My BeautyTalk Profile
Who's Online / 11,102 users
Ask the Experts
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
WHATS THE BEST UNDER EYE COVER UP? I HAVE BOBBI BROWN AND IT DOES NOT APPLY WELL
I have bobbi brown cover up for under eyes and i find it very pasty and hard to apply. What the best solution to  dark circles and best eye cream for puffy eyes with out breaking the bank
see post
JENINEB / NEWCOMER / replied
Hi- I've noticed the same thing, it's so thick and doesn't go on well. It collects in the little creases. I'd love to know the answer to this question!  see post
Hourglass blush
Hi - I would like to purchase hourglass blush but need advice. I am of mature skin that is olive and tanned and a little dry. What color would you recommend?
see post
Canadian Subscription Boxes
Canadian BTers who get subscription boxes, which are your favourites?   I want to jump on the bandwagon, but money is tight so if I'm going to only pick one, which should it be?   And while we're on the subject, I know Birchbox is now available in Canada... are there any other US ones you wish we could get?
see post
combining anti aging products
Hi. I was wondering if I can use:clinique clinical dark spot corrector and algenist retinol serum together with the perricone photo plasma kit.     
see post
Makeup
I need help.  I have brown hair, hazel eyes and fair skin.  What are some makeup advice for someone like me?  From eyes, blush, cover up and lips...
see post
BEAUTY PRO EPaden / BEAUTY PRO BEAUTY PRO / replied
I'm looking for something new. I have been wearing makeup for a long time. I'm in my thirty. see post
Best naked palette for neutral Asian skintone ?
  I Want to have the no make up to natural ,everyday looks as well neutral smokey looks but my skin is a neutral Asian yellow. which palette do I use to achieve the looks (I am also planning on getting naked basics for matte shades)
see post
BEAUTY MAVEN junee15 / BEAUTY MAVEN BEAUTY MAVEN / replied
As for the palettes, do you know any great oil free BB creams, concealers, and foundation? Would you prefer to have liquid or mineral foundation? Btw, I have oily skin. ... see post
Hi, my colour on Mac is NC45, what colour should I use on kat Von?
melissabt BEAUTY ADVISOR / BEAUTY ADVISOR BEAUTY ADVISOR / replied
Hi Angelistic,   Based on the shade that you currently wear, I recommend  Deep 68 which has a yellow/beige undertone! http://www.sephora.com/lock-it-tattoo-f... see post
Q. I need to add exfoliation and morning cleanse step...
I recently switched from using philosophy Purity and a Clarisonic with a "delicate" brush head to Ole Henriksen's Pure Truth 3-in-1 Melting cleanser (Gelee).  While I was in-store the Gelee was recommended to me on the discovery that I was probably stripping my face (it stung really badly when I put moisturizer on).     I love the way that the Gelee makes my face feel and the fact that my face is not red and super sensitive for over an hour after cleaning it.  The only downside it that I have yet to find an exfoliator and a gentle morning cleanser.   I have used philosophy's Micro-delivery exfoliating wash and several drugstore brands but they have all stripped my face to varying degrees and the Micro-delivery wash left my face red and hot to the touch for about 45 minutes.   I am looking for something that is gentle enough to smooth and refine my face, but not so harsh that it leaves my face red and stinging. Any suggestions?
see post
laurabt BEAUTY ADVISOR / BEAUTY ADVISOR BEAUTY ADVISOR / answered
A. Hi MissMoira, I have the perfect recommendations for you! AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel and REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask.   These both provide ge... see post
Everyday Foundation
I'm looking for an everyday foundation that I can use on a daily basis year around I'm looking for a natural semi dewy medium coverage that's doesn't make my face look dry ...I not a big fan of matte foundation I feel they make me look dry even though I apply primer and moisturizer on my face before foundation I want my skin to breathe a little bit. What foundation would you recommend for me to try and if it's a powder foundation how would I make it feel not so dry and look a little more dewy and moisturizing 
see post
RandeeBT BEAUTY ADVISOR / BEAUTY ADVISOR BEAUTY ADVISOR / replied
Hi MakeupHustle1,   My favorite foundation to wear on a daily basis is NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. This foundation gives the perfect light to medium coverage and loo... see post
Urban Decay Vice LTD
Can someone please tell me if the Vice LTD will become available for everyone at some point? Thanks!!!!!
