Answer
kritterrn
Accepted Solution
suggestions for a long lasting matte lipstick, non-drying and a good foundation

some suggestions, please for a good, hydrating, long-lasting deeper color matte lipstick where i don't have to reach for gloss

every few hours to alleviate the dryness...also, looking for a good coverage foundation liquid or semi-, for fairly dry skin, in a light ivory, as natural looking as possible...just love benefit's wow oxygen, but it's expensive...of course, these two items i request, on the lower end of the cost spectrum...thanks!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
janinebt
Answered

Hi kritterrn,

I always put a little lip balm on before applying a matte lipstick. I'll use a little Rosebud Salve just before doing my makeup routine, that way it has a bit of time to settle and absorb when it comes time to actually apply my lip color. This trick works even with the most matte of lipsticks. If you need a bit of hydration throughout the day I'd say just dab a little salve on throughout the day. 

In terms of foundation I would suggest trying a hydrating primer, like Laura Mercier's Foundation Primer, which is water based. Try pairing this with the Sephora Collection Instant Radiance foundation, which has a beautiful demi-matte finish.

Rosebud Perfume Co. - Rosebud Salve

Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Instant Radiance Foundation

Whimsically yours,
Janine
kritterrn
thanks, janine!! will go with your suggestions!! kritterrn
Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 4 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • janinebt