Answer
HaileyBear
silicone free foundation?

I break out from silicone products. I bought Kat von D's lock-it tattoo foundation knowing it had "cones" in it. Well, ive been breaking out badly every day from it. I use korres silicone free primer beforehand but it doesnt help. Is there ANYTHING i can do to prevent this foundation from breaking me out?! It was by far my favorite ive ever used, i love it so much for , except the breakouts obviously. 

If theres nothing i can do, what is a smiliar, oil free silicone free foundation?

Thank you

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
dianabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Haileybear, 

You may like the Laura Mercier Moisture Supreme Foundation which is oil and silicone free:

Laura Mercier - Moisture Supreme Foundation

Or the Omorovicza Complexion Perfector BB SPF which is lighter in coverage but silicone free

Omorovicza - Complexion Perfector BB SPF 20

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
babybear04
Answered
(0) Hearts

shout out to the girls/guys with silicone problems! Ha, I've just recently disovered that my skin just doesn't agree with silicone (or at least I think that's the culprit!)  At first, I thought it was just my foundations since practically every foundation I've used broke me out.  Then, the little lightbulb in my head came on and was like "ah-ha! It's the INGREDIENTS in my makeup that I need to look out for!".  So on my quest for silicone-free foundations, I came home with the Korres primer and powder foundation as well as an hourglass concealer.  It doesn't quite give me the coverage I need, but since I stopped using liquid foundation, my face has been clearing up tremendously and I don't need as much coverage anyway!

As far as silicone-free foundations, I've heard that the Laura Mercier one is one of the few ones out there, although I have yet to try it.  So far, I have yet to really hear or see of any other ones.  I guess it's worth a shot?  If you don't like it, maybe try skipping the liquid and going for a cone-free powder with your primer  (I know I know, it was soo hard to break the routine of slathering on my liquid foundation).  But in all honesty, the pay-off has been sooo worth it!  Going a week without full-coverage makeup sucked and was humiliating, but in the end it helped me soo much!

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • HaileyBear
    • babybear04