Answer
Accepted Solution
suggestions for a long lasting matte lipstick, non-drying and a good foundation

some suggestions, please for a good, hydrating, long-lasting deeper color matte lipstick where i don't have to reach for gloss

every few hours to alleviate the dryness...also, looking for a good coverage foundation liquid or semi-, for fairly dry skin, in a light ivory, as natural looking as possible...just love benefit's wow oxygen, but it's expensive...of course, these two items i request, on the lower end of the cost spectrum...thanks!!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Answered

Hi kritterrn,

I always put a little lip balm on before applying a matte lipstick. I'll use a little Rosebud Salve just before doing my makeup routine, that way it has a bit of time to settle and absorb when it comes time to actually apply my lip color. This trick works even with the most matte of lipsticks. If you need a bit of hydration throughout the day I'd say just dab a little salve on throughout the day. 

In terms of foundation I would suggest trying a hydrating primer, like Laura Mercier's Foundation Primer, which is water based. Try pairing this with the Sephora Collection Instant Radiance foundation, which has a beautiful demi-matte finish.

Rosebud Perfume Co. - Rosebud Salve

Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Instant Radiance Foundation

Whimsically yours,
Janine
thanks, janine!! will go with your suggestions!! kritterrn
Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 4 hearts
  • 2 in conversation