niney

what's the difference between BB ream and CC cream

makeupobesessed

Re: what's the difference between BB ream and CC cream

(0) Hearts

I just asked the same question, yesterday!  I guess I should've looked for ur question first!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@drrragon- No they're not going to be as effective as skin care itself but it still has a targeted treatment to help correct color but I'm sure it's a very very small amount.

drrragon

Not to be cynical or anything, but I think the "color correcting" is mostly accomplished by having more pigment/better coverage than BB creams.  It seems to be a progression of varying amounts of coverage:

tinted moisturizer -> BB -> CC -> foundation

I've looked at the ingredients lists for some of the new CC creams and while some of them have stuff to help with discoloration, it's in small amounts and while it might help, it wouldn't make a dramatic difference.

For example, Smashbox CC cream has ascorbyl glucoside and licorice root extract.  PTR's most effective discoloration-fighting ingredients is probably the mineral sunscreen.  Same with Clinique's CC Cream, except it's a blend of chemical and mineral sunscreens...i don't really see large concentrations of anything that's specifically proven to help dark spots in the ingredients list. 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I agree about the coverage! I also think CC creams are less greasy/dewy than BB. I've had a lot of BB samples of the past few years, and couldn't make any of them work for my skin. Then I tired a few CC and fell in love. I got better coverage and staying power. Hydrating enough that I don't "need" moisturizer" and stay put without primer. I really liked the PTR CC cream, but then I tried the AmorePacifc CC compact & am never looking back. It's amazing. Coverage is comprable to the Chanel cream-to-powder, leaves a glow like a BB without the dewy look, and doesn't shift like a TM. 

I know everyone's skin & needs are different, but I'm in love :smileywink: 

drrragon

(0) Hearts

well that sounds worthwhile right there!  the thought of being able to skip moisturizer and primer makes me want to rush out and buy it immediately! :smileyvery-happy:

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Right?!?! I hate putting primer on, unless it's for a long night out. It just takes so long to put moisturizer on & wait for it to sink in, then primer & wait for that to sink in, then foundation... 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@SeraK- I'm sure they have some sort of targeted treatment to help correct uneven tone.I just don't know what it is.

miabt

@Niney - beautylovingirl is exactly right!  CC Creams are color correctors and BB Creams are beauty balms that are more geared toward its skincare elements.  Both are fantastic, it just depends on what you are looking for.  Hope that clarifies a bit more  :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

SeraK

(0) Hearts

Do CC creams have benefits for the skin, or are they just a thin cover up? I would think that with "Color Correcting", they'd be like a skin care thing...:smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

BB Stands for- beauty balm,blemish balm,blemish base.

CC-Stands for Color Correct or Color Care.

Hope this helps!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • drrragon
    • makeupobesessed
    • beautylovingirl
    • miabt