• einai
  • IRISHQUEEN
Ask the Experts
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
JamieBelle
Non -comedogenic powder?
So I am currently using Epiduo (to get rid of acne as recommended by my doctor) and I want to wear light makeup just to make my face look a little better and not so red. When using Epiduo, you are only supposed to wear non-comedogenic makeup. So I was looking for a BB cream and powder that are non-comedogenic. I found the Aveeno clear complexion BB cream which is non-comedogenic (which I haven't bought yet), so I thought I would try that. But I have yet to find a non-comedogenic powder. Know any good ones? Also if anyone else is using Epiduo, let me know your experience with wearing makeup, I'm a kind of scared because I only wear mascara right now and my skin is so sensitive that it hurts a little to remove it.
see post
andyhtrieu
HALL OF FAMER andyhtrieu / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
You can try the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. It's great for everyday wear because it has light/medium coverage and it feels really light on the skin. It has eno... see post
fluffymuha
What do I wear to a Sephora interview?
I got an interview, guys! I'm, as they say, scaroused. I'm so scared to mess up! What do I wear?? Should I put on a bit more makeup to show them I'm a serious addict? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
see post
emmohh
BEAUTY PRO emmohh / BEAUTY PRO BEAUTY PRO / replied
Ahhhh CONGRATS!   I would do your makeup in a way that best represents who your are. From what I'm told, Sephora is more sales orientated anyways and hires people who ... see post
Steffienurse84
Which Make Up is Best?????
I am looking for a good foundation to make my skin look flawless, I was using Covergirl but I want something more medium to full coverage. I'm very pale, you can actually see the veins at the corners of my eyes and mouth. I also have oily, uneven skin, dark puffy circles under my eyes (that are hereditary) and I'm starting to get crow's feet! I've tried Lorac foundation and hated it, it caked really badly. I want a make up that is going to go on smooth and matte and not crease or wear off. I also need advice on a good primer.
see post
Steffienurse84
Steffienurse84 / NEWCOMER / replied
Thank you everyone for your awesome feedback, I really appreciate it :) As for my skincare routine, it's pretty rigorous. I cleanse my face every morning, use retinol cr... see post
jzzbby369
Wanna use primer but very oily skin
Hi I'm new here.  I'm looking to start using a primer but I've never used that before.  My skin is very oily and usually whithin 2-3 hours my foundation stops working.  My face will start getting oily again.  Or are there any other suggestions to help my makeup last longer and face less oily??
see post
melissabt
melissabt BEAUTY ADVISOR / BEAUTY ADVISOR BEAUTY ADVISOR / replied
Hi Jzzbby369,   A primer will really help your foundation stay on and make it go on more smoothly. I suggest the Sephora Collection Anti-Shine Foundation Primer. You... see post
sweepea32
best tarte color/shade blush for redness/slight roscea
I recently bought tarte liquid foundation-tan honey shade. At the store she put a blush on me (I didn't buy it then) copied down the shade and LOST the name. It was tarte and perfect for my skin tone. I have a reddened tone and the foundation was great but the blush that was a non-pink color helped my skin tone also. Any ideas what shade I should buy for the blush and not redden my skin color to help compliment the foundation? thanks!!
see post
sweepea32
sweepea32 / NEWCOMER / replied
I sadly don't recall. But there were no samples of it and she gave me a sample of tarte cheek stain in FLUSH and told me it was a similiar color and I could use that for... see post
ashe18
IN DESPERATE NEED OF HAIR TREATMENT ADVICE/SUGGESTIONS
So I desperately need either a leave on conditioner treatment, mask or oil for my hair. I get split ends like crazy(i guess it doesn't help that I straighten out my hair often) also maybe if I could know of any hair product that also helps with frizzy and really wavy hair. Thank you I'd really appreciate it! 
see post
jemly
BEAUTY SAVANT jemly / BEAUTY SAVANT BEAUTY SAVANT / replied
we all hear it all the time, but your hair will appear to grow faster once you cut off the spit ends ! it's not that it's literally growing faster, but with healthier ha... see post
KJ1000
HOW TO GET RID OF WRINKLES/LINES UNDER EYES?
