Answer
irishcowgirl
Live Beauty Chat with other members?

I am not sure if this has been asked before... But would you consider putting up a live chat feature so we can chat with other members that are online at the same time as us?

If sephora put this up on the new site would you guys use it?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 5
ChicDabbler
Answered

I would not use it.  In addition to the implementation problem as addressed, I like my privacy. 90% of time on my gchat or aim or facebook, I set my settings to away or off because I was looking to chat with specific people about some things if they are on. I don't want to chat with everyone every time I'm on. Also, PM and posts allow me to collect my thoughts instead of IM....and maybe that's just me being typical cautious shy nerdy person.

ran8
Answered
[ Edited ]

The problem with chat boards is that it would require a Sephora mod to be in there at all times.  Web scripted chats can also have a tendency to lag more often than programs designed for it.  Those can easily get out of hand with users, spam, bots, etc.  There are other great programs out there worth looking into that are free.

There's always Skype for those with a PC (chat or voice chat with a mic).  Tons of instant messenger services (AIM, MSN, ICQ, mIRC, Yahoo!  etc) all free.  Send a PM to those who are your friends and exchange usernames.

Would I use it?  Probably not. 

ntailor
Answered

I would use it for sure.  I like the idea of that.  But what would be best is if the chat person is available at certain times.  Some makeup sites have live beauty chats and are available say 8-5 pm or 9-4 sort of thing.

I would love to have that.

marinaspuz
Answered
(0) Hearts

hi does anyone want to answer my question?

dianabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi irishcowgirl,

That's a fun idea! I have to agree with ran8 though, It would require a constant moderation to avoid spammers, bots, trolls, etc. from possible issues that could arise between users, etc. so I can't say for sure if it would ever be a feature we would implement. Thanks for the request! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • ntailor
    • ran8
    • dianabt
    • irishcowgirl
    • ChicDabbler
    • marinaspuz