Any ColourPop Fans Here?

Hi! I haven't seen a current thread about CP and was wondering if there were any fans here! I know its not High End, but the quality is great and I love my growing collection and would love to see anyone elses Smiley Happy 

Re: Any ColourPop Fans Here?

(0) Hearts

Thanks so much candygirl438!!! :-)

@CAcay It's disabled right now since they are doing the free palette promo:/

(0) Hearts

Awww, thanks so much for letting me know.

[ Edited ]

My colourpop order arrived today and I am very impressed! I can see myself reaching out for the super shock eyeshadows often for a quick wash of color or a pop of glittery magic on the eyes.

I also LOVED the satin lip. The matte lip was great as well, but the satin also looked fairly matte on me and looked more flattering(texture wise). I will place another order to get more of the satin lips and more super sparkly eyeshadows.

I took a couple of photos in natural light:

Lips: Alyssa satin

Highlighter: Smoke and n whistles (with a light hand)

Eye: "Puppy love" on the inner corner, "Cornelius" as a base, "Weenie" on the crease/outer corner and "I <3 this" for the pop of glitter

IMG_7534.JPG

Forgive the foundation. I tried a sample of graftobian and I hate it, but can't be bothered to take it off and start again Smiley Tongue

(0) Hearts

Hi what brushes are u using?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@mztm 

To apply color either finger or a flat synthetic brush (I honestly prefer the finger method to pack color)

To blend I use whatever synthetic brush I have, but I am really considering buying the one from colourpop, as I hear good things about it and it's fairly inexpensive. 

Under the eyes for smudging I am using a flat synthetic eyeliner brush.

I apply the highlighter with my fingers and then if needed I diffuse it with my beauty blender

I don't own any of the blushes, but in general I like applying cream blushes with a beauty blender as well

Soo pretty!! Your house has the best lighting I have ever seen

Yes, there is this one window in the house that has great lighting. Obviously most of my selfies have the same background lol Smiley Very Happy

I didn't even have anything in mind while browsing the colourpop website - but still .. I ended up placing an order for some super shock shadows (my first!) and the topaz palette. IM SO EXCITED!

I think I'm delirious .. too much time spent swatch searching for the shadows. lol 

It's a real effort to research all those swatches prior to placing an order isn't it? I feel the need to research it to death prior to "allowing" myself to place an order... 

YESSS ..the worsttttttt is finding a swatch and its so filtered out that you have to spend extra time finding swatches in NORMAL lighting. 

Finally got my Topaz palette in one piece! I really like it. The only con is that it is a little too orange to contour my nose, but on my cheeks and around my face it is not so bad, easy to sheer out or build up and blend too.

It's definitely more orange than the bronzer shade in the tarte pro glow to go mini palette.

highlighter is pretty bomb though! not too golden at all on pretty fair skin. the size of the pans are really generous too.

[ Edited ]

I had a small Colourpop revelation this morning!  I've been struggling with the super shock shimmer eyeshadows because brushes don't work (just scrape up glitter or nothing), finger application is messy, hard to control, and still not that great, etc, so I never really liked these shadows...

I tried using little sponge applicators today and OMG these shadows are amazing!  The sponge picked up the cream pigment really well and blended perfectly.  If you're struggling try it with these!  ~this changes everything~

http://www.sephora.com/confetti-sponge-tip-applicators-P377118?skuId=1473263&icid2=products%20gridSmiley Tongue37...

First colourpop order Smiley Very Happy I live in Canada and got whacked with $16 of duties ($87 USD order).

Loving them so far! Also grabbed a few pressed powders, a highlighter, brow gel and brow pencil thing. FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Is that highlighter Monster?  It looks duo chrome and pretty!

IMG_2732.JPG

@Madeline7 @Cyncynn Ignoring my poor makeup skills, this is Monster in all of it's beautiful purple glory Smiley Very Happy 

[ Edited ]

Thanks for tagging me! You look so pretty!! I love that pink/purply glow - might need to pick it up on my next order!

I'm having a real love affair with purple highlighter right now Smiley Very Happy I've heard there is a MAC skin dimension finish that is more purple! 

This one is pink/purple @Cyncynn 

@patronbleu  your makeup looks lovely! monster is one of my most favorite highlighters Smiley Happy

There is a sweet blur filter on it hiding my inadequate liner/eyeshadow skills Smiley Very Happy

But yes, it is one of my favourite highlighters too!!! Even over my more expensive brand ones @unfungirl

@patronbleu oh, no. I've never been hit with duties on any of my CP orders, so I'm sad to hear you did Smiley Sad always a risk for us. 

Glad you're happy with your items, though!