My BeautyTalk Profile
Who's Online / 28,958 users
Ask the Experts
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Skin tone
Hello! If I just took the Skin tone test in a Sephora store, and they recommended me to buy the Cover Fx foundation in the N 30 tone, what is my color tone?? Thank you!!!
see post
product layering
hello.. i recently purchased Murad Complete Reform with Glyco Firming Complex and Caudalie's Polyphenol C15 Overnight Detox Oil...   i was told not to use these 2 together because the oil can reduce the efficacy of the Murad product. is this true? if not.. how would i layer them?   Day: i have oily/combo skin and easily can break out..  i wash my face with Murad's Time Release Acne Cleanser i tone with Sunday Riley's Martian toner i then use the Ole Henriksen's truth serum(orange) then i would moisturize with Lancome Bienfait Pure Focus Matifying Moisturizing Lotion followed with Murad's Invislblur Perfecting shield sunscreen…. and follow with rest of my make up.   Night: i wash with Murads cleanser then i would use Peter Thomas Roth Wrinkle X peel pads (every night)..wash off after 3 minutes tone with Sunday Riley's Martian toner use the Murad's Complete Reform use the Caudalie c15 and then moisturize with the new Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud cream   my extras include: twice a week with Murad's aha/bha exfoliating cleanser just bought the Herbivore Blue Tansy aha+bha Resurfacing  Clarity mask..which would be twice a week considering the Murad's IntensiveC Radiance Peel once a week with Origins charcoal mask   i know this is a loaded email but i could really use some help… I'm basically looking for something that will even out skin tone, lessen break outs and clean out pores … give me radiance and not have dull looking skin.     should i introduce retinol? if so.. which one? i tried Philosophy's Help Me and hated it..broke me out and way too heavy and oily for my already oily skin.   please and thank you .. look forward in hearing from you,   Anna      
see post
Lancome regenerist or Drunk Elephant?
Which moisturizer is better Lancome regenerist or the new product by Drunk Elephant?
see post
Bobbi Brown - Retouching Face Pencil
Hello.  My skintone is NC35.  I was wondering which shade in the Bobbi Brown - Retouching Face Pencil I could use to carve out my brows with.  I would prefer it to be warm toned, and look natural.
see post
tarte Amazonian Clay Blush shade would suit me best?
Hi my colour IQ number is 3Y08 and it matches me perfectly. I am trying to find a blush and creme/butter that will compliment my skin tone. I would prefer Tarte's blush however, I am open to other brands.   Thanks
see post
Matching anastasia dipbrow shade with correct powder duo shade.
Which anastasia dipbrow shade matches the powder duo in medium brown? It is taupe based so I figured maybe the taupe shade but I feel like its too light.
see post
The Best Laser Hair Remover for Women of Color
Hi,   What is the best hair remover for women of color? I was told I need  1064 nm wavelength laser. Do you have a product that you can recommend
see post
What foundation can be used over Peter Roth Instant FirmX for eyes?
What foundation can be used over Peter Roth Instant FirmX for eyes? Lylemo
see post
Q. Foundation recommendation
I was previously using sephora hydrating and smooth liquid foundation in R35. Since it is no longer available for purchase which other foundation is equivalent to it. Thanks in advance
see post
Sephora vs. Zoeva brushes?
Hello, I'm going to be receiving a brush set this Christmas and I'm not sure whether to opt for a set from Zoeva or a Sephora set. If any of you have tried both brush brands and prefer one over the other I'd love to know. Price isn't an issue.
see post
Colour match
Kind of an odd question but would anyone know which shade the Hard Candy concealer in Ultra light would be closest to in the KVD lock it foundation line? Thanks (: 
see post
Redness in the t zone
Lately I have noticed a lot of redness in my skin. It could be a lot of things including but not limited to aging. I use gentle face cleansers (Pater Thomas Roth, Purity made Simple, Ole Henriksen, or Bliss on occasion). Recently I have also been 'toning'  with Micelor water by Biodema after cleansing to ensure all makeup is removed. Then I use Ole' face products morning & night. My newest foundation, Estée Lauder Double Wear is lovely and the colour matches perfectly, but I am finding, half way through the day my chin, nose and forehead have redness poking through the foundation. Could it be oxidizing pinker than my skin tone?  Suggestions? Oh and I prime my skin with Benefit Porefection or Hourglass. Thanks in advance J. 
see post
Help!! Sugestion
Hi I want to know watt product are nice for a day make up and night or evening ... Example : like matte or hd , brands, watt bronzer please some Sugestion is for a anniversary    thank you
see post
I have the Estée Lauder under eye concealer in medium deep (neutral) but I can't find that colour what has it changed to?
