maltipoo66

puffy eye lids

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had a good recommendation for a product to reduce puffy eye lids-something that will work instantly.  Right now I'm using the Boscia Super Cool De-puffing Eye Balm and it's okay, but it stings my eyes a bit and doesn't work as well as I'd like it to.  Thanks!

mberteig

Re: puffy eye lids

I have the same problem and have been trying different products.  Two that I like that are working for me are the Fresh Lotus Eye Gel and the Algenist Firming & Lifting Eye Gel.

lissay

I know this is going to sound cheesy but put you can put two spoons in the freezer and then put them over your eyes until they "thaw". I had a horrible breakup in March and cried to where I could barely open my eyes. I called a friend and she suggested the spoon.  It worked wondefully for me. Swelling and puffiness was gone very quickly.

rdesigns

Frozen peas, as bluenun456 mentioned, are my favorites.  Many doctors suggest using them after surgical procedures because you can somewhat "custom fit" them to the area you are putting them on :-)

bluenun456

I literally JUST read an article about this on Futurederm[dot]com.

Here's what they suggested:

Step 1: Apply a bag of frozen peas, followed by caffeinated tea bags (any flavor except earl grey).

Step 2: Use a good eye product that's been in the fridge, like the one mentioned previously, Kiehl's Eye Alert. Estee Lauder Idealist Cooling Eye Illuminator is recommended in the article. 

Step 3: Elevate your head while sleeping.

Step 4: Stay away from alcohol & salt, or an eye puff inducing combo like a margarita! ;-) 

Step 5: If all else prevails, get checked for allergies.

Good luck!!

dianabt

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi maltipoo66,

*edited as I realized i put in the same product you were mentioning but my link was to the clinique*

I recommend you look at the Clinique All About Eyes De- Puffing Eye  which is gentle and should not cause the stinging you are getting from the other eye products. It's very lighweight and also hydrating and great to keep in the fridge as well!

http://www.sephora.com/productimages/sku/s1234897-main-hero.jpg

http://bit.ly/15qRIoT

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Nicrohr

Kiehl's EYE ALERT in the blue squeeze tube (NOT the de-puff stick that doesn't work for me and stings).  Eye alert works great, I didn't even realize my eyes were that puffy until i tried it and they looked ten times better and more alert!  I actually look twice when I pass a mirror - awesome for depuffing.  Doesn't irritate my VERY sensitive skin and eyes, not even on the lash line.

Origins also has a specifically de puffing eye mask called No Puffery, they have a rollerball you put int he fridge if you like it cool.  It's supposed to be very non-stingy, but I haven't tried that one yet.

mberteig

(0) Hearts

Where can you get the Kiehl's product?  Thanks!

calamityjane85

I'm using origins ginzing and I apply it and my moisturizer and let it set for a minute and do my foundation, then by the time I apply my eyeshadow my eyes arent puffy. I don't know how severe  your eyes are but it works for me, doesnt sting. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • lissay
    • mberteig
    • maltipoo66
    • dianabt
    • rdesigns
    • calamityjane85