Answer
112liberty
what is best concealer for a black eye

I am embarrassed to say that I have a black eye and other bruising on my face.  I cannot "hibernate"  until the bruising has healed.  I'm told there are certain products with a green-colored base that can help conceal the blue/yellow bruising.  What are you suggestions? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
prettyinpa
Answered

I used the Kat Von D tatoo concealer to cover up the bruising from a nasty horse bite (don't ask, I wasn't paying attention and he bit me!)  Works great, sweatproof and you can wear foundation over it to match your skin tone exactly. 

I hope you feel better soon.:heart: 

dianabt
Answered

Hi 112liberty, 

Oh no, I hope you're okay! I would recommend an ultra creamy long lasting concealer that you can blend onto the skin and that will last for hours. Here are my top picks:

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage

Kat Von D tattoo Concealer

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
projill
Answered
(0) Hearts

Ouch!  I am so sorry about your injury...

Bruising can be tricky to conceal since often concealers can cover it but it appears a greenish tint even with heavy coverage.

The key to bruising it color correcting the tones.  You definitely want a full coverage waterproof concealer that will stay put all day.  Full Cover by Make Up For Ever, Secret Camouflage by Laura Mercier, and Tattoo Concealer by Kat Von D are all great.

Since these concealers come in skin tones and all have some sort of yellow base, you are going to need something very peach/orange to color correct the blue/green tones of the bruise.  Sometimes I will use a matte light coral blush to set the concealer in between layers to color correct (and it is something you can use in the future or may already have).  This will brighten the blue and help it to look more natural.

You can finish the top layer with a powder foundation in your skin tone, and if it still looks bruised then sweep a light layer of the blush on top again to brighten.

The Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Palette does have a peach color in it, so you may be able to get away with using just the peach tone as your concealer (a little goes a long way, and you have to warm it up on the back of your hand before applying it- this makes it creamy and easy to apply).

Tips:

Sheer layers work the best.  Try to build your coverage in sheer layers rather than lay it on thick.  This will help it to set and stay longer.

Use a concealer that is slightly lighter than your skintone- they can oxidize and turn darker with the oils in your skin and other products/powders used.  If you use a lighter concealer, you can always make it a little darker with a powder on top- it is harder to make it lighter if it appears to dark.

You may want to check out Arnica Root Gel- it helps to heal bruising quickly.  I find it at health food or supplement stores.  It may help to speed up the healing process.

Let me know how it goes and if you need help trouble shooting at all.

Good Luck!

xoxo

Jill

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • projill
    • dianabt
    • 112liberty