see post
BEAUTY BOSS bea0t / BEAUTY BOSS BEAUTY BOSS / replied
Finally got shipping confirmation!!!! Delivery on Wednesday. Hope it arrives in one piece. see post
oil free concealer that wont cause further breakouts
Any recommendations for an oil free concealer for use only to cover a spot that wont cause further breakouts?
see post
NikaBT BEAUTY ADVISOR / BEAUTY ADVISOR BEAUTY ADVISOR / replied
Hi Challack,   I would recommend Cover FX Blemish Treatment Concealer, per your request it is oil-free, and it will help reduce the inflammation that occurs with act... see post
Bobbi Brown bronzing powder
I like the neutrality of the Bobbi Brown bronzing powder in Natural, but feel I have to apply too much to get the color I want. Is there a shade darker that will work better for me and not make me look pink or orange?
see post
Hi ACETOO!   This is kind of a tough question because the Bobbi Brown bronzers have very different undertones... If you wanted to try a different Bobbi Brown bronzer... see post
Kate Somerville's Eradikate Application
Can Kate Somerville's Eradikate be used on popped zits/open skin to fasten the drying and healing process or is it only to be applied on new/forming zits? Thanks!
see post
kevinbt BEAUTY ADVISOR / BEAUTY ADVISOR BEAUTY ADVISOR / replied
Hi Challack! I've used the product on both.  I wouldn't use it on top of a pimple that is still bleeding.  There could be some stinging associated with that, but if you ... see post
Kate Somerville Eradikate and Dermal Quench
Can Kate Somerville Eradikate be used in conjunction with Dermal Quench at night? If so, which should I apply first?
see post
SPECIAL GUEST Challack / SPECIAL GUEST SPECIAL GUEST / replied
Thanks for responding to my question.   I just realized that I left out that it was the dermal quench "clear" from Kate Somerville. Does that change anything?   T... see post
Primer
So I've recently started using foundation on my face and I've never used makeup before until recently, I'm going to buy primer to put under my foundation but i don't even know where to start! Is primer a moisturizer? Do different primers go with certain types of foundation? HELP 
see post
Hi Jazzper,   Certain primers do work well with certain types of foundations, however, I like to make sure to select the best primer for my skin type! What type of s... see post
Brushes!?
I really need good brushes to invest in other then Mac! What do you guys think about the Make up forever brushes, sigma and real techniques ? which are better? 
see post
Hi SammyCR!   I don't own any Make Up For Ever brushes but I will say that I really love the Sephora Collection brushes. You may want to get a brush set to really te... see post
Dull skin help
My skin is looking dull. I'm looking for something to give me a healthy glow or brighten up my skin. Any suggestions?
see post
Hi krisann20,   Do you exfoliate your skin regularly? I have found that when I exfoliate my skin regularly, my skin looks very bright and radiant! One of my favorite... see post
last minute emergency online return question
So I purchased a lot of stuff online (within the past 60 days) and I found better products from recommendations of a friend. I don't have the original box that the makeup was shipped in, but since it was an online purchase isn't the order recorded? I am hoping for store credit so I can buy products better suited for my skin.
see post
Hi princessbbgum,   Are you interested in returning these product online, or at the store? You can do either!   If you no longer have your invoice or your mercha... see post
Skin Care Routine??
Im thinking its about time to start actually having a skin care routine and all.   Ive seen everyones mask posts and all but still... Not sure where to start so i was wondering what everyone else does?   I do have combo skin,  oily forehead and nose, dry cheeks   What does everyone use or recommned??    As well does anyone know where I could get samples of skin products so i dont get stuck with full bottles or packs.  
see post
BEAUTY BUFF SimplyYulz / BEAUTY BUFF BEAUTY BUFF / replied
I actually just ordered the Sephora Favorites as well for face  for 58$ i don't think i can go wrong for what i get,  but ill definitely stop in to get some mask sample... see post
Foundation Help
I am in serious need of some foundation suggestions. I have somewhat oily skin (not awful though) and a few acne scars so I need something that is matte and has good coverage. I would prefer if it wasn't oily and I would LOVE if it made my skin look airbrushed.   Any suggestions?   Forever Grateful!!
see post
AshleyFloyd / NEWCOMER / replied
You should totally try bareMinerals Matte Foundation, ( Matte formula has more coverage than Original formula) it's super light and breathable while having amazing cover... see post
Best Naked palette for eye color?