For quite a while I've had lines/wrinkles under my eyes and i can't understand why. I'm 18, what would you recommend to get rid of them?
see post
HarlemJPN
BEAUTY GURU HarlemJPN / BEAUTY GURU BEAUTY GURU / replied
And use sunscreen every single day of every single year -- including around the eyes! see post
mrsgina
Can anyone recommend a retinol cream
Looking for a retinol cream for sensitive skin, that doesn't have tons of other frills.
see post
mrsbaine
HALL OF FAMER mrsbaine / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
Another option is Algenist's Retinol firming and lifting serum. It's a bit creamier than most Retinol treatments and it really works on overall tone fine lines. I've use... see post
GinaCliffe
Please help me re-creat this look
My sister loves this look and I have to re-create it for her for an event on Friday. I've tried it on myself a few times but just can't get that purple right. Any suggestions? Does anybody out there know which purple this is...brand? Thanks in advance!!
see post
melissabt
Hi Ginacliffe,   Also if you want it to look more purple, try using a liner or jumbo pencil as a base. I recommend still using an eye shadow primer underneath these.... see post
Sunflowerglow
I'm a medium beige in Bareminerals...what shade for Nars Radient creamy concealer??
I'm a medium Beige in Bareminerals....what shade would I be in Nars Radient Creamy Concealer???  
see post
laurabt
laurabt BEAUTY ADVISOR / BEAUTY ADVISOR BEAUTY ADVISOR / replied
Hi Sunflowerglow. I recommend the color Custard or Ginger in the Nars Creamy Concealer.  Try it out in the store first to make sure you get the right match! :) -Laur... see post
RedFoxHeidi
Streamlining face makeup routine- with consideration for acne.
Hellooo Beauty Talk!   I recently posted asking for the best all-in-one foundation so I can streamline the routine. I've been using a drugstore set (Maybelline Fit Me) out of habit and want to step up my game. Andy reccomended NARS and I'm pretty jazzed about its great reviews, but I guess I really can't do JUST foundation. Here's the lowdown:   I'm working on clearing up my acne (yay, being responsible and washing my face every day), so I'd like to keep as few products on my face as possible, while still hiding what blemishes I have until I have better skin. BB's and CC's just don't provide heavy enough coverage as much as I like their multitasking abilities. So, based on rudimentary research and what I know, I'd like to streamline the face to a primer and foundation, and powder if I MUST, though I'd like to avoid it. I'm considering using a Smashbox Primer, either the Photo Finish More Than Primer - Blemish Control, or Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer. Do I need to use a salicylic acid moisturizer if I use the Blemish Control primer? Can I use the Color Correcting primer all over or just red spots?   After this, foundation per earlier post.   Finally, I'm guessing powder is completely optional depending on if I like how my foundation finishes. Right?   If anyone is going through something similar, has multitasking product reccomendations, or advice in general, I could really use it!   XO RedFoxHeidi
see post
TheSocialQuota
BEAUTY WHIZ TheSocialQuota / BEAUTY WHIZ BEAUTY WHIZ / replied
BM Mineral Veil is more expensive per ounce than Meteorites but you can purchase in smaller amounts loose or packed. Has no discernible scent and helps set my other prod... see post
sammy1430
Shade foundation help
Currently wear bare minerals matte in golden medium want to try Bobbi browns foundation stick.  The shade "natural" seems closest or shall I go with warm natural or something else?
see post
RandeeBT
RandeeBT BEAUTY ADVISOR / BEAUTY ADVISOR BEAUTY ADVISOR / replied
Hi sammy1430,    I think the shade Beige in Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation Stick will be the closest shade to the Bare Minerals Matte Foundation in Golden Medium. :) see post
sharma
I am the shade 3.5 in YSL Touche Eclat, what would be my shade in Dior Radiance Booster pen?
