My BeautyTalk Profile
Who's Online / 4,416 users
Ask the Experts
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ask The Experts
Hey!! I have dry skin with an oily T-zone (so combo) and i want a new foundation that is medium to full coverage that is long wearing (wont sweat away) and will not look cakey, any suggestions? 
Ask The Experts
I will be going to Thailand soon, and the weather there is HOT. Better yet, I'm going during the humid rainy season! I would rather not have something that has a full, heavy coverage in that heat! My acne has gotten better so I'm not as concerned with getting full coverage as I used to be, but I'm still not sure which bb/cc cream or even tinted moisturizer is good enough to last in the heat!   I've tried benefit's bb cream but the somewhat powdery finish made my dry spots look splotched an uneven, as any powder foundation does.    I have fair, sensitive skin that is dry combination.  Thanks for any suggestions!
banner_promo_brandpage.jpg
Ask The Experts
Hello beauty talk members, I see so many color threads here. I love to chat about luxury skincare products and procedures. I am addicted to trying new things and am always on the lookout for something new in skincare.    Have a favorite luxury brand or product?  Have a fav skin tool or treatment? Please share. Curious about botox? Spa treatments and peels? let's share our experiences here .   We can also post good GWP's, and specials.
IMG_2813.jpg
Ask The Experts
  I have textured, uneven skin due to past acne. Its not too bad and dents aren't too deep but it is so annoying. My pores seem large too. What could I use to resurface my skin and get rid of this scarring?
image.jpg
Ask The Experts
Just noticed that all of the spring stuff is showing up (early as always) but the thread is still specific to Winter (which it is...but tell the brands).  So what have you found, dear BTers, that is new on Sephora...
image.jpg
Ask The Experts
How do I pull off the I'm wearing make up but I am not look?  I have brown hair, hazel eyes and fair skin.  Thank you
Ask The Experts
I have been seriously trying to get into the contour world. I have been told before to use the NXY and I did not like it. So I've gave in and decided to either get the tarte contour pallet or the Kat Von D one. I need some pros and cons of each? (fair skin tone, combo skin type)
Ask The Experts
i'm looking to buy a foundation that won't settle into laugh lines or look too cakey. i think i have combination skin…. it's initially somewhat dry in the beginning of the day and gets super oily as the day goes on in addition to being acne prone. i'm torn between kat von d lock it foundation and Makeup forever matte velvet
Ask The Experts
I am looking for a new skincare routine and would like to use the whole line. Im debating between FAB and Caudalie as I have sensitive skin. What do you guys recommend? I don't have any skin concerns besides pores that should be controlled with exfoliating I would appreciate suggestions!
Ask The Experts
Hello,   I'm looking for a moisturizer for acne prone/oily skin. I'm vegan, so it needs to be a cruelty free brand. Thanks so much!!
Ask The Experts
    I am a makeup junkie, but on my off days where I'm just running errands and not going anywhere special, I would like to use a tinted moisturizer to match my skin tone and still cover up some dullness in my skin.        I currently use Laura Mercier (it's a deluxe sample from one of my rewards), it looks ok but I think it's to light for my color, and after a while it makes my skin very oily (I naturally have oily skin).  What would be best for my skin tone and provide the best coverage?       Also, what are smoke tips when using tinted moisturizer?  (i.e. application measures, making it last long periods of time)
Ask The Experts
i am interested  in  the  tarte  rain forest of  the  sea foundation not  sure  what color i would  be .....makeup for ever 127, dior foundation 031, smashbox halo 4, josie maran vibrancy awakened
Ask The Experts
What is the absolute best, long-lasting face primer for someone with extremely dry skin?
