My BeautyTalk Profile
Who's Online / 13,382 users
Ask the Experts
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ask The Experts
I have super dry, sensitive, pre-maturely aging, and acne prone skin (worst of all worlds). I'm trying really hard to get my skin to adjust to retinol, but it's not having it. My derm says getting my skin to tolerate retinol will solve a lot of my aging + acne woes. I tried retin-a and my skin was burn for weeks after 1-2 uses of just a pea sized amount on dry skin. I just started using First Aid Beauty's retinol serum (made for sensitive skin), but my skin is still freaking out. I have two questions:   1. Is it ok to apply retinol over irritated skin (from the retinol) until it adjusts? or do I have to wait until my skin heals, and then try again? If I do wait, it's like waiting 10 days in between uses.   2. Any suggestions on how to calm the irritation? Both the next day, and maybe something to layer it with when I use it at night? Thank you! Edit
Ask The Experts
Hello   My cousin really loves how I do makeup and wants me to do hers for her wedding.  I am good at makeup but I am no makeup artist.  I did a practice run on her and it turned out fine.  What do you recommend to make this really look like a professional did it.  
Ask The Experts
Hi all! If I jump in the shower without removing my foundation, and use face wash, do I have to go over with makeup remover after? Thanks
Ask The Experts
Hi everyone!   So I have the most challenging skin EVER. I'll call it combination, with particularly large/often clogged pores around my T-zone and along my cheekbones. I also have super sensitive skin, so my very fair face is usually pretty red.   I'm looking for a quality primer. I had the best look with Smashbox's purple pore filling one, but it left me with more blackheads than before I started using it. I switched to the green color correcting one and haven't had as many issues, but it also doesn't blur my pores as well. Anyone have similar issues and more luck with another primer? I'm open to all suggestions!
image1.JPG
Ask The Experts
I am looking for eyeshadow colors for me. Natural with some color. Hazel eyes and brown hair.
Ask The Experts
I was using MUFE HD Invisible Cover Concealer, color 305. Huge fan of it, the only concealer that has ever matched my tone and worked the way I needed it to- but I've just discovered that it has been discontinued Can you please tell me if the new MUFE Ultra HD line has a color that would the color that the HD #305 was? Thank you!
Ask The Experts
I just found out that the "Espresso Your Love" has been discontinued.  I am not interested in the "Caffeine Buzz" shade which is a red brown.  What is a good dupe for the Espresso Your Love?  I'm looking for something that wears all day on my upper lid, and is a dark brown.  
Ask The Experts
I'm looking for a highlighter that is NOT sparkly or shimmery but rather glossy and wet looking on the face (glowy).. any suggestions? thanks
Ask The Experts
Im just getting my skills going when it comes to eyeshadow. One thing I'm missing is a brush that feels right applying shadow to my lower lash line.    Any suggestions? Thanks! 
Ask The Experts
What happened to it?  Just watched a Sephora pro video using it but product can't be found
Ask The Experts
What concealer can someone recommend to cover under eye bags but so that I can wear it alone when I am in a hurry? I don't like anything too cakey or heavy.
Ask The Experts
are Buxom lip glosses,be legendary lip gloss, BITE lipsticks,Too Faced liquefied Melted Long Wearing Lipsticks, Sephora lip stains, Audacious Lipstick, Smashbox lipsticks, NARS Matte lipsticks gluten free? I've just been put on a gluten free diet from my doctor and all of my lipsticks are from SEPHORA. Thank you!!!!!
Savebythebellexcited2.gif
Ask The Experts
Just got off the phone with Natasha Denona and team and they are SO excited for our live chat this Thursday. I gushed about how amazing you all are and how excited we are to have Natasha for a live chat and she is equally as excited   Here are the details:  12-1pm PST (but I will open the thread ~30 mins early) Link:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/Live-Chat-with-Natasha-Denona/td-p/2777134 See you there! Katie
Ask The Experts
Hi, I'm interested in purchasing the new tarte clay stick foundation but I'm not sure which shade to buy? I have light skin with yellow undertones... any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! 💕
Ask The Experts
Hi, I am actually using Make-up Forever Ultra HD stick foundation in color 120 (my foundation for winter). For summer, I was wondering which foundation should I be buying, one or two shades darker? 123, 125? I have a golden/yellow complexion. Thanks!
Ask The Experts
I am 21 years old and I have been plagued with puffy under eye bags for years! How do I get rid of my under eye puffiness? Serums? Creams? Rollers? Facial massagers? What is the best routine for me? (:
upload_8759715118770727595.jpg
Ask The Experts
Hi has anyone ever used a brow growth serum that actually works?
