Any ColourPop Fans Here?

Hi! I haven't seen a current thread about CP and was wondering if there were any fans here! I know its not High End, but the quality is great and I love my growing collection and would love to see anyone elses Smiley Happy 

Re: Any ColourPop Fans Here?

(0) Hearts

I'd like to make a pretty substantial ColourPop order and I know they occasionally have good sales. For the frequent customers, can you let me know if it feels like one should be coming up soon? A promo other than free shipping, since I'd spend more than the $30 minimum anyway. 

(0) Hearts

@alexastephlast spring break they had a promo where you got a free liquid lipstick per each 10$ spent if I remember correctly. It's a lottery I don't want you to miss out on the free shipping thinking that maybe a promo will come. But I remember sitting on a gorgeous Florida beach running around like crazy trying to get a signal on my phone so I could place an order LOL (crazy I know)

(0) Hearts

@YoiFran Thanks for letting me know. I have seen their free liquid lip promos before. I'm not worried about the shipping, since I'll spend more than $30 anyway. 

(0) Hearts

untitled.png

Colour Pop Direct- 2 days only!

(0) Hearts

I am waiting to try their shimmery shades; I wonder what you guys think of them. I have used their supershock eyeshadows in telepathy and coconut and I think they need to be built in a lot of layers for color payoff; the good news is you can tone your shadow pigment up and down with those. In general so far, I like the CP mattes, but I still think that Make up forever shimmery shadows would beat them, we'll see. 

(0) Hearts

The super shocks apply best with an eyeshadow sponge applicator from my experience

(0) Hearts

Their matte eyeshadows are very well pigmented and easy to blend, especially in the red / orange / pink / coral shades. 

(0) Hearts

Hi girls, im new to colour pop and i bought some eyeshadow blush and highlight that are super shocks, please share what brushes your using and how to best apply, im already using elf stnthetic brushes but its not placing the product in my skin very well, i have sigma/morphe brushes too but no success...

(0) Hearts

I usually tap on with my fingers and then blend out with a synthetic brush. For eyeshadows I like the Wet n Wild white and pink eye shadow brushes(Large, small, and crease) for highlights the elf small stippling brush. 

The only one I dip into the pad with the brush itself is their blushes. I usually grab for the Wet n Wild white and pink blush brush just because I don't want to go clown, I like to be able to build up the color instead of putting on too much then blending out. 

If you still have issues with the creamy formula I highly recommend their powder formula of shadows, blushes, and highlights! 

I hope some of this helps @mztm!

(0) Hearts

I have the same issue with the supershock shadows especially coconut, but not with mattes at all; I use brushes from the Tarte Tarteist tookbox that came out this past holiday season. You would have to play with a few brushes or just build the color using your fingers after you have your basic layout placed and blended. I am waiting on a new lighter supershock from their coral collection; I hope it will work better. 

(0) Hearts

@mztm I like applying the highlighters with a duo fiber brush (I use the ELF one) but tapping it on with a finger also works.

(0) Hearts

@mztm I actually use my fingers for the eye shadows (Super Shock - I don't have any of the pressed powders). I think someone suggested using the little sponge applicators that you can buy in packs, but I haven't tried that yet. Sometimes I like to use the brighter colors as an eyeliner and then I use a very fine eyeliner brush (I think it's It Cosmetics for Ulta).

I also had a bit of a hard time picking up enough color for the highlighters. I tried several different brushes and found that the Real Techniques setting brush worked the best for me. 

I am actually not certain what I use for the blush, because I only have one & don't use it all that often. I'm thinking that I use another Real Techniques brush because those (at least the ones I have) are a little rougher and they pick up product better than my elf brushes, which are quite soft.

I hope that helps!

thank you..now i have to buy the real techniques brush to actually use it..i hope i di my research in advance Smiley Sad

(0) Hearts

@mztm I'm assuming you mean the creamy eyeshadows, not the pressed ones? If so, I find my fingertips work far better with Colourpop than any brush I've tried.

I find this true of most cream products, though, but especially so with Colourpop.

(0) Hearts

thank you will try the finger method too

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I've given some Colourpop items as gifts and I have tried a handful of their items (ultra matte lipsticks, lippie stix - ugh at the name, pressed shadows and super shock shadows). I have heard their lip and gel liners are great too. 

I like how affordable Colourpop is, but their products are hit and miss. I especially dislike their Ultra Matte formula and their colors are significantly darker than what the bottle/swatches show from my experience.

I enjoy the lippie stix, super shock shadows and the pressed shadows that I have tried. I prefer the Kylie formula, which is a little better than Colourpop's Ultra Matte formula, even though Kylie's liquid lipsticks has that unnecessary sweet fragrance added to them.

I side eye how Kylie apparently had a great liquid lipstick formula originally. Then she went for an inferior, cost-cutting formulation but kept pricing the same. (FYI for those that don't know, Colourpop and Kylie Cosmetics are sister companies and many believe Colourpop private labels Kylie's products). 

Bottom line: Colourpop is great for the price and if you're relatively new to makeup like myself. 

@Karmatic Did you notice that Kylie now coincidently also has pressed blushes and highlighters? Which happen to be in rectangular pans with cardboard packaging.

(0) Hearts

@makeitup305 Yes ma'am, I did. SMH, I am not surprised that Kylie's product sales are beginning to slow down for that & many other QC + CS issues.

I personally don't find the blush names appropriate given her target demographic and what we know about her relationship. 😒

At first, it looked like the two brands were doing their own thing since Kylie came out with pressed eyeshadow palettes and Colourpop is known for their super shock shadows.

Then Colourpop "coincidentally" came out with pressed eye shadows. Now Kylie has velvet lip kits that look like the Ultra Satin lipsticks. 

Listen, I understand private labeling is a common thing in the beauty industry... but at least don't make it so obvious, Colourpop and Kylie Cosmetics! 🙄

(0) Hearts

Is the $5 off referral link still work? If it does can someone pretty please PM it to me. I want to make my first order to try some of the highlighters .Thanks so much!! :-)

Here's a 5$ off coupon code 
WCLV4UH3

Smiley Happy