betogether

powder for oily skin!

I am looking for either a translucent powder, or a powder with low coverage. I am EXTREMELY oily skin and want something that will last all day! MUFE doesnt sell their translucent powder in stores anymore so something like it would be amazing i would like to stay under 30-35 at the most

starletta8

Re: powder for oily skin!

(0) Hearts

I'm going to take this thread in a whole different way.

I love, love love my Guerlain Meteorites Finishing Powder in compact form. It finishes, is translucent, and mattifies. Worth every penny!

Cheer14

(0) Hearts

I just got the Nars light reflecting and I love it! It works wonders for my oily skin.

Titian06

(0) Hearts

Hi, betogether!  If you're talking about MUFE's Super Matte Powder, I used to use that until Sephora stopped carrying it in their stores.  I switched to Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil.  Now I use MAC Setting Powder.  You would probably like Mineral Veil better because it is translucent, so it looks a lot like the Super Matte when you put it on.

melissabt

(0) Hearts

I second the NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Powder. I really like that it comes in a convenient compact and it instantly reduces shine without messing up your make up!

<3 Melissa
clarks18

Tarte Smooth Operator or Smashbox translucent finishing powder. I have oily skin and both of these powders work really well for me. Also apply the powder with a makeup puff rather than a fluffy brush.  The puff makes it easier to pack the powder onto your face rather than move it all over like a brush does.

janinebt

Hi betogether,

I would recommend trying NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Powder for a stunning soft glow that is totally weightless. It's an amazing powder, they also have a loose version of this powder too if you prefer that over a pressed powder.

swfupload_1504235786423195832.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/light-reflecting-pressed-setting-powder-P377757?skuId=1478247

swfupload_7546517132534189712.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/light-reflecting-loose-setting-powder-P377756?skuId=1478239

Whimsically yours,
Janine
jennypenny1995

Tarte's Finishing Powder, but, frankly, I've found LONGER results (all day) using no liquid formulas and using Lancome's Dual Finish Foundation instead.  It saves time, too, because I don't use a separate powder anymore.

missjr

I have oily skin, which becomes extremely oily during the summer months.  I swear by the MAC Prep & Prime Finishing Powder, which is translucent and great for all skin tones.

But, I have fallen in love with the Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder, which I received a deluxe sample of recently in the Tarte 500-point beauty perk.  I LOVE this powder!  Not only does it give me a matte finish, it diminishes my pores, lasts for hours and doesn't give my dark skin a whitish cast.  

I would highly recommend this powder to anyone with oily skin.

veritabelle

MUFE HD powder is wonderful!  I also find that Tarte Amazonian Translucent is great as well.  I used to use Laura Mercier Translucent finishing powder, but thought it was breaking me out.  Just make sure that whatever you buy it doesn't have talc as an ingredient.  

pinklissamel

(0) Hearts

I am extemly oily also but have not come across a powder that does last all day for me anyways. I am currently using Tarts Amazsomething one and it works but it does not last all day for me maybe 4 hrs at most before I have to blot, so if you do find one please shout it out !!!!

gigisd

(0) Hearts

I love MUFE's HD powder, especially when I blend it in with a moist Beautyblender sponge.  It keeps oil away and is completely invisible.

beautylovingirl

Are you talking about the HD powder from MUFE? To give you a few suggestions they would be

1. Tarte's  Smooth Operator

2. Cover FX matte powder

3.Laura Mercier also makes a translucent powder as well.

4. HD powder from MUFE. (My personal fave :smileyhappy: Hope this helps!

poshified

(0) Hearts

I LOVE the LORAC Porefection Baked Perfecting Powder! Now if only Sephora would keep the line readily available at all of its store...!! :smileyhappy: My shade is PF3 and in MAC terminology, I'm around an NC27 at the moment.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • veritabelle
    • melissabt
    • gigisd
    • jennypenny1995
    • janinebt
    • poshified