cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

A special hint about the January PLAY! by SEPHORA

Jan Play.jpg

This January, we’re going to be resetting our beauty routines with a selection of super-effective, innovative makeup, skin care, and hair care. Plus, our unboxing video will feature a surprise guest! Who do you think it’s going to be?

HINT:

Thanks to her line you’ll be turning heads from afar,

Cause no one knows hair like a stylist to the stars…

Share your guesses below, and don’t forget to tell us what your beauty resolutions are for 2017!

RE: A special hint about the January PLAY! by SEPHORA

Will Jen Atkins be our surprise guest?!?!🤗 my beauty resolutions starting this past week because of this ridiculous heat wave in SoCal is to drink atleast a gallon of water a day. I have acne prone skin and really have been sticking to a routine these past two weeks using different products from Philosophy and chugging an ample amount of water and I'm in shock how much my skin hasn't gotten worse in this heat. All my acne has stayed pretty controlled for the most part and my skin doesn't feel as dry!

Re: RE: A special hint about the January PLAY! by SEPHORA

@JPBeauty this is an old post from December 2016 regarding the January 2017 Play! Box. In the last couple of months Sephora has kept very tight lipped about what products will be featured in the upcoming box, but hints are available via the Sephora app. Otherwise, keep checking the latest Play! Threads for more up-to-date info.  

Re: A special hint about the January PLAY! by SEPHORA

Update: The Farmacy mask is actually pretty good. I had an opportunity to try it yesterday. No weird smell, and it left my skin very, very soft/smooth; so much that my husband commented on my appearance and patted my cheek.

I wasn't super-excited about this box either. I have quite a stash of hair repair masks now, and I don't like the smell of Ouai products; they trigger my allergies.

I gave the Tarte stick to my teenager with clogged pores.

Wary of the Farmacy mask, which I haven't tried yet; I hated their mist that came a few months back because it smelled weird and made my skin feel sticky.

I liked the Clinique Almost Lipstick, but that is a nostalgia product for me; Almost Lipstick in long-ago-discontinued Currant Stain was the first grown-up lippy I was ever allowed to wear in public! (Showing my age...and I wish they'd bring back that color)

I'm game to try the Amore Pacific cushion color because their other products I've tried have been pretty skin-friendly.

There were definitely items that went into other boxes I'd have liked to try.

I'm usually kind of excited for my box, but this one was lame. I think the two foundation shades will be too dark, and Clinique Black Honey turns way too dark on me. I saw the suggestion that someone would use the tarte stick on their body, so I'll use it that way. And yes, I'm also a young woman, I do not need anti-aging yet! I know it's never too early to start, but the DE moisturizer would have suited me better. 

I am not excited for this box at all. I received mine a couple of days ago and received 2 of the Tarte stick things. I think I was supposed to receive the Farmacy honey mask in place of one of those. 

This box would have been redeemed had it had the Pharmacy mask instead of two Tarte sticks. Disappointing Sephora 😞

Anonymous Insider

Heres the thing. I have loved past play boxes. I love getting luxury things that I don't want to spend money on. I enjoy being able to try things before I buy them. 

I like the idea that some items in the boxes are customized. I would LOVE this if it actually happened. 

I am a porcelain skin young 22 year old girl. 

I watched the videos and seen the pictures on this box and past boxes that show the different alternating items.

EVERYTIME I get antiaging or something for tan to dark skin that I cannot use. 

You claim to use our profiles but clearly that's not true. Its a waste of product. Very annoyed at this point

Box still hasn't shipped. Canceling this month. 

Anonymous Insider

My box has not shipped yet either it still says processing! I'm new to play so this is my first box, didn't know it took this long to ship. Impatiently Wating 😢

Mine doesn't even tell me if my January box shipped yet yet I was charged weeks ago :0(

It should be in your order history... essentially the same order number will have the tracking link/ it should have already shipped. I get charged on the first of each month for mine so that is normal.

i use the app and it's gotten more friendly regarding Play! Then when it first launched (play, not the app) but it's still not the best in getting info on your current box 😞

This is also my first box/bag (after almost 9 months of being on the waitlist!) and I don't see anything in my online order history- no indication that it shipped or is in progress. Should I be concerned?

I do know that my card was promptly charged, tho...

My Play for January hasn't arrived yet either. I have not been too happy with my Play boxes yet. Boring samples I already have. They had to resend the lipstick from December because it was missing. November's box had no perfume, Ugg! Will cancel if this next box is lame.

I think it's going to be Jen Atkin and her line, Ouai!!

What happened to the perfume samples..... Opened my box today to some lame magazine type perfume swatch sample.... Was thinking December's box would of stepped up, let down... Going January's new year box was going to step up, let down.... Come on sephora!!! If February's Valentine box sucks I'm canceling...

I don't think  PLAY celebrates Holidays!

They have themes....instead!  This month it is something about glowing sweat!  lol!!!!

When exactly should my box arrive? .. it's the 17th of Jan and still nothing 😞

My boxes have consistantly been delivered during the third week of the month.

If you pull up your "Order History" and look for the order, there should be a tracking number for it. Good luck!

Anonymous Insider

Same here, Some of my coworkers boxes shipped today but I cannot see any updates on mine.

Mine hasn't even shipped yet.  You can see your Play box status under your orders.  Mine billed on the 3rd, but still no shipping.

Same here, got billed on the 3rd and no tracking number comes up. My status is still only In Progress.

1 Reply
testing