• sangova
  • lmi82
  • Sonny4President
  • Loretta55
  • Spalding
Ask the Experts
ilovpurses
Beauty over 50
Well that was the most depressing hour of my life. I decided to google "beauty over 50" and I just feel like shooting myself lol. Apparently I'm supposed to wear tinted moisturizer (no foundation), 1-2 at most neutral eye shadows (no color under any circumstances) and forget about lipstick with color. Yes maam - keep that whole face as boring as neutral as possible.   You guys have no idea how this does NOT jive with my personality. I've worn makeup my entire life and I cannot tell you how often I've had ppl come up to me if I'm at a makeup counter and ask me for advice because they thought I worked there.    I understand at my ripe old age of 50 I shouldn't be glowing in the dark decked out with sparkles and glitter but my God, I just bought the Marc Jacobs Siren palette and I love it!! But apparently I should gather up all my non neutral makeup and bury it in the backyard.   Say it isn't so. 
see post
Smokey123
BEAUTY SAVANT Smokey123 / BEAUTY SAVANT BEAUTY SAVANT / replied
I'm 45 and have a fairly good complexion and very few lines on my face. I still like to use some shimmery colors and even conservatively use a glittery eyeliner on my up... see post
abbyclemens01
Semester Long Study Abroad Trip: Product Suggestions for Face Makeup Routine
I am a 20 year old college student and am going on a semester long study abroad trip to Europe this fall, and would like suggestions for a quick, easy, and long-lasting face makeup routine? Also, I have acne prone and dry skin, so I would need products that cover my blemishes, would not worsen acne, and would moisturize my skin. Thank you! 
see post
redwagon44
BEAUTY GURU redwagon44 / BEAUTY GURU BEAUTY GURU / replied
I went snowboarding on a slightly warmer (like 50 degrees) yet cloudy day in shorts and a tank top and got the worst sunburn of my life. Learn from my failure! see post
RyCoBlake
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder VS MUFE HD Microfinish Loose Powder?
I'm 51 years old w/ a fair/light complextion and dry skin. I want a setting powder that does not turn my sheer to med. foundation coverage completely matte but allows some of the 'dewy' moist look to remain. Which of these powders is best for that OR is there another powder you would recommend?
see post
m3rma1d
BEAUTY MASTER m3rma1d / BEAUTY MASTER BEAUTY MASTER / replied
^^Same!!  see post
hannasilkwood
Best Cream Foundation?
I am always watching Wayne Goss on YouTube and love the idea of using a cream foundation. Any recommendations? I have combination - oily skin and am not very sensitive. 
see post
andyhtrieu
BEAUTY GURU andyhtrieu / BEAUTY GURU BEAUTY GURU / replied
I love RCMA foundations. It's extremely pigmented and you only need a little bit to cover your entire face. It's considered "stage" makeup to consumers, but it's an esse... see post
lissa5314
Algentist Genius cream substitute
I love Algenist's Genius cream but sadly it's too expensive. Does anyone know of a comparable cream?
see post
lissa5314
SCENE QUEEN lissa5314 / SCENE QUEEN SCENE QUEEN / replied
Thank you Randee! I appreciate the advise.   Thanks again, Melissa see post
meagboho
Can I Pull Off...?
Hey peeps!  I've noticed quite a few of these posts, and was thinking it might be nice to a have a thread for people to ask other's opinions on how certain features/skin tones look with products we may want to try.   Or...it'll end up being just another enabling thread...  
see post
meagboho
BEAUTY PRO meagboho / BEAUTY PRO BEAUTY PRO / replied
Hahaha awesome!  see post
liveinlovexx
Clarisonic plus body brush issue! Has anyone had this happen?
I bought the Clarisonic plus a few weeks ago, and so far I like it, not so much love yet but its growing on me! Anyways, I recently had an issue where I tried to use my body brush in the shower and it kept stopping within a few seconds after turning on. I hadnt charged it in a while and when I checked the battery light it was on the lowest one and it was flickering, so I shrugged it off blaming it on low battery. However the face brush stayed on, yet I am guessing it doesnt need as much power. Well today I used my Clarisonic Body Brush in the shower again, worked just fine, had like three lights on. When my fiance went to use the body brush later that night it worked for the first three minute cycle, flashing two lights, but then kept turning off mid cycle. This time the brush still had two lights remaining... Obviously not being fully empty. Thoughts as to why this is happening? Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!
see post
lindabar
SCENE QUEEN lindabar / SCENE QUEEN SCENE QUEEN / replied
I too am having issues. I am on my 2nd Clarisonic Plus. In a month. My issue is with body brush. It will run 1 three minute cycle. If I try to run it again it turns itse... see post
sayreah
Moisturizer recommendation for acne prone/oily/dry patches
I need a recommendation for a moisturizer or moisturizer regimen for someone that is acne prone. I have oily skin but with pretty dry patches.
