Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Ask François Nars a beauty question!

Your questions have been answered! Scroll down in this thread to see François' response. Thank you all for participating!

Want first-hand advice from NARS founder, makeup artist, and backstage visionary François Nars? The legend will be checking in to BeautyTalk after New York Fashion Week to personally address your posts. Post a question here, making sure to tag it with "askNARS". Also, don’t forget to subscribe to this post to get notified when he answers your question. (Check the “Subscriptions” box on the right side of the post page.)

Check back later this month to see all of his enlightening comments.

Tags:
Anonymous Insider

Re: Ask François Nars a beauty question!

laurenh88 wrote:

I just bought the Duo Eyeshadow in Brumes (matte charcoal and blue slate sheen).  The colors are beautiful and super pigmented but I'm not sure how to wear them together.  Hoping to get some advice on how to use both colors to create a great look that's still appropriate for work.

Brumes Duo Eyeshadow is one of my favorite shades and is perfect for a modern take on a classic smokey eye.  Use the dark blue as a liner for a less-harsh but sophisticated defined eye.  The brown works wonders in the crease, adding depth and layers for a sultry eye.

Tags:
Anonymous Insider

I would use a mary kay applying tip for night wear. Put the grey at the bottom and top in a v fashion wiht the blue in the middle of your eye. If you dont like it that way, the reversing the color order.

Just some PURE  ideas..

- you could lightly pat the blue with an angle brush and pat the color onto the lid as shadow liner

- pat brown onto lid inside blue shadow liner for soft, girly touch

I like all the different colors that Nars offers for blush. I am not sure which one to buy. I am medium to dark brown with a slight red undertone. Any suggestion?

Tags:
Anonymous Insider

regina7747 wrote:

I like all the different colors that Nars offers for blush. I am not sure which one to buy. I am medium to dark brown with a slight red undertone. Any suggestion?

A great blush for a medium to dark brown skin tone (with a slight red undertone) is Taj Mahal. It looks very bright in the compact but lightly dusted on the cheek gives a beautiful finish. You can also try Torrid Blush- a warmer peachy red tone that adds a beautiful flush to darker skins.  I recommend you try all the blushes in-store.  Have fun with them!  Makeup is a great accessory!

Tags:

generally, soft pinks with tints of brown and tan colors naturally look good on your skintone... so some specific NARS colors are:

Luster
Madly
Oasis
Orgasm
Lovejoy
Dolce Vita
Douceur
and any other NARS colors that look like that, even better, for your skintone, you can use those colors for anything, besides concealer and foundation (or any other touch up products)
xoxoxo
i heart you.
maggie kate
Tags:
Conversation Stats
  • 47 replies
  • 30 Hearts Given
  • 24 Contributors
testing