06072017_BeautyTalk_Pinrose_ThreadAsset_HANDOFF.jpg
Ask The Experts
This thread is now closed. It will open on Wednesday, June 7th from 12-1pm PDT. Erika Shumate and Christine Luby, co-creators of PINROSE, are making their BeautyTalk debut on Wednesday, June 7, to answer your fragrance questions. Visit this thread between 12pm and 1pm PDT to ask them anything—from how to discover your subconscious scent style to tips on how to make your perfume last all day. Be sure click "Follow this thread" on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.
WIN_20170525_17_44_36_Pro.jpg
Ask The Experts
Hey, so i was sooooo excited that the milk tattoo stamp finally arrived an hour ago. I stamped two black cute little stars on my wrists.  It claims to be waterproof.  I washed my hands with water only while some water splashed onto the tattoo..  It started smearing and became purple. Also, I just tried to use makeup remover (that gets out even my most waterproof mascara, but there are still reminants of purple ink (like I got a bruise).   Does yours do that?  Did I get a defective product?
Ask The Experts
Before I put on any makeup of any kind I have to exfoliate or the foundation seeps into the "crevasse" of my skin.  Even when I do exfoliate I still can't wear any makeup sometimes.  Please help me!
Ask The Experts
i've been going to the dermatologist since highschool (am now 25), and think it's time to stop using the Clindamycin and Trentinoin creams from the derm. and get some different skin care products. my skin is sensitive. issues include some dryness, mostly oily skin, blackheads around nose, and light pinkish acne scarring. any suggestions would be appreciated. also, what's the return policy on skin care items?
Ask The Experts
I've used the Laneige toner but it dried out my skin because i'm using topical creams for acne. i'm now looking for a new toner that does not have alcohol in it because i have sensitive skin, but i also have oily/combination skin with some dry patches, and blackheads/pores in my T-zone. Thank you! 
2017-05-25-Natasha-Denona-Live-Chat-thread-asset-Handoff.jpg
Ask The Experts
This thread is now closed. Thank you for your participation!   Brand founder Natasha Denona is making her BeautyTalk debut on Wednesday, May 25, to answer your beauty questions. Visit this thread between 12pm and 1pm PDT to ask her anything—from what makes her eyeshadow formulas so pigmented to her go-to product for glowing skin.   Be sure click "Follow this thread" on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.
upload_4307923203435210815.jpg
Ask The Experts
Hello! I just had a simple question I am hoping one of you could answer, I recently was in the store and got a sample of the Sunday Riley Luna sleeping oil. I have never used it before, but in the little packet which you tear open, it feels like its powder and like.. little balls! and on the product information, its obviously an oil, So i'm confused as to how to use the sample, and I'm terrified to open the packet and like.. waste it, because I've wanted to try this brand for so long! and the directions on the packet are the same as for the product and I guarantee you this sample is like a powder not an oil,   Any help at all please! thank you!!
Ask The Experts
Hello All, I have very thin and fine hair and I was wondering what are some amazing thickening and voluminous shampoos that give my hair volume and fullness and are long-lasting. Thank you all so much!!          
Ask The Experts
I am Moving to a humid location and it already happens in the dry environment I live in now. No matter what kind of mascara I buy (my favorite right now is Marc Jacobs) after a couple hours it ALWAYS ends up under my eyes and on the outside crease. How do you prevent this? It happens with every single mascara I've ever tried. 
Ask The Experts
I've never purchased a setting spray before but I want to get one this weekend before my bachelorette party! Do you prefer All Nighter or the De-Slick setting spray and what are some of the major differences between the two? My skin is normal/combo. I usually get oily in my T-zone and my chin, so I was considering the De-Slick spray, but I've heard such good things about All Nighter so I'm having difficulty choosing. Any advice would be appreciated!
Ask The Experts
I have a medium skin tone and I'm thinking of purchasing the new Benefit Cheek Parade because I don't have any blush/highlight palette yet. I have medium to dark skin though, so I'm worried that Hoola won't be useful to me as a bronzer, or the Dandelion just plain won't show. Can I use the Rockateur as a highlight? Is this palette worth it or will I just end up with colors I can't use?   Would you recommend the colors here for people with medium to dark skintone? (I'm NC35, Estee Lauder Tawny) All the videos show girls with fair caucasian skin so I'm worried that even if it looks good on them, it won't on me. 😅   Spoiler (Highlight to read) Spoiler (Highlight to read) Spoiler (Highlight to read)       If you wouldn't recommend this, can you recommend me a good blush/highlight/contour palette under $75? I have combination skin that can get a bit oily so maybe powder would be a better choice.