itsjaimiehere

Backups: Tell me I'm not alone :/

Do any of you ladies have several backups of the same item? For example, I have 5 back-up Beauty Blenders... I know that they aren't limited edition, and probably won't be going anywhere EVER, but I just don't want to be caught without one!

The Hubby thinks I have a problem because I "collect pink sponges," but help me feel less crazy by sharing what you stockpile :smileyhappy: Please? lol

1SultrySCENTNut

Re: Backups: Tell me I'm not alone :/

(0) Hearts

yes, my favorite 4 eyeliners hae a back up set, all my tattoo goo products have at least 4 back ups and my shampoo and conditioners I usually have 2 shampoos and 3 conditioners..I almost forgot my deodorant, always have to have 2 on hand at all times... WEIRD items, huh..... I dont count my over 1000 bottles of perfumes, because I only have one of each, and Im kicking myself because Im clinging to a bottle of TOO TOO PRETTY, with 1/8th left, like it was the last bottle of water on earth!

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

yes, my favorite 4 eyeliners hae a back up set, all my tattoo goo products have at least 4 back ups and my shampoo and conditioners I usually have 2 shampoos and 3 conditioners..I almost forgot my deodorant, always have to have 2 on hand at all times... WEIRD items, huh

lsp2005

I usually keep one or two back ups of things. I still have most of my lash stash to go through. My most embarrassing experience with back ups was when I was called out on it by a Target employee. I got this amazing mango shea butter and maybe 3 weeks later I went to get another one, and the woman who helped me find it the first time remembered me and called me out on it. I did get it because my kids got into it and "used" 7/8 of the tub in one night. That was a huge mess. 

nhunka

(0) Hearts

I wouldnt call them backups but I have 5 Marc Jacobs daisy and 4 Eau so fresh in different editions/bottles that smell the same 

DrProducts

(0) Hearts

No, you're not alone. The product I back up most is perfume, esp. as I tend to pick scents that  don't become the major runners of the brand. For instance, I recently would have said that Miss Dior Cherie was going to be around a while; now, can hardly find. and so on. So when I like something, I can get birthday, christmas, & valentine's day.  The other two products I stockpile are lipstick (bought two of the Bite in VIB rouge) and eyeshadows. Now I wish I'd gotten another Laura Mercier eyeshadow palette. Darn!

btmod2

Hi itsjaimiehere,

I definitely have a lot backups! I have backups of everything! I think the thing I have the most backups of are mascaras because I like to have a wide variety of mascaras handy just in case I'm craving a certain look that day :smileywink:. The second thing I have a lot of backups of are facial masks. I don't go through them very quickly but there are some masks I can't live without, so I like to have more than one "in stock" just in case. :smileywink:

Best,

Randee

melde

(0) Hearts

Where do you guys keep your backups? Is it weird to keep them in the fridge if it is a product that might go bad?

beautytester

I am running low on my backups of KGD water.....as in I only have 2 travel size bottles left. *gasp*

But I seriously need to start using those other 4 makeup removers, but I really don't want to....*sulk*

bratknits

I have 9 (down from 16) jumbo bottles of Lemon shower gel from the Body Shop.  I stocked up at an end of year sale when I could stack a clearance with points and a coupon.  Hubby loves it, we go through one about every 6 weeks, and they have a shelf life unopened of about 3 years so why not?  I got them after all was said and done for about 5 bucks each.

The think about buying back-ups and in bulk is that you have to ask yourself a few questions first.  Will you use it before it expires?  Will you get sick of it before you use it all?  Do you have a place to store it?  One you figure that out you're good to go. 

itsjaimiehere

(0) Hearts

That's awesome!! At least you are using them... That makes it worth every penny! I have only purchased one thing from the Body Shop and that's their Tea Tree Toner... I may have to try some new things!

comfyrock

[ Edited ]

I have backups of some UD liners (the Black Market set and Lucky), the Clinique Repairwear set, and the Ole Henriksen gift set with the eye peel.  Also have lots of B&BW stuff and shampoo/conditioner.  I've not added to that stockpile for the past year so there's been some improvement.    

