makeup69

powder foundation

(0) Hearts

what POWDER foundation do you recommend that is long lasting, has good coverage, and preferably in compact form. I have combination skin.

beautylovingirl

Re: powder foundation

@sephoralovex- The MAC studiofix is an excellent suggestion. I agree :smileyhappy:

sephoralovex

MAC Studio fix powder foundation. It's long lasting, doesn't come off no matter what weather and makes you look flawless! I've been using it over 4 years now and it's the only foundation that has been my HG.

kenny

(0) Hearts

I second Make Up Forever's Pro Finish Powder Foundation. I didn't like powder foundations all that much until I tried this one. The coverage is excellent. I use a buffing brush (Body Shop) for all over, and then a concealer brush (Bare Minerals) to build a little more coverage.

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Another vote for MUFE Pro Finish!  I find it super versatile in coverage and has lasted me through heat and humidity. :smileyhappy:

swfupload_3749442945523626623.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/pro-finish-multi-use-powder-foundation-P377189?skuId=1479534

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Easy answer: Lancome's Dual Finish.  Wide shade range, sheer to full coverage depending on whether you apply it with dry or damp sponge.  Lasts all day with no touching up, doesn't settle into lines, zero caking.

Agree that Wayne Goss's video is a must to avoid the BM buying mistake because that stuff visibly looks...awful.  So grateful he posted that!

maltipoo66

(0) Hearts

Hi!  I highly recommend Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Mineral Pressed Powder Foundation.  It is sweat proof (it's lasted through intense workouts), so it will definitely last you through the day, and has nice coverage and a good shade range.  Here's the link:

http://www.sephora.com/velvet-mineral-pressed-powder-foundation-P208609?skuId=1041144

SportyGirly125

I love Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Powder

carolang

(0) Hearts

Don't go for the BM ready foundation. It is not very good. Colors are not great (and don't translate to the loose) and goes on very heavy/splotchy. Wayne Goss has an entire hate video on it. I use the loose form and can't attest to any other pressed ones other than BM... I hear a lot of good things about Lancome dual finish so I would see what others suggest but figured I'd recommend one to avoid!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kenny
    • maltipoo66
    • sephoralovex
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl