Answer
HaileyBear
silicone free foundation?

I break out from silicone products. I bought Kat von D's lock-it tattoo foundation knowing it had "cones" in it. Well, ive been breaking out badly every day from it. I use korres silicone free primer beforehand but it doesnt help. Is there ANYTHING i can do to prevent this foundation from breaking me out?! It was by far my favorite ive ever used, i love it so much for , except the breakouts obviously. 

If theres nothing i can do, what is a smiliar, oil free silicone free foundation?

Thank you

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
babybear04
Answered
(0) Hearts

shout out to the girls/guys with silicone problems! Ha, I've just recently disovered that my skin just doesn't agree with silicone (or at least I think that's the culprit!)  At first, I thought it was just my foundations since practically every foundation I've used broke me out.  Then, the little lightbulb in my head came on and was like "ah-ha! It's the INGREDIENTS in my makeup that I need to look out for!".  So on my quest for silicone-free foundations, I came home with the Korres primer and powder foundation as well as an hourglass concealer.  It doesn't quite give me the coverage I need, but since I stopped using liquid foundation, my face has been clearing up tremendously and I don't need as much coverage anyway!

As far as silicone-free foundations, I've heard that the Laura Mercier one is one of the few ones out there, although I have yet to try it.  So far, I have yet to really hear or see of any other ones.  I guess it's worth a shot?  If you don't like it, maybe try skipping the liquid and going for a cone-free powder with your primer  (I know I know, it was soo hard to break the routine of slathering on my liquid foundation).  But in all honesty, the pay-off has been sooo worth it!  Going a week without full-coverage makeup sucked and was humiliating, but in the end it helped me soo much!

Hope this helps and best of luck!

dianabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi Haileybear, 

You may like the Laura Mercier Moisture Supreme Foundation which is oil and silicone free:

Laura Mercier - Moisture Supreme Foundation

Or the Omorovicza Complexion Perfector BB SPF which is lighter in coverage but silicone free

Omorovicza - Complexion Perfector BB SPF 20

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • HaileyBear
    • babybear04