

-Lotion: enough for several months*, now subject to the hair product rule. I used to hear constant complaints about how there was not enough lotion in the house, now no one seem to use it. Go figure.

*Family stash. My personal stash will cover me for the same time period or longer.

-Face wash: Two years plus supply, just of my stuff. Enough that I am selling my extra Black Friday Purity cleanser to my sister.

-Moisturizer: I have three different bottles in my dorm room right now. I have at least one more (also different!) at home, plus travel sizes. This does not include the three bottles of serum (plus 3 or more travel sizes) I own.

Perfume: I do not actually know how many bottles I have. I am not allowed to buy any for an undetermined period of time. Only one bottle was a (semi) recent purchase, the others are from years back, inherited from my chic grandmother, or gotten through work. I may never need to buy perfume again, especially since I now also have all these samples from Sephora.

Hand Cream: I have at least 20 tubes of various sizes, types, and scents; most from a particular brand (that used to employ me). At least 3 are unopened 150 mL tubes. I have 5 (different) tubes here in my dorm. I did not purchase most of these.

Put it this way: One of my New Year's resolutions was to actually use up at least two products from each category listed. The only beauty products I am allowed to buy no questions asked are primer, concealer, and 2-3 of the products Dr. Gross recommended on Wednesday. Most everything else, I am supposed to use something up first.

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

Reading this, i cant help but think of that show Extreme Couponing on TLC. Everyone had huge shopping trips of like $1000 and got it all for free, it's insane

AllyKatVA

I am not quite that good (or crazy), but I do get some good deals. I have worked so much retail that I have a hard time paying full price for anything that I used to get at a discount. Clothes for less than 50 percent off? Skincare or body care for less than 40 percent off? The pain!

I do not mind spending more for quality products or paying a fair price, but the first several months after leaving a job, it is hard to ignore the little voice reminding you that with your discount at Store X, Product Y would only cost Z.

myxducky

(0) Hearts

I usually pick up backups for foundation when I am getting close to finishing them up because I'm paranoid I'll run out one morning or after I've done have my face or something ridiculous like that. haha. I also stock up if I know something I really like is going to be discontinued. 

itsjaimiehere

(0) Hearts

You girls are seriously the best :smileyhappy: 

spoiledbrat

Jaime I think you have more company in this department than you know. In time I think we all learn to have back ups. One drawer of my fridge in devoted to backups in vacuum sealed bags; Dior lip pencil, now the shade is d/c along with other LE and d/c items. A drawer of back up perfume. Back ups are a good thing! :smileyhappy:

enbeige

I'm glad to know I'm not alone here in buying multiples! It's just really practical, that's all :smileyhappy:

1) Lavanila grapefruit rollerballs, spray, body butter and deodorant. Because I never want to run out, and I get really stressed when they are out of stock on Sephora.

2) Josie Maran nail wipes, yes they take more patience than my old drugstore polish remover, but these smell nice (I like to be considerate of my guy), they are travel friendly, and moisturize my cuticles. One wipe does it all, amazing!

3) Boscia blotting linens, handy for hot humid summers, one for my work desk, one for my purse, one for my vanity, one for my car.....

crystlgoldn

Doesn't every girl/beauty obsessed person hoard things? I know I for sure do too so you are definitely not alone!

I have two sets of backup shampoo and conditioner, Moroccan oil and Nume.

Four back up Beauty Blenders.. Ahh!! I am afraid I will end up without one someday and no backups left so whenever I can, I buy one. 

Two back ups of my favorite mascara cause what if they are out of stock when I need it again? That would be TERRIBLE.

Also, a couple lipsticks that I new were going to be limited edition or out of stock really soon, I bought two or three of them. Oopsies :smileyhappy:

shortstuff07

Shampoo and conditioner, I only buy during the Ulta liter sale so I keep enough to last until the next.

Deodorant.  For the last couple springs, Target has had the clinical strength deodorant in a full size/travel size set, and it always ends up on clearance for less than the price of the full size alone.  I try to buy a year's supply then, so I can save a little money.  

Limited edition/discontinued polishes.  Some of them are holy grail, so I keep an extra bottle sealed in a safe location.  

Butter London Powder Room polish remover.  This is the only remover that doesn't fry my nails, so every time I order from a certain website, I throw a couple bottles in to add to the stock pile.  

Skincare.  If there's a sale or promo, you best bet your buns I'm ordering if I'm halfway through.  

I'm considering ordering a back up of a few limited edition lippys that I'm really loving, I think if kept well wrapped in the fridge, they might last forever.

I did go through and purge some of my stash, they were products I ended up not loving after a while and I won't use up before they go bad, so it's a good thing.  

AllyKatVA

(0) Hearts

"sealed in a safe place"

I love that!

VTK084

Shampoo and conditioner.  

2 sets of Wayne Goss brushes (including 2 holiday brushes).

Vamp nail polish by Chanel (3)

IAmLadyLiterary

I have 2 backup beauty blenders because I got them on sale and I know I will always use them at one point or another.  And when you can get 2 for $34 CAN its cheaper than $26 a bb regularly.

See now my hoarding problem is Body Shop Shower Gels.  When they discontinued Sweet Lemon :'( I bought 4 because I love it so much.  When Vineyard Peach came out I bought 3 because again I love it!  And whenever they are on sale I just stock up, same with body butters, scrubs, basically anything body shop.

SirenPrincess

I keep at least a couple of back-ups of my Aveda shampoo, conditioner, and styling spray, my Jan Marini skincare items, and my D&G foundation. Those are the things I feel I couldn't live without. I do get back-ups of lipsticks just for convenience, but most other stuff I don't stock up on.

Titian06

Wow!  The only back ups I have is my foundation in case it's discontinued (1 extra).  I keep extra toothpaste (1 tube), toothbrushes (about 10), and dental floss (2 containers), but that's about it--oh, 1 extra antipersperant.  I guess with all the work I've had done to my mouth and teeth over the years, I'm more concerned about keeping up my dental hygiene than my cosmetic appearance!  =:-o

bfuller

(0) Hearts

Uhm... I keep those little Pocket-Bac antibacterial hand gels everywhere so that no matter where I am (house, car, work, etc.) I'm able to replace any at a moment's notice.

itsjaimiehere

I forgot abou those... That is the other thing that I have quite the collection of :smileyhappy:

itsjaimiehere

image.jpg

That is kind of embarassing :smileyhappy: lol!

bfuller

I love it!!!  I love how organized and contained they all are!!!  (And no, it's not embarassing!  I probably have at least that many, they're just not in one spot.)

yazmin

(0) Hearts

Yup... I have one in each bag I own, and that includes makeup bags, as well as home I have around the house incase I need to sanitize.

glossyguru

Only certain items i keep backups for, and they have to be things that I go through quickly, like my Benefit Lemon Aid (just hit pan AGAIN) and my Clump Crusher

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 110 replies
  • 164 hearts
  • 59 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • killahbabe