Ask The Experts
Does anyone have a review and/or how to for any of the Kevyn Aucoin brushes? I've been searching Youtube and can't find anything. There a few that I want to get or am on the fence about getting and I'd love to hear someones thoughts and how they use the brush, etc. It's a MUST I get a review of the following brushes, but best case scenaio I could find a review of all of them... 1. The Soft Buff Brush 2. The Sculpting Brush 3. The Blender Brush 4. The Concealer Brush   I'm also interested in Hourglass brushes. I found one or two videos on Youtube for those but, again almost nothing.    Anyone have any resources for review, or would be kind enough to write their own reviews of any Kevyn Aucoin and/or Hourglass brushes?? Thank you so much in advance y'all. XOXO
Ask The Experts
Just turned 30 and I know you should use a peel pad daily, and I've been told to use an exfoliator, should I alternate them? Or use the peel pad everyday and the exfoliator twice a week? I have flaky skin everyday, It's pretty smooth on most of my face but it's dry, flaky and acne/blackhead prone on my nose and chin. I'm also hoping to save some money because my regime is expensive and I think too complicated.  Cleanse with Skyn Iceland Glacial Facewash Tone with Skyn Iceland Arctic Face Mist Peel with Skyn Iceland peel pads (sometimes daily, sometimes every couple of days) Treat with Ren Overnight Facial (usually on days I'm not using the peel pads as this helps replenish moisture) Serum with Murad (can't remember what it's called but it's supposed to help with hormonal breakouts) Moisturize with Ren Global Day Cream Indie Lee Blemish Treatment (it's the same as the Kate Somerville Eradikate).  Things I don't want to change: my moisturizer (it's heavy but it's the only one that reduces the sensitivity of my skin and actually provides enough moisture, everything else I've tried from oil-free, to light moisturizers, to other heavy moisturizers and oils have not worked. My blemish treatment , which is a spot treatment I use at night and clears up my acne without drying up the rest of my face, and it works when nothing else has. My cleanser, it's a good buy, effective but not to drying, natural and is helping to balance my skin.    Things I like but don't need or would like a cheaper alternative: the serum , I want something with Retinol that won't break the bank where a little goes a long way. The Ren Overnight resurfacing treatment , I love this but it's expensive and probably I don't need it, but it's nice to use once in a while when my skin is crazy dry.    Things I need some tips on: the peel pads , these are a must-have but I don't know if I should switch to just an exfoliator when I haven't found them to be effective and I would like a cheaper alternative. Also, I would like good advice on a nice exfoliator with lactic/glycolic/aha acid or an enzyme exfoliator.  I would like to simplify my routine if possible but have been struggling to find a way to do it, save some money but keep up with my skin feeling amazing (for the most part). 
Ask The Experts
I have prom coming up in a week. My dress is navy blue. It has white, silver, a rustic gold, and turquoise beading on it. I'm not sure on what colors to choose for my eyeshadow or lipstick?? I have brown hair and brown eyes with a light to medium skin color. Help! 
s1448745-main-hero.jpg
Ask The Experts
I  have just purchased the Fresh Seaberry face oil and the Fresh Lotus cream.  I love them both!!!  I  would like to purchase a new cleanser, face scrub, moisturizer, face treatments, I just don't know where to begin.  I have oily skin and sometimes have some dry spots.  Any advice/Help would be greatly apprieciated.  Thank you so much!!!    
brow1.jpg
Ask The Experts
One of my eyebrows is much less full than the other, and I was wondering which products/at-home remedies have proven successful for others to increase eyebrow hair growth?   I've heard a ton about castor and coconut oil, and am curious as to any other suggestions..?    
Ask The Experts
I am in the foundation color medium 62 of Kat Von D, what Kat Von D concealer should I use?
Ask The Experts
Hi all. I'm attempting to revamp my current skin care process. I'm 26, with oily skin and LARGE pores. I do get acne but mostly I just have massive pores for days which can pack in anything. I use a Dr. Dennis Gross Moisturizer and Fresh Eye Cream in the morning, but I don't have a routine for at night. Should I be using an anti aging products at night or am I to young for that? And if so what products should I be using?? Do I need a serum? Or an oil? Do people with oil skin use oils are does it make it worse? I definitely need to start using something because I don't want my skin to be falling apart in ten years. ANY and ALL advice is welcome! XOXO
Ask The Experts
I've been wanting to try some new foundations and concealers since i'm almost running out of both. I know that you can get samples of both concealers and foundations but I don't know if you're only able to get a certain amount of each.
Ask The Experts
I have super dry skin and have been looking for the perfect foundation that give light/medium coverage without clinging to dry patches and looking cakey? I prefer a natural finish and not too look *too*dewy. Thanks! 
Ask The Experts
Hi! Now that summer is here (even though I'm in LA so it's sunny all the time), I am especially concerned with getting enough sun protection! My makeup contains SPF 30 and I apply it each morning. To be specific, I generally use Tarte Tinted Primer with SPF 30. Is this enough to get through the day? I always go on a 30 minutes walk in the sunshine during lunch, 6 hours after application. I'm inside the rest of the day. Is this enough? Do I need to be reapplying? I also have very oily skin so can't be putting on lotion throughout the day. What do I do?????
Ask The Experts
Hello, I am currently using dior hydrallife BB creme and really like it.  My only complaint is how long it stays on.  I was told at the sephora here that there was a longer lasting one.  Do you know what that would be or something you recommend?  I have rosacea and need something that will cover the redness.  I like the primer that is in this makeup but I do still use a moisturizer with the makeup.
Ask The Experts
What is the best heat protecting product for keratine straigthened hair?
Ask The Experts
Hello, I have very dry skin. I've tried many different moisturizers, but nothing has helped. The only moisturizer that actually hydrated my skin has been moisture surge intense by clinique. I wanted to give something else a try because I've been using that one for a while and I feel like my skin isn't responding to it as well. The most recent ones that I have tried is the vinosource by claudalie and the deep rose hydration cream by fresh, neither of the two were enough. I've also tried belif the cream and gel and first aid beauty. Any other suggestions? Help! Thanks!
Ask The Experts
I'd like it to be a stunning lipstick with great color payoff.