alissonnj

tear trough / hollows

[ Edited ]

As I have gotten older (I turn 40 next week), I have lost a lot of the plumpness under my eyes so that the tear trough / hollows are very pronounced and create a dark shadow. This shadow seems structural - not something that can be fixed by a cream (the skin itself is not really dark or discolored). Additionally, when I smile, the under eye area creates a lot of folds that smooth out when my face is neutral. I am wondering (surgical fillers aside) is there any way to camo this area so that the shadows are less pronounced? Any method would need to be able to withstand the creases, movements and crepiness of the under eye area. Everything I have tried either fails to conceal the shadow or else creases within a few hours of application. Thanks so much!!

photo added :smileyhappy:Photo on 1-24-14 at 10.05 AM.jpg

alissonnj

Re: tear trough / hollows

(0) Hearts

Thank you all. I think I may have the MUF one but I don't recall my experience with it. I will dig it out and give it another shot. I have been eying the Nars one so that will get added to my next haul for sure. Thank you all :smileyhappy: additional suggestions still appreciated. 

lbuscemi

Hello dear...I'm turning 51 tomorrow...exact same issue w hollowness --- so...I visited a reputable skin spa and just had Radiesse injected in the hollow area. No pain at all w the topical analgesic creme. Amazing results! I look 10 yrs younger! Cost was $299 per syringe, she one under each eye. I highly recommend this, zero downtime, just a little tender for 1-2 days. Also, Makeup Forever makes an incredible concealer, I swear by it. Good luck to you:smileyhappy:

btmod2

Hi alissonnj,

I recommend using a concealer about 2 to 3 shades lighter than your skintone to minimize the appearance of darkness under your eyes. My favorite brightening concealer at the moment is YSL's Touche Eclat. It really helps brighten your entire face. It is a very lightweight concealer that delivers light to medium coverage.

To prevent creasing, I recommend setting the concealer under your eyes with the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder. It is incredibly finely milled and will help keep the conealer under your eyes in place all day. :smileyhappy:

Best,

Randee

alissonnj

(0) Hearts

Thank you Randee. I have tried the YSL's Touche Eclat and while I find it works great as a highlighter, it seems to be too light in coverage to conceal the shadows... the shadow seems to show through the product. I have not tried the LM powder so I will check it out for sure. Thanks again for your reply.

beethousand

I have hollows very similar to yours, and I love the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer combined with the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder. I'm never satisfied with anything and I'm always trying new products in every other category, but I'm so pleased with these. Perricone Cold Plasma Eye is the only product I've ever found to help my eye area, although of course it doesn't make them disappear entirely.

Ava2

(0) Hearts

Have you tried Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer? I have really dark under eye circles and it covers it up wonderfully. The coverage is great and it won't crease. If you go to Youtube and type in gossmakeupartist you will find a lot of videos that address your concerns. Hope that helps! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • alissonnj
    • beethousand
    • Ava2
    • lbuscemi
Photos1