5 tips that make my beauty life easier
I wish so badly I'd known these things would make my life easier! If this helps even just 1 person, that's what I want. (If my post helps you in any way, please let me know!)
1. Change your mascara with the change of seasons. We all know we should change it out every 3 months, but who can remember when that was?! So, I change mine next month as Summer officially arrives. Then, another new tube in September when Fall arrives. That way, there's no doubt just how old that tube really is!
2. Quit picking. (This is where I'm being brutally transparent.) For years, it has hurt my head to see a clogged pore or a slight white center to an upcoming blemish. My solution was to squeeze, poke, prod...whatever I could to get it gone. What I've found is that LEAVING IT ALONE is actually the fastest cure for blemishes and for the overall prevention of them. I spent so much time in the mornings concealing, blending, concealing, blending, applying powder. My battle with cystic acne, I believe, is probably a lot of my fault because I was causing absolute chaos under my skin with all that nonsense. I've not touched my skin for almost 2 months now. How many blemishes do I have? Zero. How much redness do I have? Very little. When is the last time I used concealer? 1 month ago. Case made.
3. Don't reinvent the wheel. Instead of sticking with the formula of foundation that truly did work for me, I've sampled about all of them. YouTuber or blog poster raves about a foundation...I'm on it. I just tossed a BB cream and a CC cream sampler because I felt so compelled to see if this was the stuff that was going to work magic for me, and...wait for it...it didn't. Back to my foundation (Lancome's Dual Finish) formula and shade that get it right every time! I've learned that liquid formulas just don't work well for me, so why waste time, energy, and good skin (experienced a few hiccups of blemishes or just "yuck" skin because of sampler situations) to find that miracle product?!
4. Keep it simple. Instead of having tons of color products rolling around and coming loose from their pans, I have 1 single eye palette (Benefit's World Famous Neutrals in "Everyday") and 3 cheek colors (Tarte's Dollface, Exposed and then Benefit's Dandelion). All I do now is make either my eyes or lips the focal point of my look and use one of those cheek colors to brighten my face. And guess what? It's simple. I'm actually using up product before it expires or gets goopy or whatever.
5. Stick to a memorable routine. I exfoliate twice weekly (Murad's Pomegranate Mask), and I do it every Sunday and Wednesday. While it sets, I wash my BeautyBlender (I have 2, so this gives me a clean one twice a week). Once a month, I also wash my face & eye brushes while also doing my BeautyBlender. If I didn't stick to just those two days for treatments, I'd forget when, then it'd be a week, then a month before I'd realized how time had slipped by without keeping a routine. It truly does make a difference in my skin!
Hope I helped!
Re: 5 tips that make my beauty life easier
Really good tips! One for me is to only use my foundation brushes two times and after wash them or use a new one. Or else I will break out crazy. I use to forget all the time, but after a while I've gotten so use to it that it's not much of a hassle for me anymore!