RandeeBT
Hi Sharma,   If you use the shade 3.5 in YSL's Touche Eclat, I recommend trying the shade Vanilla Glow in Dior's Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen. :) see post
ilovpurses
New Fresh Lip Serum and lip conditioner
I kind of have 2 questions - I am using the Fresh Lip Serum every night - am I understanding correctly that you should use a lip balm/conditioner over it?    If so, that's my second question - recommendations. I have used Fresh's Advanced lip conditioner and I do like it but just looking to try something else.   I don't want SPF as I only use this at night, and I don't like pots - I like products in tubes that I can apply directly to my lips. I also don't like anything too wet and gooey. I bought MACs Lip Conditioner and I hate how gooey it is.    Any suggestions besides the Fresh ones? 
see post
RandeeBT
Hi ilovpurses,   I really like First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Lip Therapy. This lip conditioner does not contain any SPF and does not feel sticky or heavy on the li... see post
mavonne
which shade in Bobbi Brown corrector???
I have a light complexion with yellow undertone. I use the Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation in the shade fair-light neutral and Nars moisturizer in the shade  Alaska . My UNDER EYE CIRCLE is really bad... I tried the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard, but it did not really help with my dark circles. That's when I decided to get this corrector. But I am really confused about he shades chooses. Should I get in Light to Medium Bisque or peach or what?
see post
waterbaby1981
HALL OF FAMER waterbaby1981 / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
I have fair skin with pink undertones and use Porcelain Bisque when my dark circles are really bad.  My sister uses Alaska and has yellow undertones like you do and uses... see post
sheila1011
Recommendations for red eyeshadow.
I'm looking for a really good red eyeshadow. I bought Poppy from MUFE, but I think it's too orange. I don't want to buy any Halloween makeup because I really want red in my eye color rotation. Any suggestions?
see post
aviscardi
HALL OF FAMER aviscardi / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
Ouh do you have a swatch of that, its on my list lol. Also another cherry color listed below from mufe   and how red are you looking , like MUG bitten or much brighter... see post
pvbgal
if you had to put together a "grab & go" makeup bag, what would be in it?
End0ra
BEAUTY MASTER End0ra / BEAUTY MASTER BEAUTY MASTER / replied
It depends how much color you want in your life.  If you just want to go with neutrals, there are sooo many good palettes out there.  Smashbox has just put out a travel ... see post
EPaden
Cellulite or whatever
I keep seeing stuff for your butt area. Not sure if I'm calling it right 'cellulite'? How do you know if you need it? What are products supposably to do? What would you recommend for sensitive skin people?  
see post
fluffymuha
BEAUTY BOSS fluffymuha / BEAUTY BOSS BEAUTY BOSS / replied
That's usually my criteria when I go out shopping! Something nice for my face. Or shoes. :D see post
Shaelynn
Do I need to book an appointment or anything for a lesson on how to apply fake eyelashes?
Do I need to call or book an appointment to get a tutorial on how to apply fake eyelashes?
see post
kevinbt
kevinbt BEAUTY ADVISOR / BEAUTY ADVISOR BEAUTY ADVISOR / replied
Hi Shaelynn! Yes! You will need to book an appointment with your local store for this. :) Go ahead and click on the link to get started with your reservation!    htt... see post
ashleenicoleex3
Foundation Help!
What goes on less cakey? Powder/ Mineral foundation or Liquid? i'm struggling so much with liquid foundation because it looks sort of cakey and textured.. How can I fix that?
see post
andyhtrieu
HALL OF FAMER andyhtrieu / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
Is your skin already textured and bumpy? What's your current skincare routine? If it's not the foundation, it could be your skincare.  see post
eckztasy
I have questions about the smashbox liquid halo hd foundation.
So i received a sample of the smashbox liquid halo hd foundation and i loved it. i was reading the reviews for the smashbox studio skin 15 hour wear as well and i decided i'd rather get that. The problem is that I don't know my color in the studio skin. with the liquid halo hd, i am a shade 2, what would be closest to my shade in the studio skin?
see post
laurabt
Hi eckztasy, I recommend the color 2.2 - light golden beige in the Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation. :) -Laura see post
nanwar
makeup for mom
Hi My mom has normal to dry skin. But she sweats alot on her face and has large pores and discolorations on her cheeks and dark lids. I'm looking for a) a good primer for her pores...would benefit porefessional do the job? b) a full coverage concealer that hides her discolorations well ...I ordered tartes maracuja creasless concealer should I stick with it or go with another one? 
see post
RandeeBT
Hi nanwar,   I recommend using this peel just once a week. It's pretty strong, so you don't want to overdo it.  see post
fortysixandtool
Color probs
What is the best red color for pale skin I have heard a orange red lip stick is the best I can't seem to find anything!
see post
RandeeBT
Hi fortysixandtool!   I think the red you choose should really depend on your undertone and how fair your skin is. I have found that redheads look really great in ne... see post
itslily
Any recommendations for a body balm/lotion to hide stretch marks/make skin look more even?