see post
laurabt
laurabt BEAUTY ADVISOR / BEAUTY ADVISOR BEAUTY ADVISOR / replied
Hi sayreah, I recommend these anti-acne moisturizers: Murad Anti-Aging Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 PA+++ Philosophy Clear Days Ahead™ Oil-Free Salicylic Aci... see post
CBringing
Smudge Pot
I'm using stila smudge pot for eye liner.  Can I add water to get a thin line if smudge pot seems dry? Thanks
see post
gogreyhound
BEAUTY MASTER gogreyhound / BEAUTY MASTER BEAUTY MASTER / replied
yes, that is my biggest concern. When the items are manufactured, they have just the right amount of everything, including preservatives. Adding water will introduce new... see post
celogrl
Need help with foundation shade.
Hello- I am interested in trying Too Faced's new Cocoa Powder Foundation.  Since my skin has been analyzed at Sephora as a 2Y05, hopefully you can suggest a great color match for me in this new powder.  Thank you!
see post
celogrl
SCENE QUEEN celogrl / SCENE QUEEN SCENE QUEEN / replied
RandeeBT- thank you!  I am off to order it now.  Foundation that smells like chocolate?  Count me in, lol. see post
poemelyric
What would I be in Dolce and Gabbana Matte Foundation
I'm going to Finland in October and right now, my color  IQ is only showing the colors that would look good in during my summer shades.  It says that I should wear Golden Honey because in the summer, Kat Von D Deep 66 kinda matches my skin tone (it's still a little bit dark but is passable).  But when I tried to look up my old MUFE fall/winter color (dark beige), it also gives me golden honey.  I don't think that's right but the next color up is soft tan and I know that would be too light (I don't consider myself tan"). No one is carrying D&G in store for me to try out (no stores that I could find) so what would be my best bet for a fall,matte color?  I want to try to stay with D&G because I'm dying to try their line since I'\ve heard that they are spectacular.
see post
theregularnew
Best primer for oily skin?
So, I have problem skin with acne and redness. Every morning I wash, apply benzoyl peroxide and then lotion.    I've tried a few primers like Prime Time, the Smashbox Photo Finish in light and original, and various samples that I can't remember. Within 2-3 hrs any makeup I use looks like it's melting off.   The only one I've found that keeps my makeup in place is the Smashbox Photo Finish More than Primer - Blemish Control. The problem with this is I hate the initial application of it. My face is already dry from washing and treating it, then this primer takes away any moisture I had from my lotion. I've mixed lotion in with it (as well as Macs Strobe Cream) and that helps some but not enough to give a smooth makeup application (it feels like my brush is dragging against dry skin, especially around pimples.) The only reason I keep using this is because the dryness of it does come in handy by the end of the day.    BUT, I'm hoping there is a better primer out there that can give me a nice moisturizing feel in the mornings while still keeping control of my oil in the afternoons. Any advice?   I use Lancome Teint Idole Ultra foundation. I also use Skindinavia makeup setting spray.
see post
RandeeBT
RandeeBT BEAUTY ADVISOR / BEAUTY ADVISOR BEAUTY ADVISOR / replied
Hi  theregularnew!    I have combination to oily skin and I love Laura Mercier's primers. For the days, I want a little more of a glow to my skin, I will use Lau... see post
Pattyk999
Replacement for Tarte recreate foundation warm bisque 06
I'm looking for a comparable foundation to replace the discontinued tarte recreate foundation, warm bisque 06. When I heard that it was being discontinued, I purchased several bottles of it and now, sadly, I've reached the end of it. Could you please suggest something similar in texture and color (yellow not pink undertones)? Thank you so much! Patty
see post
RandeeBT
Hi Pattyk999!   I would be happy to recommend something similar for you to try! Are you looking for another liquid foundation that is comparable to the Tarte Recreat... see post
christineew27
Stye
I've been getting styes around my eyes lately and I know for a fact I've been cleaning and washing off my makeup daily and I never skip a day also I am very careful to keep my hands clean while removing my contacts. But why is it that I am still getting a stye?! And does anyone have this problems as well? I've heard that there are some chemical in some eye makeups that can cause others to have stye? If this is true, can anyone tell me what is the chemical that I would need to be aware of?
see post
beauty4ashes
HALL OF FAMER beauty4ashes / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
I too recommend seeing your ophthalmologist ASAP for a thorough eye exam to rule out any underlying ocular surface or lid margin conditions. Recurring styes aren't to be... see post
CORPORATEK
Blush colors for Auburn hair, Hazel eyes, Yellow/Neutral undertones
Hi,   I feel like I always choose blush colors that are too light (aka Nars Sex Appeal) that just disappear on my skin.   Any recommendations for Auburn hair, Hazel eyes, Yellow/Neutral undertones, Very fair, slightly ruddy???!!!!   THANKS!!!
see post
RandeeBT
Hi  CORPORATEK!   The NARS Blush in Deep Throat would be beautiful on you! It is a very soft peachy pink. :)   I also think that the Sephora Collection M... see post
Shaelynn
What are some of the best products for dealing with dry, dehydrated skin?
