amynadinexo

sephora pro airbush #55 is already shedding :(

I just bought it yesterday. I finally found a sephora about 40 minutes away at a jc penny! I was so happy. I bought a new brush to add my pro airbrush collection(:  I washed it last night, used it this morning and SEVEN hairs have already come out. I'm so upset I don't want to go all the way back to return this :smileysad: has this happened to anyone else? do you think itll stop after a few washes or should I not take the risk and just return it? 

poshified

Re: sephora pro airbush #55 is already shedding :(

(0) Hearts

I thought about picking up the new #55 but decided against it. The weight and feel, as well as the brush quality, just isn't the same as the old #55. I'd try and exchange it for another one and see if it happens too.

amynadinexo

(0) Hearts

sigh. i've  had the #56 for quite some time now and not one hair has come off that's why i was worried when i saw 7 hairs shed from this right away. I just touched up my makeup (I use it for pressed powder) and already two more came off :smileysad: I guess its going back, hopefully if I exchange it I wont experience the same thing with the next one. I seem to have bad luck when it comes to sephora

lyravega

(0) Hearts

I have many Sephora Pro brushes ( love them!!! ), #55 as well... never had a problem with shedding! And I have #55 for a long time now.

Tayvm

(0) Hearts

If it's still shedding after the next wash, I'd return it.  I've not had a problem with mine and they're too pricey for that nonsense.

mberteig

(0) Hearts

I have the #56 airbrush, have washed it many times, and it has never shed.  I would return your brush, maybe you got a bad one out of the bunch?

oklady2013

(0) Hearts

I don't have the #55 but I bought the #56  this past Saturday. I washed it when I got home. It has now been washed 3 times as I used it yesterday & today with my liquid foundation. So far it has not shed at all.  You might try washing it carefully again & if it still sheds you may want to exchange it. Good luck.

ghkim

(0) Hearts

i would continue to use it and wash it. if it no longer sheds after that initial 7 hairs, then i wouldn't worry about it. if it continues to shed then i would return or exchange it. i have had the 55 and never had an issue with shedding.

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

Hey there, I own the # 56 airbrush foundation brush and I never had issues with shedding. I'd say call the store personally and ask them if it's supposed to shed or not. Saves you a trip to go all the way back there and ask them :-).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • lyravega
    • poshified
    • amynadinexo
    • ghkim
    • oklady2013