Hey guys,   Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a body balm or lotion that would help cover up stretch marks or make skin tone look more even? I'm a light medium tone.   I've already tried Matte body perfection gel by PERFEKT but I think it looked sort of orange on the skin. Didn't look too natural & really had to work it into the skin.
see post
melissabt
Hi Itslily,   I agree with Randee's suggestion! I also like adding a small bit of Uplight to add an over all glow to the skin. You can mix a bit on the back of your ... see post
EPaden
Bumps
I wonder what the small bumps under my eyes are. What can be done- sensitive skin? Picture might be hard to tell.  
see post
EPaden
BEAUTY PRO EPaden / BEAUTY PRO BEAUTY PRO / replied
I think got one or two more but other then that the same. They don't get worst or anything just chilling like always. Anything I can do to help them? see post
Kristeelee
Acne scars
I have terrible acne scars on my face and was wondering what would be the best concealer for covering it up?
see post
killerteeth
BEAUTY WHIZ killerteeth / BEAUTY WHIZ BEAUTY WHIZ / replied
Hi Kristeelee,  I second what @andyhtrieu said.  Having had plenty of acne scars myself, I recommend the Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation.  It is CRAZY full coverage, so if... see post
bv1890
Sensitive skin with redness
I have super dry, super flaky sensitive skin around nose with lots of redness. What's the best concealer for my redness without irritating my sensitive skin?
see post
killerteeth
BEAUTY WHIZ killerteeth / BEAUTY WHIZ BEAUTY WHIZ / replied
Hi! My skin is sensitive and dry too.  Another person here recommended facial oils to take care of the dryness-- and face oils have saved my skin. Don't worry-- they won... see post
Lucytootoo
Eyeshadow colour recommendation
Please recommend a sephora eyeshadow to use under brows that goes with Midnight Kiss No 29 and Malted Milkshake No. 94
see post
laurabt
Hi Lucytootoo, I included pics of the No. 29 Midnight Kiss and No. 94 Malted Milkshake on the right for reference. I'm not sure if you plan on wearing these colors tog... see post
camilamies
Bridal makeup trial gone wrong... HELP!!!
Hi ladies, I had a makeup trial for my wedding, and it didn't went as well as I expected. The picture was taken just a few minutes after the MUA had finished.  Let me tell you:   1- My foundation set into fine lines a LOT... and Im just 25!! Do you know if there is any special product that I can use to avoid this to happen on my big day?    2. My makeup didn't last... neither the eyeshadows or the foundation lasted more than 4 hours. Of course a wedding last a LOT more than that, so I ask you to please help me with products what will make my makeup last longer.   I have combination skin and rosacea. Very oily nose, and the rest is very dry PLEASE HELP!!!     
see post
lylysa
HALL OF FAMER lylysa / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
Even though this trial wasn't a success, I feel you are certainly on the right track in terms of approaching things. :)   Best of luck and from the sounds of it, you s... see post
jenna055
Clarisonic delicate or sensitive brush?????
So I've been using my Clarisonic Mia 2 for about 3 weeks now with the sensitive brush head. For the past week and a half, I've been breaking out like crazy on my forehead (which is very unusual) and getting a few pimples on my chin and cheeks. Do you think this is due to the brush being too harsh for me or do you think this is the "purging" stage that so many people experience? Should I switch brushes or wait it out? Does anyone have any personal experiences similar???
see post
RandeeBT
Hi jenna055!   When I first started using my Clarisonic device, I did have a purging period of about 3 to 4 weeks. How often are you using your Clarisonic? I recomme... see post