I have dry and dehydrated skin from living in the cold winters of Canada and from drinking little water. I've started becoming healthier and began drinking more water, which has made my skin a lot better but it's still red and a bit dry. What are some really good products that will fix this and give me that naturally beautiful skin that all the SA's have? I thought it would be best if I asked here. When I got my last makeover the people helping me, as nice as they were, didn't do too many favors for my skin. Despite using products to stop the dryness my skin was dryer when I walked out than when I walked in. 
see post
lylysa
HALL OF FAMER lylysa / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
Whether you begin to incorporate oils which are rich in essential fatty acids or humectants such as hyaluronic acid/sodium hyaluronate (which draws 1000x its own weight ... see post
andyhtrieu
My sister needs help
My sister needs help balancing her skin out. She has an oily AND dry t-zone because of a minor acne. She has dry skin at the center of her forehead, between the eye brows, on her nose, and her skin.   She has a hard time sticking to skin routines because she sometimes goes out and doesn't come home, so her basic routine is: Neutrogena makeup remover wipes Clean & Clear Daily Pore Cleanser  Paula's Choice 2% BHA exfoliant Simple Light Moisturizer or Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion Tretinoin (only when she needs it) I don't have a solution for her ):   She also can't wear some liquid foundations because they emphasize dry skin
see post
RandeeBT
Hi Andy!   You have already received some great suggestions, but I will give you some advice as well! I think the makeup remover wipes are only good for incredib... see post
dibbs98
Reduce Redness After Working out
Is there a product either cream or wipe that will reduce redness immediately after working out? I have very light skin and when I workout I get very red and it can take 30-40 mins post workout to get back to normal. I would love to find a product that would help reduce that time frame to make working out over lunch and prior to work in the morning easier. Would love suggestions. 
see post
beauty4ashes
Does this mean you don't wear make-up & just looking for reversing the vasodilatation effect? The blood circulation on your face is good for you! I really wouldn't rec... see post
jeannetteb
Oh my Gosh.....a little help,Please....
Ok started looking for a highlight pencil for under my eyebrow.....am probably going with Anastasia Brow Duality, over Benefits High Brow... but as I started looking at the Benefits line, I found it somewhat confusing....so do people actually buy stay don't stray, as well as erase paste, as well as the eye brightener.....anyways, my question,  which of these Benefits products should I start with? I am looking for a great face moisturizer, primer, brightener and tint, all in one would be FABULOUS! And it doesn't have to be just the Benefits line. And the best eye primer, brightener so that my makeup stays put? Thanx!!!!! MOST appreciated! Also, I am 57, so I would like to keep it age appropriate, Thank You!!!!
see post
beauty4ashes
WOW! I can't recommend anything. I'm just amazed how beautiful you are...57? I want answers from YOU!  see post
feversea
Is there a primer that's similar to Kat Von D's Rehab Priming Elixir?
Hi everyone! I recently received an email from Sephora that Kat Von D's Rehab Priming Elixir has been discontinued, and I am just heartbroken. I don't think anything else goes with the Lock-It Tattoo Foundation as much as it did. Does anyone know why it went out of stock or if it will ever be back in stock? I'm afraid that I'm just gonna have to suck it up and find a new holy grail primer.   I have oily and acne prone skin. I have tried many primers out there. Benefit's The Porefessional and Too Faced Primed & Poreless- makes ANY makeup melt off of my face and I think it feels like grease. Smashbox More Than Primer Blemish Control feels a little sticky on my skin. Bareminerals Prime Time oil control primer is okay. Make Up For Ever's HD Microperfecting primer is good. But neither of these did what the Rehab Priming Elixir has done for me. Can anyone recommend something similar?
see post
RandeeBT
Hi feversea!   I recommend trying Too Faced's Primed & Poreless Pure Oil-Free Skin Smoothing Face Primer For Sensitive Skin. I think this primer has a similar textur... see post
gabichka
Clear hydrated photo shopped skin naturally
I constantly break out from acne it's on my cheeks and my chin, I just want something to wash my face with or a treatment but something to end this cycle of breaking out it at least help me get clear skin. I use the ClarisImpact it doesn't work. My face is very sensitive and the philosophy burned it. I use ren, I used murad I used a bunch of others and it doesn't help. Please help me with a good product. Also I have dry skin.
