Answer
angelclarice
Instructions on how Beautytalk works
[ Edited ]

I don't know if I just missed the whole instructions, being that I am new to the site but I think for the newer people joining the site there should be some type of instructions on how the site works and how the heart system works and how to articles you posted and what not. Maybe there are instructions in place and I just missed it, but if not, I think that would be a good idea.

Thanks for all the answers!! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
maltipoo66
Answered

Hi!  Welcome to Beauty Talk!  I understand what you mean-It took me a couple days to figure out the whole system, but it was a fun process for me.  Basically, when you post a question (which you already know how to do), people along with Sephora experts will answer your question, and to the right of each answer will be a heart with a (0) next to it.  To thank them for answering your question, click the heart (you must be logged in to do this), and the number will change to a (1).  That's how you give a heart.  You may also receive hearts by asking questions.  

There are many sections to Beauty Talk to keep everything organized.  One of my favorite sections is the lounge, where off-topic and beauty related discussions take place.  People talk about what is on their shopping lists, what they have recently bought (hauls), and beauty confessions that they might have.  It's very entertaining to read and contribute to.  

Hope this helps explain things a little-this is a great group of people to be in!

bretta615
Sorry!!! It IS a big site...Thanks for the patience and the directions!
makeupobesessed
I don't think there is any real system to the titles they give us, I noticed they changed as I answered more...but it does take some time to get used to and navigate through.
Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 33 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • maltipoo66
    • xoxcharlottexox
    • angelclarice
    • makeupobesessed
    • bretta615