My skintone is almost like light "Asian" yellow with brown eyes. Which Naked palette is best for neutral to smokey looks?the original naked or naked 2?  
see post
BEAUTY MAVEN junee15 / BEAUTY MAVEN BEAUTY MAVEN / replied
I'm actually a neutral asian yellow skin tone but i do have agree with you. i just checked a comparison between Naked and Naked 2 and i'm not really liking the metallic ... see post
what shade of concealer should i use from the urban decay line,im olive skin with yellow undertones
ZannaBT BEAUTY ADVISOR / BEAUTY ADVISOR BEAUTY ADVISOR / replied
Hi daynegirl,   I would recommend Medium Neutral in the Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer. This concealer does not have shades that are specifically ... see post
Live Beauty Chat with Benefit!
This chat is closed. It will open at 12 pm PST on 2/6/15.   Learn to grin and wear it with Benefit Global Beauty Authority Maggie Ford Danielson! Visit this thread on February 6 from 12­–1pm PST to live chat with the makeup expert herself. Ask her a beauty question, from how to define your brows to being your best BADgal self.   Be sure click "Follow this thread" on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.
see post
Lip Primer recommendation
I want a holy grail lip primer. I want one that is not drying (already suffering with dry lips and winter has barely begun). I want it to stop lipstick feathering and bleeding and lock in color so I'm not reapplying every hour.    I don't want it to be either slippery nor drying.    Is Guerlains Kiss Kiss worth a shot? 
see post
Hi ilovepurses,   One of my favorite lip primers is the one by Too Faced. Every time I use this primer I find that I do not have to reapply my lipstick.gloss that of... see post
If I am an nw 20 in mac with red undertones what color of Giorgio Armani luminous silk should I get?
Hi aaday,   I used to freelance for this brand many years ago and I think the shade that Randee and etscore1 recommended would be a great match for you! I also highl... see post
Live Skincare Chat with Fresh and GlamGlow!
    This chat is now closed. Thank you for your participation!    Transform your skin with high-performance ingredients that refresh the senses. Live chat with Fresh cofounders Lev Glazman and Alina Roytberg and GLAMGLOW cofounders Glenn and Shannon Dellimore exclusively on BeautyTalk. Visit this thread on January 28 from 11am­–1pm PST to get skincare advice. Ask them anything, from how to solve your most pressing skincare issues to which of their cult favorites is right for you.   Fresh: 11am - 12pm PST GLAMGLOW: 12pm - 1pm PST    Be sure click "Follow this thread" on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.
see post
ggfounders BRAND STAFF / BRAND STAFF BRAND STAFF / replied
Thanks for the question grayreb! SUPERCLEANSE Daily Clearing Cleanser will help to keep skin balanced and matte. To maintain hydration after cleansing, apply THIRSTYMUD... see post
Cover FX Cream Foundation as Contour
So contouring isn't my strong suit, I've always just used bronzer.  I know Cover FX has a new contour kit but I kind of just want a darker shade in the foundation to use for my contour.   I wear shade N10, what shade should I get for contouring?  
see post
HALL OF FAMER IAmLadyLiterary / HALL OF FAMER HALL OF FAMER / replied
Thanks Nika!  That helps, I just love the formula and want to try contouring with it.   see post
Best Curling mascara
What is the best mascara for curling?
see post
I have a couple of suggestions for you!   Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara - I think Dior mascara and other eyelash products are great, although they fall within the... see post
Sensitive skin & Smile lines
I have sensitive & normal to dry skin. I break out when my menstrual cycle comes around. I switch around moisturizers because if my skin won't like it, it'll let me know by breaking out as well. I also have smile lines I'd like to reduce appearance of. I know I can't get make them disappear unless I Botox. (which I'm not interested in.) Help?
see post
laurabt BEAUTY ADVISOR / BEAUTY ADVISOR BEAUTY ADVISOR / replied
Hi nancyagness, We have a few products that you can use to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as hydrate your skin.  I recommend Dermadoctor Wr... see post
Blackhead and pore help
I am looking for a good product to help clear out blackheads and make the black spots not so noticeable. Any suggestions?
see post
BEAUTY MAVEN krisann20 / BEAUTY MAVEN BEAUTY MAVEN / replied
My skin is combination. I have a slightly oily t-zone. I am looking for something to incorporate into my skincare routine. Thank you for the suggestion.   see post