see post
jemly
BEAUTY BUFF jemly / BEAUTY BUFF BEAUTY BUFF / replied
hi gabichka. can you please give us more information of your daily routine. am/pm. how long you tried the murad and ren before deciding they didn't work ? which of their... see post
mymax
Long-lasting Perfume
I am looking for a new perfume, most of all one that lasts. I tried Narcisco Rodriquez Her in store and loved it, but now I am unsure, because the online reviews say that the smell doesn't last. Since it is expensive, I would want it to last quite a while.   Do you guys have any recommendations? I currently have Miss Dior Cherie and Bronze Goddess by Estee Lauder.
see post
ghkim
HALL OF FAMER ghkim / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
i find that narcisco rodriguez edt lasts plenty long on me. the edp in this case is a distinctly different scent to me. is there any way you can get a sample to try it b... see post
sangriana
Q. Buxom Lash vs Urban Decay Lush Lash mascaras
Hello, I am wondering how the Buxom Lash mascara and Urban Decay Lush Lash mascara would compare. They have very similar hourglass brushes. I have been using Buxom Lash, and really like it. Should I stick with Buxom Lash or try the Urban Decay one?
see post
RandeeBT
RandeeBT BEAUTY ADVISOR / BEAUTY ADVISOR BEAUTY ADVISOR / answered
A. Hi sangriana!   I love both of the mascaras, but I definitely prefer the Urban Decay Lush Lash mascara over the Buxom mascara. The Urban Decay Lush Lash mascara has ... see post
etscore1
Matching vs. Contrasting Undertones of Eye/Cheek/Lip colors
Do you tend to match or contrast the undertones in the various shades you apply to your face? Not relative to skin tone, but relative to one another?   I hadn't thought about it before today but for some reason on my drive to work I started wondering if people tended to, or there were any "rules" (unwritten, of course) regarding coordinating the undertones of eyeshadow, cheek and lip colors.    Do you consciously or unconsciously opt for coordinating or contrasting warm and cool undertoned color products? 
see post
RandeeBT
Hi etscore1!   I personally try to match the undertones in my makeup to one another. If I am wearing cool toned eyeshadow, I try and select a cool-toned blush or lip... see post
gingaaa
Searching for a serum that has retinol, but no vitamin C or AHA's
My skin is very sensitive and retinol is the only anti-aging ingredient that I don't have an allergic reaction to.  Vitamin C and AHA's make me break out and sometimes give me blisters.  I've scoured ingredient lists when using the search tool, but would love some recommendations.  I wish there was an option to choose both ingredient preferences and dislikes when searching.  
see post
gingaaa
BEAUTY PRO gingaaa / BEAUTY PRO BEAUTY PRO / replied
I will defiantly look into this serum.  I've already built a pretty decent tolerance to retinol and really believe in its ability to smooth the skin.  Thank you so much ... see post
Addicted2pearls
Beach Photo shoot
Help! I have a photo shoot taking place in Rarotonga, and i need something that will give the model a nice shimmer   The shoot will take place mostly at the beach (sand and in the water)    I am looking for a product that will give her a nice shimmer to enhance the pics I have seen so many awesome pics with models all shimmered up and tanned, at the same time the model herself is a nice tan color already so something subtle but visible would be great!  The closest i can describe what i am looking for is the look charlize theron had in her Jadore campaign.   What do you suggest?
see post
RandeeBT
I have tried the St. Tropez Self Tanning Luxe Oil and it is a beautiful product as well! I prefer the scent of the NARS Body Glow to the St. Tropez one though. :)  see post
basmelech
beginner to makeup
hi! funny-- though i am turning 17 in less than two months i have not yet begun to wear makeup. i have dark brown hair, eyes and fairly dark coloring (always attempting to tan ). i am looking for a sophisticated, simple, a touch more than natural look (i dont find the purple eyeshadow, pink cheeks and lips attractive) for a makeup design. if you have the time, what do you recommend?  thank you. 
see post
lylysa
Hi, Basmelech!   In addition to the advice provided so far, I would to like add that I hope your attempts at tanning is through means of self-tanners, sprays, gels, lo... see post
rubydanielle
facial sweat
i tend to get a lot of facial sweat when i go out. is there a product that help prevent some of the sweat?
see post
lylysa
Hey there, RubyDanielle!   Is the matter of excessive sweating when you're outdoors something that affects your entire body, or even portions of your body, as well as ... see post
rudolph
Kat V D lock it tattoo foundation help with color
I need help with a color match for kat v d lock it tattoo foundation I am medium complexion with yellow undertones and lightly tan. any suggestions please?
see post
RandeeBT
Hi mnwoolley,   I answered your question here>http://bit.ly/1jub1H0. see post
Karolina44
which translucent powder is good for red lipstick prep?
RandeeBT
HI Karolina44!    I recommend trying Laura Mercier's Translucent Loose Setting Powder to help set your red lipstick.  see post