maltipoo66

sheer red lip

Hi everyone! I love the look of a sheer red lip-so far I've been getting this look by patting a vibrant red lipstick (Revlon Really Red) over a natural rose lip (or natural gloss).  It would be great to have a lip color that did both of those steps in one.  Does anyone have any ideas for a product?  I think blue-reds tend to look best on me.  Thanks!

arielaaaaaaaa

Re: sheer red lip

I have the Korres Mango lip butters, They make one that is a sheer red. I use it alot cause they are so hydrating! I have it on right now! It doesn't last more than a couple of hours on but if you don't mind reapplying it's something to look in to. 

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Are you talking about Natural Rose? I love this one too :smileyhappy:

katie1724

I really like NARS Manhunt and Gipsy (the description for Gipsy says warm berry, but I think it's more neutral) -- they are really easy to wear reds that are totally appropriate for daytime or work.

sephoramusthave

I agree with Katie on NARS Manhunt---I have it and its lovely, perfect if you aren't yet comfortable with a full on red.

Also, thebalm balmshelter lipgloss in pin up girl and fresh sugar lip treatment

onomotopoeia9

sugar rose lip balm!

janinebt

Hi maltipoo66,

I'd say give Tarte's LipSurgence Lip Luster in Achiote a try :smileyhappy:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
brennn

I would suggest the Tarte LipSurgence Pencils in Loved, Fiery, Spirited, Lust, etc. There are a couple more reds that I have forgot the name of & don't own of but I'm sure you can find a color to suit you in their range. 

For a drugstore option you could try the Maybelline Color Whisper in Who Wore it Red-er or the Covergirl gloss balm sticks in Ruby Twist or Scarlet Twist.

AlwaysGlamorous

What about the YSL Glossy Balm Crystal Color in Succulent Pomegranate or Luscious Cherry? There's also the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Mightiest Maraschino. They all look gorgeous! Now I want to try this lip look!
swfupload_4435456782816611990.jpgswfupload_4442593918166541790.jpgswfupload_1167210371323585555.jpg

melde

(0) Hearts

I second the Clinique Chubby Stick! They are so easy to put on and very moisturizing. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • maltipoo66
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • janinebt
    • crayzeeRN