amynadinexo

who can tell me more about Guerlain Meteorites

and why are they so expensive? their light defusing perfecting primer looks so appealing but I dont know if i want to pay $70 for something I dont know much about.

sweetieeee

Re: who can tell me more about Guerlain Meteorites

(0) Hearts

What's the difference between the hourglass ambient light?

i have olive skin

DandyLionFluff

(0) Hearts

Has anyone gotten the new meteorites?  How do they compare with last years version?

makeupobesessed

This thread is kind of old, but I am so ready to buy these.  I just don't know which.  I am blonde ish, fair, I wear UD naked 3.5 foundation, and have some redness and acne issues.  I feel like my face lacks luster.  Which should I buy?

ghkim

i would go for the lightest shade. i'm not sure what it is called now after the new reformulation. i have the lightest one from the old formulation and love it. i am darker than you by a couple of shades but it honestly doesn't add any color, just a glow. i could probably use the middle shade too but have heard that there's really not much difference. as for the dore, or darkest shade, i'm thinking of getting that one to add a little color to my skin as well. good luck!

makeupobesessed

Let me know how yours turn out ghkim, I'm gonna buy them the first of the yr...u too?

ghkim

i love mine. i think i will hold off buying another one for now. i went to saks today and from what i can tell, the new ones are a tad softer, so you will pick up a bit more powder with your brush with each swirl. i don't think though that it is worth tossing an old batch just to get the new formulation. you should definitely get it though, if you don't have any already. i think you'll love it!

ChicDabbler

The lightest one (rose 01, in the new one that would be 02 I suppose). It actually does not give a pink glow since there's green/white/purple pearls in there so if you have redness in your face, like me, and is light skin color (I think I wear the same foundation as you) then the first/lightest one will definitely work to bring a bit of light to your skin.

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

Is this in the older one for sale or the one labeled new?

ChicDabbler

For both, the lightest of the 3 choices would work best for you.

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

Which would you buy, the old or new?

sorry to seem so ignorant on the issue.  I want to buy but can't sample, and don't want to have to return, and I know nothing of these...

thank you beauty tester

ChicDabbler

I have the old one. I'll probably buy the new one, but after a couple month since I have not decided which color and I need to see it instore before I buy (not available near me yet). If you have darker skin then the new ones have more of a range and is probably better. If you have lighter skin, despite the claim about new one being better, my personal guess right now is that there's not that much difference.

clarks18

Oh my gosh I am glad I am not the only one who is laughing by ready this post.  It must be the 12 year old girl trapped inside me or maybe it is just the crappy day at work that I am having.

kssweetheart

hi girls - the post I sent should've said "Which I happen to like" not 'which /u happen I'm not able to edit my posts and saw that just as I hit 'reply' Hate That! Sorry if that was bizarre, trying to make sense of that non-sentence, my bad. :smileyhappy:

Missie772

We are a bunch of girls who love Sephora and have a dirty brain what can I say? All this ball talk about Meteorites- I don't think I will ever get it out of my head. I swear when I go to the store to play with them, I will just be laughing to myself like a lunatic...

poshified

(0) Hearts

I'll never think of my Meteorites the same way when I reach for them now... ALL THANKS TO BT! :smileytongue: <3

DTalksAll

I giggled when I used them the other day :smileywink: 

poshified

(0) Hearts

No problem! Glad you got a good laugh from all this Meteorites talk! :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

@poshified & Missie772 - Oh my Lord you 2 area bad news, which /u happen to like! You really gave me a much needed laugh. Thanks.

BTW, intact, unless your talking about a boy dog that is. Then they'd be history and there would be no prosthetics either. Yuck. We had a boy & a girl dog, bro & sis. We had her fixed but think he was possibly asexual because he was more of a gentleman (except when he came home from the groomers, then he'd be a bit..... shalll we say..... 'frisky'? Didn't last long though cause she was the boss & was always very clear about not putting up w/ that & putting him in his place.

He should've been fixed too, but we didn't know that then, didn't know how icky they'd get and that having them intact was part of what caused him to pass. There are some funny stories about it though, we always try to find the humor in sad or yucky situations, it really helps. :smileyhappy:

LKuhle

IMG_2198.jpg

So here's the picture of mine. The highlighter/illuminator is full size, I believe, so you can see how the sizes of the primer and perles compare. The packaging the perles come in is cardboard. I've only used them once so far, but I was very impressed with how they worked with my MUFE HD foundation.

Missie772

(0) Hearts

The perles are tiny... you didn't get a lot of balls! Lol. But in all seriousness, it looks 1/2 full! And it sucks that it is card board as well. What color is the highlighter?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 76 replies
  • 147 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar
    • dianabt
    • poshified
    • ChicDabbler