Answer
iloveroy
winter moisturizer for combination skin/oily

Hi

I need adviced on what moisturizer to use for the winter. today i woke up and in PA it was 60 degrees and after my shower my skin felt so dry! i drink alot of water daily. i have been using cliniques moisture surge but its not cutting it anymore. I have combination/oily skin, what do you recommend i use during the winter? the skin around my lips always gets dry.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
melissabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Iloveroy,

The weather can really change how our skin feels. Also, make sure that you are using a cleanser that in not drying your skin out. I highly recommend the Korres Milk Proteins Foaming Cream Cleanser. Its a creamy cleanser that works really well for people with dry skin. It leaves your skin feeling hydrated and balanced.

Korres - Milk Proteins Foaming Cream Cleanser

http://www.sephora.com/milk-proteins-foaming-cream-cleanser-P270709

The Clinique Moisture Surge will still work well on top of your moisturizer, it will help seal it into your skin. I recommend the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. It can be worn anywhere on the face and is formulated with colloidal oatmeal, shea butter, soothing eucalyptus oil to calm dry skin.

First Aid Beauty - Ultra Repair Cream

http://www.sephora.com/ultra-repair-cream-P248407

<3 Melissa
ilovetopurplefy
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi!  I also have combo/oily and I use a combination of two products  for winter. I use the Aveeno youth perfecting moisturizer from the positively ageless line mixed with udder cream. The Aveeno moisturizer has SPF 30 in it so you don't have to worry about sun protection. You can use it alone or mixed together with the udder cream. The udder cream ( I know it sounds ridiculous but it works) was specifically designed to use on the dry udder skin of cows to help moisturize them and lot of women I know use it.  I just started using it and I like it. Its extremely moisturizing and it dries matte so it doesn't leave your face feeling all greasy. It does not have SPF and I mix the Aveeno to get the SPF and for a bit more moisture in my skin during the winter because my face gets very dry and chapped. They work wonderfully together. You can get the Aveeno at any Walmart or Target and the udder cream at the Dollar store.

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • iloveroy
    • melissabt
    • ilovetopurplefy