amynadinexo

who can tell me more about Guerlain Meteorites

and why are they so expensive? their light defusing perfecting primer looks so appealing but I dont know if i want to pay $70 for something I dont know much about.

nebel

Re: who can tell me more about Guerlain Meteorites

AND THE VIOLET SMELL!! OMG!

Yeah, I've never tried anything that's even come close.  If I had to pick a similar "category" of product it would be that white mineral finishing powder by Make Up For Ever (and I, personally, hate that stuff... it does nothing for me) 

DTalksAll

YES THE SCENT! Heavenly. I've said this before in another thread; There's just something about applying it that makes me feel beautiful s**y (Not sure what BT will bleep so I'll just do it myself)! 

The MUFE actually makes some of my foundations oxidize on me. Strange... but true... & it's kind of messy & I end up with too much of it. 

nebel

If they bottled that fragrance, i'd douse myself in it every day.

LKuhle

I just purchased their Precious Lights Radiance kit which gives you smaller sizes of the perles, the primer, and their illuminator for $57 so you're able to try them and see how you feel about them. I literally just bought it so I haven't gotten to try it yet, but I feel like it's a good starter kit if you're a little uneasy about spending tons of money on the full sizes.

swfupload_5165022277597623670.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1473495&productId=P377422

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Now I'm tempted to get the set just to have a mini meteorites for my travel makeup bag & to try the primer. I love my YSL pen, but who knows... maybe I'll convert

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

My friend found a dupe for the YSL pen that she swears by - I haven't tried it yet but she's a pretty good beauty connoisseur: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch.  The packaging isn't gold but it looks like a near perfect dupe.  Maybe worth checking out? Save those $'s for another splurge?swfupload_5289625087195338765.gif

rikkie

(0) Hearts

The illuminator is full sized even! I have been dying inside knowing this set is waiting in a box for me since the beginning of July, and if the UPS guy had delivered them three hours earlier I could have had them in my hands then. :smileysad: 

DTalksAll

We will be waiting for your review on the primer :smileywink: 

LKuhle

I'm so excited to try it. I need a new primer anyway, but all the reviews I've read about the light-diffusing primer absolutely rave about it. And I've been dying to try the meteorites so this kit is perfect for me.

LKuhle

(0) Hearts

oops, nebel beat me to it. :smileywink:

nebel

Also, Sephora sells a kit for $57 which is a good way to try the meteorites and the primer without going all-in

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1473495&productId=P377422

nebel

The best description I've ever heard of Meteorites is "I love them, they make me look fantastic, but I can't even tell exactly what they're doing." It is so true. If you just swatch them it almost looks like there's nothing there. But then you put it on your whole face and Omg! Bright and beautiful! I'm obsessed.

DTalksAll

Nebel nailed it! It's one of those you can't describe it, you just have to try it! 

I also agree with DeltaGammaGirl about the brush. I didn't buy the brush for them at first, but none of my brushes seems to really work with them. As soon as I bought the brush I noticed a huge difference. 

For the compact I just use the Too Faced retractable kabuki. It's been in my purse for years and works with most powders for touch up. 

I never tried the primers, but I'm always intrigued. They look so beautiful...

DeltaGammaGirl

Well I love the actual meterolites finishing powder (the one with the little balls) I haven't tried to primer but Let me just say I was skeptical to order, but they are AMAZING. I am so glad I spent the money and they will last forever. It isn't some huge noticeable thing. They basically add a soft glow to make your face look beautiful. I didn't order the brush, but realized that no other brush works quite like the one they made for it. If you are going to spend the money get the brush to get the whole effect! They smell wonderful and make the light bounce off your face so amazingly!

I had a man come in my office and tell me my skin looked so radiant haha. Which is a great compliment from an older man since they don't notice those things! It's all in the meterolites :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 76 replies
  • 138 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar
    • dianabt
    • poshified
    • ChicDabbler