oliveskinsucks

pur minerals 4 in 1 light tan liquid foundation only match for me?

Hi all,

Having a heck of a time finding a true match for foundation. It either looks way too orange, pink, or too dark. The only decent match for me is Pur Minerals 4 in 1 liquid foundation (a new brand only sold at Ulta). I'm olive, neutral, and decently fair. I have decently matched to Tarte Amazonian 12hr in light (in the middle of winter)and Smashbox 15hr in 1.1 (in the middle of winter and still a little too pink with a tad bit orange but I can get away with this). I would like a medium to full coverage liquid that's good for breakout prone dry (usually oily but the last 8 months I've been dry and never have been), acne scared skin. I want something that won't transfer either and something easy to put on; I don't want to spend too much time on my face. Everytime I go in to get matched they always make me look way too dark, orange, or pink.  Thanks!

oliveskinsucks

Re: pur minerals 4 in 1 light tan liquid foundation only match for me?

(0) Hearts

I drove like 50+ miles to try the color IQ machine and it said I was like 4-5 shades darker than I should be, bummer. I even asked to try it on my neck which was a little more accurate. I remember I was matched to mufe 140 which is a color I could never imagine of being that dark and this was approx. 2 weeks after I originally posted. Never even in the dead of summer could I be a mufe 140. ??? Wonder if severe acne scars can alter the results.

miabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Oliveskinsucks,

I agree with trying out the Kat Von D Lock It Foundation.  I've had amazing luck with it :smileyhappy:  It has amazing coverage & doesn't transfer.  I would suggest going with a color as close to your skin-tone as possible, as it oxidizes a bit warmer.  The Light 48 should be a good match, based on the description you provided.  If you have a store near you, definitely visit for a color match!

Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

http://bit.ly/177oc79

You can also try the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation.  The shade 4 may be a fairly good match :smileyhappy:

Urban Decay - Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup

http://bit.ly/TXzgzD

xo, Mia

incinci

I have similar coloring to yours and also have a hard time finding a good match for foundation.  I recently got the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Illuminating Foundation SPF 19 in the color Beige Dore 40.  The Beauty Advisor at the store took off all of my makuep and applied the YSL.  My skin never looked so good.  It wasn't orangey at all, nor too pink, just the perfect yellowy undertone, with a medium buildable coverage.  The only caveats are the price ($55) and you HAVE to use a brush or beauty blender to apply it, he said DON'T use your fingers for application. I found this foundation to be very long lasting and gives an extremely pretty dewy finish.  Another good match was the Sephora Collection Instant Radiance Foundation in Light 15 Nude ($22 and can apply with fingers).  Also, does your local store have the new Pantone Color IQ scanner?  I heard that many Sephoras are getting these and they scan your face in a couple of places, it assigns you an official Pantone skintone number, then it tells you all of your perfect color matches throughout the store. It is supposed to take about 10 minutes for the scan--it is very new, however, and only in limited stores.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Try getting matched to Kat Von D's foundation the next time you are in Sephora. It has amazing staying power and really good coverage with a satin finish.Hope this helps!

oliveskinsucks

(0) Hearts

I should have included that I'm more greenish than yellow as far as the olive undertone is.

roxystar4

If you like mineral foundation, Alima Pure has like 60 different colors. I got to try 5 of them for $10 (that includes shipping) plus they sent me some big size eye shadow & blush samples. 

Everytime I go to Sephora or a make up counter, I look so orange after. Im not sure if it is the lighting or what but they say "what a good match" I walk outside and I have an orangy/pink ring around my face. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl
    • miabt
    • incinci
    • oliveskinsucks