sschulte1014

I think we are all in good company here hoarding extras of loved products! I have back up clarisonic brush heads, 1 beauty blender, 2 beauty blender solid cleansers, Hoola bronzer, and Chocolate soliel bronzer. And I have a ton of backup mascaras, mostly minis and not of one kind in particular.

kalex

I have backups of:

UD "Stray Dog" 24/7 Liner

Chanel "Taupe" Waterproof Eyeliner

Guerlain "Teinte Rose" Meteorites

BeautyBlender Sponges

I think that's it.

crayzeeRN

[ Edited ]

Heavens, no. Tons of us here do this :smileytongue:

Hi, my name is crayzeeRN, and I am a hoarder.

I stockpile skincare like a madwoman. I have 9 bottles of various toners/cleansing waters currently, tons of moisturizer, enough samples for an army. I have a cosmetic bag stuffed with mascaras (90% are deluxe samples). Probably have about 12 packages of face wipes. Tons of B&BW shower gel, hand soap, lotion, candles, fragrance spray. Tons of shampoo and hair treatment products too.

I am also trying really hard to de-clutter. Haven't purchased anything from B&BW in over a year, and am starting to make a dent in my collection. I don't purchase mascara- must use up that stash first. Problem is that I need to stop purchasing skincare, and decrease my beauty related spending in general this year. In terms of moisturizer, serums, primers- I have enough samples to probably last me a year. Eeek!

NurseCupcake

I used to do that. I had like a million shampoos and conditioners and backups of most of my makeup, but that was before I really started getting into makeup and experimenting with different colors and formulas. That's when I  started realizing that usually before I could use something down and need a backup I was already on to the next thing!!!! So, I stopped buying  backups and went on a no buy. It really put some things into perspective for me…. I had 13 sets of shampoos and conditioners, 9 body washes. The worst part was the stuff that I didn't purposely buy as back ups! I had 6 sample of benefit POREfessional! I don't even know where they all came from! Haha!

Lately I've been trying to use down all of my samples and de-clutter. Much like Pinksofoxy on youtube. You wanna see some heartbreak??? Watch her declutter her AMAZING makeup collection. 

Lately though, mine has switched to clothes and shoes. If I find an article of clothing or pair of shoes that I like then i buy it in every color and sometimes even multiples of basic colors. Right now I'm obsessed with Victoria's Secret Pink V-neck T-shirts I have one in every color, plus 3 or 4 Navy blue ones, 5 black ones, and around 10 white ones. It's so bad!

NurseCupcake

Oh I forgot one thing…. My Josie Maran Argan Oil. I have about 5 or 6 bottles of that. I love that stuff, but I never buy a single bottle of it. I Keep getting Sephora Favorites kits or point perks or samples so I have a TON lying around :smileywink: 

SydBristow

I might be wrong but I thought I read that the oils can go bad? I just googled "rancid argan oil" - there's some good info to help ensure your oil lasts. :smileyhappy:

NurseCupcake

(0) Hearts

I haven't had any problems so far, but I don't get the giant bottles. I just use the little mini/sample sizes. The one I'm using now I got in the Sephora FAvorites kit from Christmas that's getting close to being done, then I just got the the Beauty Oils Essentials kit and it has one in there too. 

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I just realized that I forgot the worst example of this -- my bag! I fell in love with a bag in a light brown color. I knew that if I had it in the light brown, then without fail, something would happen to it (water stains, stains, scratches, etc.), so I bought in in black to be more practical. Well...eventually I decided I really did want it in the lighter color, so I bought that, and now I have the same bag in two colors. I use the black daily and the brown frequently, but not as an everyday bag. I say this is the worst example because it's not an inexpensive bag. I love it, but I've definitely gotten the "...wait, is that the same bag...YOU HAVE TWO?" question from more observant friends and family.

shoppiturt

Omg I'm not alone! XD I have two of the same bag I got from Walmart in black and yellow, and two of the same style of Harajuku Lovers bags but in different prints. Part of that is due to obsession and indecision, though! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 110 replies
  • 164 hearts
  • 59 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • killahbabe