theo949

what is a good gift for a girls I started dating few weeks ago ?

We have been dating for only few weeks I dont want to get something expensive and scare her off but at the same time wanna make her feel special

miabt

Re: what is a good gift for a girls I started dating few weeks ago ?

What a sweet gesture!  Since its fairly early in the relationship, I'd stick to a bath & body product, rather than makeup, unless shes hinted at some products she actually wanted.  

Philosophy The Cocktail Party is a great one that is pretty playful> http://bit.ly/1aXSM49 

Philosophy - The Cocktail Party

Or the Illume Eternal Nomad Thai Lily Journey Gift Set is a little more sophisticated looking and smells amazing> http://bit.ly/14Fj1X4Illume - Eternal Nomad Thai Lily Journey Gift Set

xo, Mia

DoctorsMrs

(0) Hearts

He didn't say how old she was though. What if this girl is like 15? Wouldn't a cocktail party set be inappropriate? This is kind of an example of why this worries me.  If it was me and I was 10 years younger, my parents would NOT be pleased. 

miabt

If in doubt, Philosophy has a variety of sets to choose from!  The Beach Set is also fantastic!  I think Theo949 has a pretty good head on his shoulders, since hes thinking of a gift from Sephora :smileywink: 

xo, Mia

DoctorsMrs

I'm hesitant to write this because I don't want to offend any of you, but I just want to offer a different opinion for consideration. This question posted a few hours ago and I've been thinking about it ever since. I really feel that if a guy I'd only known for a few weeks gave me some beauty products I'd be really creeped out.  I just want to say to @theo949-- think it through first. Only you know the particulars of the situation. I just think this sweet gesture could be taken wrong.............. Not as wrong as the time a guy gave me a puppy on the second date, but that's a whole other story. 

sautoir

yes!! that's exactly what i've been thinking too but i wasn't sure how to tactfully phrase it.

i think if you really do want to get her a gift from sephora, just ask her if she wants to go to sephora and look at some stuff! surprises are really lovely and all but sometimes it feels even better to have someone ask you, "hey, what do you want?" to me, at least, it makes me feel like the other person sincerely cares about my thoughts and feelings!

rikkie

[ Edited ]

Maybe they've known each other for a while but only just started dating, it might not be weird at all.

Some of the things I've been most thrilled to get as gifts I was just looking through a store with my friend/boyfriend/mom/whoever and they saw me obsess over something but know I wouldn't buy it for myself. (Sometimes I go "visit" things several times before deciding if I can justify the cash for how much I love it) Being surprised a few days/weeks later with that thing they remembered for no reason feels really good when you are totally not expecting it. 

Maybe if you two are just hanging out somewhere and she falls in love with something and doesn't get it but wishes she could you could go back and pick it up? You could be the great boyfriend and follow her around Sephora for a bit or whatever store she likes best. I think a nice bath set is always appropriate though too, it's not too personal like makeup or perfume can be sometimes but still a gift for her to treat herself with a relaxing time. 

DoctorsMrs

@rikkie,

Maybe. Of Course.

I just meant we don't know. Only he knows all the details.

What's proper and appreciated in one situation can be horribly misinterpreted in another.

And yes- the scenario you describe sounds great

rikkie

I agree for sure. I'm glad you brought it up, because I think it does make a big difference what to recommend based on some of the details! I hope whatever he decides, it will turn out well for him!

jinxski

Heh, I agree with everyone here. Go for a set, there's going to be at least one thing that she likes in the set!

One of my favorite things to give my friends are the benefit sets, especially the cheek tint set! :smileyhappy:swfupload_4598112855170509046.jpg

poshified

You deserve brownie points based on the sole fact you would even think of stepping inside Sephora or shop at sephora[dot]com!

Tip #1: Stay away from NARS blushes and the raunchy names if you don't want to scare her away! haha

Tip #2: Go for sets, especially fragrance ones because she can always go and pick out the scent herself. One good option is

swfupload_7759580584462773410.jpg

Good luck! :smileyhappy:

rikkie

No kidding on the brownie points! Could you have a little talk with my husband, Theo?? :smileytongue:

poshified

(0) Hearts

I told my single guy friends that if they're looking for gals who look good and keep up with their appearances, their first stop should be Sephora! :smileyvery-happy:

corrin99

I would love to get perfume it's personal, but in a good way pick something you love.  Gift sets are a great idea, lotions...  My guy just got me Marc Jacobs Dot it's very lovable, by all.  Ask the ladies at Sephora to see the top ten smells and pick what you like.  Fresh has a great scrub that will make her smell like lemon and brown sugar and her skin will be so soft.  I would love shine spray for my hair Alterna is so nice, tell her how beautiful her hair is. ooh and Philosophy lip shines, I really love the lip shines at bath and body work or victorias secret, they smell so good.

prettyinpa

I'd love to get the L'Occitane Gift set. Their hand and body creams are just heavenly and the travel set is nice for summer. Plus you get to hold her lovely soft hands, so it's a double gift!

chauncie

My go to for gifts for most of my girlfriends is the philosophy sets/lotions/body washes.

They are cute and fun, and all my friends light up when I give them philosophy gifts. I don't know if you have noticed, but right now Sephora is having a sale on some of the philosophy items. You wont break the bank, and you can get your girlfriend a nice gift!

Hope this helps, good luck!

staringatstars

Scare her off?! I doubt it! I suggest the perfumes by Fresh because they are pretty mild and non offensive. Philosophy scented lotions are also very nice!

dolceloure

I would agree with bath & body gifts being the best option. Nail polish sets are nice too..perfume is also great, but an expensive bottle might be too much of a gesture, lol. 

In the Bath/Body section of the site, there's a tab for gifts/value sets, and that'll show you a lot of great options. I second the Tocca gift set!

melissabt

BeautyBee92

One of my personal favorite is bath sets. Sephora sells some really nice ones (philosophy is one of my personal favorite...they have scents like butter rum and cinnamon bun!).

I think she'll appreciate that and it's always nice to have a relaxing, delicious smelling bath or shower after a hard day. =)

laurabt

Hi TheO949, you can't go wrong with a bath & body gift set.  Depending on your price range, I recommend these:

Tocca Bagno da Viaggio - Stella

Tocca Bagno da Viaggio - Stella.jpghttp://bit.ly/17jCrTi

Fresh Sake & Seaberry Spa Retreat Set

Fresh Sake & Seaberry Spa Retreat Set.jpghttp://bit.ly/168qpgA

L'Occitane Verbena Sparkling Breeze Discovery Kit

L'Occitane Verbena Sparkling Breeze Discovery Kit.jpghttp://bit.ly/13wybyE

:smileyhappy: -Laura

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 50 hearts