amynadinexo

who can tell me more about Guerlain Meteorites

and why are they so expensive? their light defusing perfecting primer looks so appealing but I dont know if i want to pay $70 for something I dont know much about.

arielaaaaaaaa

Re: who can tell me more about Guerlain Meteorites

Oh my goodness! I'm right there with you! I just read it and cracked up! :smileyvery-happy:

poshified

"How would you like the balls today: crushed or intact?" haha! :smileyvery-happy:

Missie772

@poshified: Normally I would want my balls crushed, just ask my husband (just kidding!)... but in this instance, I want my balls intact!

poshified

Hahaha, too funny!

Katty2323

i liked them but they smelled very strong of old lady perfume. it doesn't go away and hangs around all day. I returned them.

LKuhle

So I just got the Precious Lights kit and tried both the primer and the meteorites this morning with my MUFE HD foundation. LOVE. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I don't know what it is, but my skin just looks incredible. And my pores are nonexistent. Definitely recommend.

Question though: I used the meteorites with a fluffy blush type brush and it seemed to work pretty okay... do you think the meteorites brush is a necessity though? Because once I use up this these meteorites, I'm definitely buying more so if you think the brush for them is a necessary investment, I guess I'll just have to suck it up :smileywink:

DTalksAll

I tried a few different brushes I had with the meteorites & wasn't too impressed until I broke down & got the guerlain brush. It's dense & scratchy & doesn't pick up too much product like my other brushes do. I'm not sure if there's a good dupe for it out there... 

Oh can you post a picture please :smileywink: 

poshified

Just a heads up, they're not a setting powder, but rather a finishing powder to dust over your entire face after blush/bronzer/highlighter/etc to brighten up your complexion! :smileyhappy:

dianabt

Hi AmyNadinexo,

You've already received tons of advice and tips but I suggest you visit your local store if you can to try them out- and keep what Poshified says in mind, they're not a setting powder but more of an all over glow and brightening powder to touch up and finish your complexion to give you an all over radiant complexion that looks healthy and natural. :smileyhappy:

I personally love the meteorites but can understand how you feel with the pricing so its best to try it first if you can!

The Too Faced Sweetheart Beads are another similar item you may want to look at too, slightly more of a golden-bronzey look though:

Too Faced - Sweetheart Beads Radiant Glow Face Powder

http://www.sephora.com/sweetheart-beads-radiant-glow-face-powder-P378617?skuId=1511864

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
wendyomgwar

Posh I finally got my kit with the mini meteorites! I'll tell you what I think when I try them on tomorrow.

poshified

I can't wait to see how you feel about them! :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

@beautyjunkie325, Okay, I'm freaking out a little. Immediately after sending that Migraine post 2U I got the taste of OJ in my mouth, Swear on a stack of bibles. All I've had today was water, how freaky is that? Incredible what our minds can do This is unbelievable....I still taste it. As long as there's no Migraine to follow, WooooHooooo! The taste of OJ without the Migraine OR the calories!! Wish this would work for a big honkin' bowl of ice cream! So strange and wonderfully odd. Amazing.

kssweetheart

@beautyjunkie325 - So sorry to hear you get migraines from various scents, I get them often and it's often triggered by a scent. I had to stop using Ojon Products for that reason, and I liked what they were doing to my hair but just couldn't take it. I had numerous kits, thanks to QVC's Auto-Delivery and my lame-brain for forgetting to call and cancel. I was sure I was going to use it though, at the time. I couldn't even give it away to anyone who might use it and then come to my house. I couldn't take the scent of the Meteorites, train boarding to migraine-ville in 10 seconds or less. I'd hoped maybe the scent changed, Wish they made an unscented version.

Another thing that sets off Migraines for me, Orange Juice. I loooooove my Ice Cold OJ, but nope, my body says otherwise. :smileysad: 

BeautyJunkie325

Hair products can be the worst.  You don't know that the scent is that strong until it is around your face all day.  Hand sanitizers and soaps are bad because you don't realize how much you can smell them on your hands.  Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom is totally my kryptonite.

kssweetheart

I think everyone is pretty much spot on, with one exception, the fragrance, I couldn't tolerate it - I was hoping it would dissipate but it didn't, it gave me a headache. Don't remember how long I left it on before I had to wash it off, does anyone know if/when the scent goes away?

I was actually thinking of trying it again since that was a while back. The Precious Lights Radiance kit sounds awesome, great value, really thinking of trying it, thanks for posting that.

Guerlain is a very prestigious brand that uses excellent quality ingredients and their packaging alone is mouth-watering and simply seductive. They charge those prices partially just because they can. They know people will buy. It's an 'experience'

If you try the kit and decide you like the Meteorites I say go for the big one if you can. It's nice to have a few luxury items if you can swing it. Don't know your age or marital/parental status, but I always felt that I might as well splurge, treat and pamper myself while young and single. You never know for sure if you'll be able to do/buy things like that if you marry and have children. Many merchants profited from this theory, and it helped me justify some major purchases

Loved **nebels** description, she's so right, there's just something about it that's indescribable and it truly doesn't fit into any one category. I imagine using it all over, I think it would feel like you were floating on a cloud, it is delicious.

@dannyc - OMStars that was so funny the way you ***bleeped*** yourself before bt could, I needed a laugh, thanks for that.

I hope you'll come back and let us know if you get it and how you like it. Remember, you can always return it if it doesn't work out for you. I think it's important to treat yourself sometimes, just remember - You Are Worth It! :smileyhappy:

ps - sorry so long, this was only going to be maybe 2 paragraphs. Seems once I get started there's no stopping me, much like when I'm shopping (all the time) :smileywink:

BeautyJunkie325

I was worried about buying them because everyone raves about the violet scent.  I get terrible migraines (some brought on my scents) and was afraid I'd be able to smell it on my skin.  I have a hard time with flowery perfumes and soaps and wasn't sure how strong the scent really was.

LKuhle

(0) Hearts

I'm the exact opposite when it comes to make up/hair product fragrances. I'll read reviews about products I've tried/owned and people will talk about how strong the scent was and how they couldn't stand it and I'll sit there and think, "......was it scented?" I just don't notice that stuff. Especially because once it's on, the scent is completely gone for me.

nebel

Awww I'm sorry the scent wasn't for you! It always amazes me how personal & subjective scents are.

I actually cannot smell the scent anymore after a moment or two!

DTalksAll

& a lot of work. Every time I try to add a highlighter all over I turn into a disco ball. Meteorites is a shimmer finishing powder. I still highlight when using meteorites because they are two different steps. 

nebel

I agree with Dannyc. Meteorites powder isn't a highlighter- it smooths, perfects, and gives a beautiful finish, but it really is a multi-faceted finishing powder. The different colors are all in there specifically to do different jobs and reflect/refract light in different ways. I also use highlighters in addition if I'm deciding to contour.

DTalksAll

It truly is a product you don't understand until you own it! I put off getting it for years, but the packaging is what finally did it for me. It's so pretty I just had to have it on my vanity/counter... I'm glad I gave in. 

Can we also talk about the texture! It's weightless & beautiful & just perfect.... ahhhhh... 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 76 replies
  • 138 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar
    • dianabt
    • poshified
    • ChicDabbler