I have the Estée Lauder under eye concealer in medium deep (neutral) but I can't find that colour what has it changed to?
see post
Desperate for cellulite help
Hi, I am going on vacation with my boyfriend at the end of the month, I am desperately trying to find a product that helps to combat back-thigh cellulite. Does anyone know of a product that would help with this? Thanks!
see post
Makeup struggles
I have several questions. I have had extremely oily skin and when it was fixed it then started to be extremely dry. I spent forever trying to find a foundation and primer that would work, nothing did. Randomly my skin started to be normal, not too dry or oily but makeup still doesn't completely sit right. It doesn't last long on my face, give it a couple hours and it will look like I have barely to none on. It also oxidizes really bad, I am in the lightest shade but it turns dark. I have looked up ways to fix this but nothing helps. I exfoliate, I moisturize, I prime, and I have even used a setting spray. Ive tried expensive makeup brands and even cheap brands, I have tried full coverage to medium coverage.  No matter what I do, nothing seems to stay on or stay close to my shade.
see post
Alternative to Clinique Tinted Moisturizer
Since the Clinique Moisture Surge tinted moisturizer is now discontinued, what is the best alternative? For my under eyes I use Clinique's all about eyes concealer in the shade medium honey and on top of it I would apply Clinique's tinted moisturizer in shade 4. What is my best tinted moisturizer alternative to apply over the under eye concealer, and what shade? Thank you!
see post
MUFE HD Recommendation
I'm currently really liking the MUFE Ultra Hd foundation, but the shade I have, R230, is a bit too pink. Any suggestions on a different shade?
see post
older skin foundation
What is a good foundation that won't settle in tiny wrinkles in 75 year old skin.  Or should I stick with tinted moisturiser
see post
Makeup Forever Shade Matching
The Makeup Forever Duo Mat Powder Foundation Light Beige is sold out, what color would match this in the Pro Finish Multi-use Powder? Or what color would match the Light Beige in another good foundation powder brand? Thanks! 
see post
I need advice on foundation and skin routine from someone who has dry/oily skin at the same time lol
Hi! I am 25 years old and recently I started to notice that under my eyes I have wrinkles.. as well as around my mouth (laugh line area). I am currently using KAT VON D lock it foundation. Within an hour my nose literally MELTS off. I use PUPA primer as well which is mattefying. It doesn't help. Why is my nose MELTING? Its so weird my forehead will be so dry you can literally see the foundation on top of dry skin, and then within an hour its like my face is melting off and becomes oily.. it is also red all over my nose so its like I'm Rudolph with an oily face?? ZERO SENSE. I need a good skin routine and a proper foundation that has worked for you. THANKS! I have been struggling with these issues since I was a teen I am DREAMING of finally getting the right products
see post
Drunk Elephant Framboos serum with Sunday Riley Luna Oil??? can be use together??
hi...can the drunk elephant framboos serum use together with the sunday riley Luna Oil? thanks for the help 
see post
Lip Liner color match
What kind of lip liner works best with the burberry kisses rosewood lipstick, the burberry kisses pale beige lipstick, and the sephora collection rogue chic matte lipsticks?
see post
Palm Oil free makeup line
Hi, I'm looking for a makeup line that is palm oil free, does this exist? I'm needing a liquid foundation that is palm oil free, but more importantly I'm trying to find a company that is environmentally friendly. 
see post
Natasha Denona 10 metal/shimmer palette question
I just got this pallet and I am really disappointed in need advice I used it this morning for the first time with Smashbox 24 primer and my finger and it was gone within the first hour. I use palettes from UD ( all the naked's and vices), two faced, ABS, BOTH MODERN REN AND MARIO, Kat Von D, you get the idea. I've never had an eyeshadow not last all day.  Also used UD makeup setting spray as usual.  What am I doing wrong?  I've heard such great things about her palettes so I was wondering how others are getting her shadows to last more than an hour. It was embarrassing to have my shadow partly gone by time I got to work and it looked awful.  Any ideas?  Don't like returning things but this cost too much if I can't get it to work?  Thanks
see post
cover fx drops
  If I am a fawn in SEPHORA COLLECTION Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation what color would I be in th...
see post
foundation shade darker?
Hello, I am about to purchase bare minerals foundation powder in matte for winter. I bought the fairly light. I like it. It matches. But was wondering if I went a little darker would it look messy? Any advice? Also purchasing seduction by kat von d the refill. Tried it at the store and fell in love. Wondering if that would look good together.
see post